PDA

View Full Version : ALS Wave

Jeannie
19th January 2012, 17:56
I was just reminiscing about things we use to chat about in the ALS chatroom. One thing we talked and joked about was how our arms would raised up when we yarned.

Maybe we could all line up and yawn one at a time creating a ALS Wave (Mexican wave) lol

Can you tell I'm bored :D

john
20th January 2012, 10:00
Hi Jeannie,
Think most people have lost the ability to wave so you'll have to see if you can think about options. Probably the yawning is still within everybody's grasp. Another option might be a flag in the mouth and ashake of the head.

john

Batty
20th January 2012, 10:56
Hi Jeannie,
Could'nt wave so I blew you a kiss:)
Luv Mark

Jeannie
20th January 2012, 11:00
Hi John,

I should've made my post a bit clearer lol when I say wave I don't mean a full arm lift in the air as I know too well that pals (person with als) quickly loose that ability. I don't know about you or other forum members here, but many pals I've spoken too including myself have notice that when we yarn our hands raise from the elbow which we have no control over.

I like the flag idea ;)

Jeannie
20th January 2012, 11:03
awww sweet thank you Mark, right back at you muah ;)

john
20th January 2012, 11:46
I am a carer but yes my wife Irene has the same experience , things that she can't move do move when she yawns. Seems a shame that ability can't be captured for use on demand.

John

bakeit Forum