PDA

View Full Version : Blogs?

Chris
12th January 2011, 11:43
I've been toying with the idea of doing a blog on another forum but just wanted to see if it had been thought about having the option to do one on this forum?

jadedjohn
12th January 2011, 12:24
sounds a good idea chris

i would be interested to hear what other people are doing to try and prolong thier life, ie excersise, vitamins,

john

Jacqui Priestley
12th January 2011, 14:45
Why not? Go for it. I'm with John.

Robyn Copley-Hirst
12th January 2011, 16:12
Hi Chris,

I will look into and get back to you on this tomorrow when I get back into the office.

Best Regards,

Robyn

Chris
12th January 2011, 22:01
Thanks Robyn, i just think it would be a good thing to have as an option, even though my blog attempt may bore the pants off anyone that reads it lol. On a serious note i would like to do one for me to look back on in the future and have a bit of a record of how things progressed for me, aswel as the great times im hoping to have.

SGD
13th January 2011, 19:44
Sure I'm being dense (denser than usual) but when I reply to a private message and press reply, the page has a short think, then tells me that I'm not logged on. Should I always send a fresh message when I want to reply? I know that I am logged on. How I laughed after writing a 3 paragraph reply only to be told I'm not logged on and of course the losing the message.

Robyn Copley-Hirst
14th January 2011, 09:31
Hi SGD,

Keep me posted on that. The forum does have a 'time out'. So if you are inactive for so long you would have to log in again... but I've never lost messages yet (but I always highlight and copy just in case :)). Keep me posted and I'll have a think as to what could be happening!

Countyboy
16th January 2011, 17:36
Hi SGD, I had similar problems but, my thick head got into gear and this is what I do. First click on "Reply to Thread", this will then permit you to type your message in the "Quick Reply" box. When finished writing click on "Post Quick Reply" your post should then become part of the thread in use. You will still be able to edit your post by clicking on the "Edit Button". It works for me, so give it a try.
Best Wishes,
CB.

rog
24th January 2011, 22:50
I've been toying with the idea of doing a blog on another forum but just wanted to see if it had been thought about having the option to do one on this forum?

Have you thought about blogger.com from google? You can always get a new domain name for it after the fact.

Have a look at twitterfeed.com it'll send stuff from your blog to twitter & facebook ect, via RSS.

Chris
25th January 2011, 13:31
No rog ive not looked into any of those. I plan to start something in late Feb so i will look around then.

SGD
11th February 2011, 22:27
Hi SGD, I had similar problems but, my thick head got into gear and this is what I do. First click on "Reply to Thread", this will then permit you to type your message in the "Quick Reply" box. When finished writing click on "Post Quick Reply" your post should then become part of the thread in use. You will still be able to edit your post by clicking on the "Edit Button". It works for me, so give it a try.
Best Wishes,
CB.

Thanks for that - darling daughter downloaded something decidedly iffy from facebook - so I've had the lot scanned before returning to the forum - all is well.
By the way - have the awareness week dates been confirmed? - so I can get a street collection tie in up and running

Tricia-Ann
11th February 2011, 22:50
Thanks for that - darling daughter downloaded something decidedly iffy from facebook - so I've had the lot scanned before returning to the forum - all is well.
By the way - have the awareness week dates been confirmed? - so I can get a street collection tie in up and running

Hi SGD - I will email you the awareness week dates on Monday (cannot remember off the top of my head) :)

bakeit Forum