PDA

View Full Version : keeping dry in the rain

luce
22nd December 2011, 00:56
hiya
mum tried a poncho out today- useless as the arms were too tight and she could not get it on/off herself
any suggestions for keeping dry in the rain whilst in a wheelchair? wearing a coat is sometimes difficult owing to the arm movement to get it on. a shawl is handy but isn't waterproof.

perhaps there are cape like ponchos? thoughts welcome
luce

G60dubber
22nd December 2011, 10:55
I've encountered this but as yet have no solution. Maybe wedge an umbrella between shoulder n chair back? bit uncomfortable but prob do the job.

or get a hat with a 2ft brim :-)

Batty
22nd December 2011, 11:41
A poncho works for me(my poncho dosent have any arms), its easier to only go out when its not raining:)

sarahezekiel
23rd December 2011, 21:41
This looks quite good from Amazon (http://www.amazon.co.uk/Waterproof-Ripstop-Hooded-Festival-Poncho/dp/B003WLW4UI/ref=sr_1_1?s=clothing&ie=UTF8&qid=1324675901&sr=1-1). I had something similar but can't find it. I got soaking wet today so think I'll buy one.

Sarah

john
23rd December 2011, 22:21
Luce,
If you google wheelchairs you'll find lots of waterproof gear for your mum. First up on my search was betterlife who seemed to have a few in clothing. i think Irene's came from there and we keep it in abag thats hooks onto the back of the wheelchair.

John

bakeit Forum