PDA

View Full Version : My Brave Lady Finally Loses The Fight

carolmike25
30th December 2011, 09:17
Hi All - I just wanted to post to let you all know that my beautiful wife Carol finally lost her incredibly brave battle last night.
Carol fought for almost 3 years and through it all she gave us the strength to carry on.
The end was very peaceful - but still sooner than expected.
Despite everything we've been through we still weren't ready - Carol's loss is immense.

I wrote about Carol's fight in a blog which I hope you will read - it may be useful to someone out there - it certainly helped us.

http://carolmike25.blogspot.com/

Take care all and I wish you well.
All the best
Mike Gormley
Newquay
Cornwall

MikeFD
30th December 2011, 10:04
I'm so sorry to hear of your tragic loss. Our thoughts and sympathies are with you at this sad time.

Mike.

angnmick
30th December 2011, 18:59
So sorry for your loss Mike xx Ang

paul-uk
30th December 2011, 19:41
Sincere condolences Mike. Very sad news.

Lindenlea
30th December 2011, 20:03
So sad and so very sorry - God Bless

elle
31st December 2011, 01:28
So sorry for your loss mike, read your blog it's so sincere.
Take care x elle x

luce
31st December 2011, 09:23
Mike, sorry to hear about Carols death. Thanks for sharing your blog. Thinking of you, love Lucy

Mrsshaf
31st December 2011, 09:55
Thinking of you at this sad time x

Robert
31st December 2011, 13:32
Heartfelt sympathy to you and all your family Mike, Warmest Regards Bob & Pat

We'reinittogether
31st December 2011, 18:57
Dear Mike, I am so sorry for your loss. I have read your blog and you did an amazing job caring for Carol.Remember to tell yourself that.

kvc2761
2nd January 2012, 10:51
Thinking of you & your family mike

sarahezekiel
6th January 2012, 21:55
RIP Carol.

http://www.traceyjthomas.com/Images/paintings/LilliesBlue_lg.jpg

XXX

pooks
7th January 2012, 14:36
Mike,
You and your family are in my thoughts. Peaceful sleeping for your wife now. Do take care of yourself, now is the time to look after you just as well as you did her.
lots of love,
Naomi
xx

Denise_Charles
9th January 2012, 15:23
So sorry to hear of your loss :( Ive read your blog and Carol was such a strong and inspirational lady & you did such a brilliant job caring for her
Thinking of you and your family at this very sad time :( x x

kentmnd
10th January 2012, 00:00
Mike, I've just read your blog and although we don't know each other, it sounds like you did a great job looking after your wife while you both coped with mnd. My mum's final week sounds very like your wife's. All the best, Alex

Crazy girl
11th January 2012, 09:54
Mike,

We are so sorry for your loss. Like others I dont know you or your family but I care for my husband and I just wanted to tell you that your blog is amazing, and has really helped me and my husband share with others what we are going through, and although its of little consequence to you I wanted you to know you have helped us, so thank you.

You are all in our thoughts,
Take care of yourselves,
Tracy

Bels
11th January 2012, 16:56
Mike,

I am very sorry for your immense loss. I have taken some time to read your blog and found it really helpful. I am really annoyed at some of my Mum's friends at the moment and you wrote down my thoughts exactly. I will aim to share this with others. Thank you.

You are in my thoughts.

Bels

carolmike25
12th January 2012, 09:20
I would like to thank you all for your very kind words and thoughts.
If the blog has helped anyone in anyway then it has achieved what Carol wanted it to do.
Carol wanted to be honest about her journey, despite how difficult it was to write everything down, but it was important to show what Carol went through so that others could understand and maybe take strength from her fight.
Carol was such an amazing lady.
Today (Thursday) is the day we've been preparing ourselves for - Carol's funeral - everything is ready and I hope we can give Carol the send-off she deserves.
Thank you all and I wish you well.
Mike
xx

Robyn Copley-Hirst
12th January 2012, 10:16
Mike,

Our thoughts are with you and your family throughout today.

carolmike25
18th April 2012, 16:09
Hi All - sorry for bringing this post back into the current list but just wanted to say that my beautiful Carol is in the latest issue of Thumbprint - on page 14.
It was something we were working on in the weeks before Carol died and we decided to go ahead as a tribute to Carol's brave fight - and to let everyone see what an inspiration she was to us all.
It's now been 16 weeks since our lives and hearts were broken and I've tried to explain what it's been like in the blog.
Some of it is just me ranting and letting off steam but, despite what I thought before, there's no way you can prepare for what happens after.
Stay safe & keep fighting.
My very best regards to you all,
Mike xx

bakeit Forum