PDA

View Full Version : Hi to everyone

Denise_Charles
9th January 2012, 14:51
hi my names Denise, My mum was diagnosed with MND in December :( This came as a massive shock to me and all of my family and especially my mum. Ive become my mums full time carer as i didnt work before (i have a 2 year old son)

Its took me a while to come to terms with it all (i dont think it will ever sink in)
I didnt know alot about MND (actually next to nothing im embarrased to say :( ) and have been doing alot of research and have started doing fundraising to raise money and awareness because not one person i told about my mums diagnosis knew what it was or had heard of it, so im making it my mission to raise awareness so that people can have the basic knowledge and understand what the person is going through and what effects it has on the whole family.

my mum is my best friend and it crushes me thinking whats around the corner, but i will be there through thick and thin, thats why iv joined this forum because i know i cant think so negativly and iv been reading some stories and picking up bits of advice :) and just thought id say hello and introduce myself hehe x x

Bels
9th January 2012, 15:06
Hi Denise,

Welcome to the forum. I am sorry about the circumstances. My Mum was diagnosed a couple of years ago and it took me a long time to get my head round things. I am not sure I have fully now. My Dad is her full time carer and is doing a great job.

I have found this forum to be very helpful and welcoming and I am sure you will do too. I too knew very little about MND, that has certainly changed. It is great that you are helping raise awareness.

Belsx

SGD
9th January 2012, 19:20
Welcome to the forum.

Kind Regards

SGD Steve

angnmick
9th January 2012, 19:24
Hi Denise
Sorry you have to join this forum but know they are a great bunch on here, we actually only live a few miles from you I see, your very right too positiveness really helps along with a sense of humour. xx Ang

elle
9th January 2012, 23:50
Hi denise welcome to the forum feel free to ask as many questions you want
and i'msure you will find some answers take care x elle x:):):)

magic
11th January 2012, 21:01
You are an inspiration. My husband diagnosed before Chrristmas and I still dont know how I will cope with what is to come. Know I need to get positive but how do you get trough the grief and enormity of it all?

Magic

bakeit Forum