PDA

View Full Version : Sharp head pains

soniamm
5th March 2012, 05:56
Hi all, wondered if any of you have experienced sharp head pains, generally only last for seconds but powerful. My son has had a bout if these recently.

Sonia

Mads
5th March 2012, 18:24
Hi all, wondered if any of you have experienced sharp head pains, generally only last for seconds but powerful. My son has had a bout if these recently.

Sonia

Hi Sonia

Yes I have them every now and then they run from the back of my
Head into my neck and last about 30 seconds I have had them for over two years
And I was diagnosed 16 months ago I have mentioned them to my consultant and she
Seems baffled by them, they are very strong and used to come on after I had been the gym
But now occur when they feel like it !!!

Rachelg
5th March 2012, 20:31
Gosh my husband used to suffer these - before diagnosis - but something he mentioned during the diagnostic process. Sudden, unexpected and unexplained stabbing sharp pain, made his face screw up - lasting again about 30 seconds. Assumed these were unrelated to MND. He described them as similar to an ice cream headache pain but worse. They don't happen now but his head is always pretty "foggy" due to so many meds or as he says "Comfortably Numb".

daine.scott
6th March 2012, 13:00
My father in law complained about these sharp pains lasting for about 20-30 seconds. Although he had these pains a long time before diagnosis.

soniamm
7th March 2012, 18:30
Hi All

Thanks for the feedback especially the ice cream headache, that's exactly how my son describes the pains, seems he may have to get used to it. My son is 2 years into diagnosis and copes ok, only 27yrs and is a big lad so is managing to hold is own, so to speak.

Thanks once again

Sonia

bakeit Forum