PDA

View Full Version : Liking the new features

Jeannie
20th March 2012, 10:28
Oh I am liking the new features especially the 'auto save' no more loosing text ;) quick reply has had a revamp.

What else is new?

Jeannie
20th March 2012, 10:37
Would it be possible to have a 'like or helpful' post feature?

Robyn Copley-Hirst
20th March 2012, 11:04
Thanks for the feedback. It's really helpful, if you spot anything else you love/hate do let us know here.

Jeannie, if you go into the area 'Forum Feedback and Help' you should now be able to see that I've 'voted' on your thread here and you should be able to see a star system.

Having a rating/usefulness system was mentioned by a number of members previously. I've altered the star system so that each star is a positive. If my memory is correct nobody at the time wanted to have 'bad' threads as everyones input to the forum is helpful... but they did want to show others where the even more helpful threads were.

Is that the kind of system you're referring to?

Robyn

edit - you should now see a 'useful thread?' tab at the top of a thread (near the thread search facility). Acte members can now vote on threads to show others where the most useful information is. All voting options are positive and no thread can receive a negative rating. The results will appear as stars next to the thread title in the listings.

http://i1187.photobucket.com/albums/z387/RobynForum/forumratingfeature.jpg

I've also been through and tweaked some of the 'group' options. I know none of you have felt the need to use this facility - to be able to create groups and have discussions within that group - at the top of the page if you click 'community' you then see 'groups'. They could be for people in the same area... those with similar symptoms... ona trial etc. It's there if anyone finds it useful.

Jeannie
20th March 2012, 11:27
Disappointed, only 3 star vote? kidding lol Yes, that's the sort of thing - how do you vote? I wouldn't want to see it on individual posts because it would act as siding when a debate is in progress.

Jeannie
20th March 2012, 11:31
Oh, I see how you vote now :D at the top of the thread there is a 'useful thread' function - I obviously selected 'outstanding' lol

Robyn Copley-Hirst
20th March 2012, 11:42
Oh, I see how you vote now :D at the top of the thread there is a 'useful thread' function - I obviously selected 'outstanding' lol

As if you'd vote any other way, Jeannie! :)

The voting will average out as more people vote on each thread so as time goes on an accurate measure of how useful everyone found it will be online. We'll just have to wait and see if everyone finds this feature useful.

Best Regards,

Robyn

Jeannie
20th March 2012, 11:44
I just tried creating a group and the group category selection is not working.

Robyn Copley-Hirst
20th March 2012, 11:47
I'll take a look, Jeannie... I'll let you know when I've tested through everything for you.

Robyn

Jeannie
20th March 2012, 12:01
Cheers Robyn

Robyn Copley-Hirst
20th March 2012, 12:01
Hi Jeannie,

I've popped in some group categories... I'm happy to change these, or add to them to cater for whatever people want to use these areas for if they choose to.

When you click on 'Create Group' now you can select categories of:

Local Support
Forms of MND
Trials

I'll add an 'Other' selection now, but that should set you off to have a play.

Robyn

Jeannie
20th March 2012, 12:10
Great ;)

Created a test group just to see how it works. There is a problem with adding pics - i get the following error open in a sep page: Jeannie, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
??

Robyn Copley-Hirst
20th March 2012, 12:26
Thanks Jeannie,

I'll get back to you asap with that one, though it may not be today. I'll keep you posted.

Robyn

bakeit Forum