PDA

View Full Version : Help requested from ashfieb please re arm support

caz
4th April 2012, 13:45
Hi hope you can, or anyone else can help.on you tube there is footage of someone(LISTED AS ASHFIEB) using an arm support device to aid with drinking.Ihave scoured the web and cant seem to find it .It comes under als-mnd arm support and would be perfect for my husband who is very restricted with arm movement.havent seen ot yet as only recently diagnosed and still waiting for appointment so have been purchasing everything I can to help.it does look like armon avuyra but they seem to clamp on desks whereas this one is freestanding.appreciate any help given on where to get one and how much they cost or are they supplied from ots.thankyou for any input x

angnmick
4th April 2012, 13:59
Hi Caz

I know an OT can get the kind that attach to a wheelchair,if your hubby is in a wheelchair. Hope that helps. xx Ang

Robyn Copley-Hirst
4th April 2012, 14:12
Hi Caz,

You can find members in our 'member list'.

If you go up to the top of the page, just below the thin multi-coloured line, you should see 'COMMUNITY'. Click on that and a menu drops dow, now click 'MEMBER LIST'

To save you a bit of time here's the page you'll eventually come to: Member info Ashfieb (http://forum.mndassociation.org/member.php?45-ashfieb)

You can then privately message or email any forum member (if the person has said yes to this option). I hope this helps. You won't see the persons email as this is private info, but the forum will send your message either to their inbox on the forum, or to their email on your behalf.

Best Regards,

Robyn

Batty
4th April 2012, 14:12
I think you will find this was on the Build-UK forum.
http://www.magimedia.co.uk/buildforum/viewtopic.php?t=4264&highlight=drinking+arm+support

Jeannie
4th April 2012, 14:17
Hi Caz,

I know Barry aka ashfieb and will ask him to look at your thread xx

Jeannie
4th April 2012, 14:23
You also might wanna look at the 'Neater eater' http://forum.mndassociation.org/showthread.php?461

ashfieb
4th April 2012, 15:45
Hi Caz

The arm support was supplied free of charge by the gadget Department of my local NHS hospital.

As I can no longer able to use the arm support I have just sent them an e-mail to see if it would be okay to pass the equipment onto you, I will let you know as soon as I have a reply.

Cheers Barry

ashfieb
4th April 2012, 15:59
Hi Caz
just had this quick reply " Sorry to hear you can no longer make use of it. Yours was funded by MNDA so feel free to pass it on to the friend and if he contacts me I will do any adjustments adaptations etc. feel free to pass on my e mail address or contact details"

I live in Hessle, Yorkshire, the equipment is probably too heavy/bulky to post, are you able to collect it ?

Cheers Barry

caz
4th April 2012, 19:08
hi barry ,thanks for your reply and to jeanie for passing on message.unfortunately i dont drive and live in northamptonshire so I will see if there is any way the mnd association could help by transfering between support groups or association visitors.will send them a request today and see if they can do anything to help.would be great if they could x

Toppers
5th April 2012, 16:08
Hi Caz and Barry
I live in Rugby and I have a sales meeting in Melbourne near York on the 18th of April so if Barry wasn't far from there I could pick it up and as I'm not far from Northants then I could get it to you Caz. Hope this would help as I am still working and cover a large area around the country so it would save a lot of hassle from Caz's point and save Barry packing it up, so let me know and maybe we can get it down here for you.

Pete

caz
5th April 2012, 22:48
that would be absolutely brilliant!if barry could contact you and give his home details if it was convenient then if you could get it to the northampton mnda branch one of the connect team said she could bring it to me as she lives in the same town.I cant believe how generous everybody is being in this very difficult time for us.Its still very difficult to take in .x

ashfieb
6th April 2012, 17:58
Hi Caz and Barry
I live in Rugby and I have a sales meeting in Melbourne near York on the 18th of April so if Barry wasn't far from there I could pick it up and as I'm not far from Northants then I could get it to you Caz. Hope this would help as I am still working and cover a large area around the country so it would save a lot of hassle from Caz's point and save Barry packing it up, so let me know and maybe we can get it down here for you.

Pete

hi Pete,
that sounds great, I have sent you a private message

Cheers Barry

bakeit Forum