PDA

View Full Version : Spring Conferences

miranda
2nd May 2012, 20:00
Is anyone planning to attend any of the MNDA Spring Conferences this month and/or AGM in September?

Chris
3rd May 2012, 15:18
Yes I will be going to both, the one in Chester later this month then Stanstead.

soniamm
4th May 2012, 05:59
Hi Miranda, I will be going to the Stanstead conference.

Sonia

Jeannie
4th May 2012, 08:45
Hi Chris and all,

I have registered for Stansted this month and September. Looking forward to meeting you again Chris and Chris. Sonia, will your son be attending too? would be lovely to meet you both.

soniamm
5th May 2012, 07:56
Hi Jeannie

No I am afraid my son won't be coming, he is gradually coming to terms with his condition ( 2yrs on) but not quite there yet, although he has mentioned of late that he is considering telling a couple of his close friends, its now obvious that he has some seriouus stuff going on but they dont know the full story.

I am looking foward meeting up with forum members and to the seminar, it helps me a great deal as a carer.

Sonia x

sarahezekiel
5th May 2012, 22:32
I'm coming to the Stanstead spring conference and the AGM in September. Look forward to seeing you all again!

Sarah

Alienista606
6th May 2012, 09:36
we coming 2 to Stansted in May

Max

miranda
6th May 2012, 15:58
Great - seems like there will be quite a gang of us at Stanstead in May and also for the AGM.

Jeannie
6th May 2012, 17:28
Hi Sonia,

That's totally understandable that your son isn't up to this yet.

Looking forward to meeting you all ;-)

Michaeldw
6th April 2013, 00:16
South West Spring Conference 2013 - Gloucester 19 May 2013

Hi, anyone going to the above conference?

Michael

Barry52
6th April 2013, 12:45
Hi all,

I'm going to the Harrogate conference on 11th May and look forward to meeting up if anyone else is attending.

Barry

Terry
6th April 2013, 15:40
Bit too far for me Michael;
But I hope to go to the one at Camborne near Cambridge next Saturday.
Anyone going there, Terry

Arthur
6th April 2013, 17:54
I would love to go to a Spring Conference, unfortunately none are close to an airport which has flights to Northern Ireland (thats where I live).
I intend going to the AGM where I will raise this matter again!!!!

Arthur

eljayaro
6th April 2013, 22:19
I'm going to the Cambridge conference on 13th April. My kids are taking us or if Bren's not too good I'll go with two of them and the other one will stay home with her. Probably the only one I recognise will be Rory 'cos he's got this enormous sense of humour, which he can't disguise!! I'll be the miserable looking one with Bren, and my three young children getting in to their late forties. See you there.
eljayaro (Len)

Honey
8th April 2013, 08:40
Never been to a conference before but think I'm interested. Would any of you advise going having only just been introduced to MND in Nov 2012? Still learning about the disease so want to be as informed as possible but also still very emotional and angry that this is happening to our family.
Thanks

Andrew
8th April 2013, 10:30
Never been to a conference before but think I'm interested. Would any of you advise going having only just been introduced to MND in Nov 2012? Still learning about the disease so want to be as informed as possible but also still very emotional and angry that this is happening to our family.
Thanks

Hi Honey,

This page on our website will hopefully give you a better understanding of what our Spring Conferences are about, and whether it may be worth attending:

http://www.mndassociation.org/news-and-events/events/conferences/spring-conferences

Best wishes,

Andrew

wheelchairking
8th April 2013, 14:29
I would love to go to a Spring Conference, unfortunately none are close to an airport which has flights to Northern Ireland (thats where I live).
I intend going to the AGM where I will raise this matter again!!!!

Arthur

I will be attending the conference in Blackpool on May 12th. As far as I am aware there are daily flights between Blackpool and Belfast. Hope to meet you there.

Arthur
8th April 2013, 20:56
Yes, there is one flight per day but its during the conference. This would mean a three day trip for a one day conference which is a bit excessive, but thanks for the information.
I did attend a conference in Blackpool in 2011 but due to volcanic ash I stayed a lot longer than I intended to! The Heron's Reach hotel was a great place to be stranded in for an extra three days.
Emjoy the hotel it is very good,

Arthur

bakeit Forum