PDA

View Full Version : Stories of MND Burn Out

Graham
29th March 2012, 22:25
Hi All,

Any stories of the MND 'plateau' or reversal of progression are welcome in this thread.

Best wishes

Graham

michelle
29th March 2012, 23:24
Hi graham
My mother has bulbar onset which started in July 2011 she rapidly lost her speech and stopped eating she lost 3 stone in two months. She was officially diagnosed in January emg showed widespread neurogenic changes in upper and lower areas and in bulbar muscles. 4 weeks ago she had a bad fall and ended up in a & e docs discharged her on the previso that she stay with me for a few days. I managed to convince her she should stay full time which she grudgingly agreed to. I don't know if it is the fact that she is more relaxed that she isn't alone but her speech is improved slightly and she is now eating small meals but this may be due to advice from the dietician and speech therapist. My brother comes everyday and did comment that maybe she might be getting better or even misdiagnosed, we can only hope. I really don't know if this is a plateau or a reversal but I think feeling safe and not having the worry eases the strain

Beat wishes

Michelle

pete
30th March 2012, 08:31
Hi michelle

Whatever it is , great new for once , hope it continues to improve , and ease your strain and worry,
best wishes to you all

regards
pete

michelle
30th March 2012, 11:34
Hi Pete
It might just be that she's pleased that she's found a use for me after 45 years haha
Michelle

pete
31st March 2012, 10:42
Hi Pete
It might just be that she's pleased that she's found a use for me after 45 years haha
Michelle

Hi michelle,

No its much more than that i assure you , For me the hardest part of any illness is having to admit you need help from people , the simple fact that now your mom knows you are there for her , will only make life for you all that much better , I know now i couldnt manage without my daughters help , and if your mom has accepted that fact i hope it all goes well for you all now on.

Regards

pete ps thank you

sarahezekiel
4th April 2012, 20:00
I've just hit my 13 year anniversary of MND diagnosis. After an initial rapid progression I seemed to plateau. I don't know whether my progression has stopped or just slowed right down but I feel pretty good. There is hope :)

Sarah

bakeit Forum