PDA

View Full Version : kids keep you strong

mndwheels
5th June 2012, 21:16
MND is tough, but my kids keep me strong;

I look in the mirror and what do I see,
half the man I used to be,
the shadow of illness can't escape from me.
But I'm no quitter two fab kids keep me strong,
with a sparkle in their eyes and a familiar smile,
part of me will always live on.

Keep smiling, I do
Gareth :cool:

Nats
10th June 2012, 10:32
You are not alone Gareth. I am struggling with a recent diagnosis. I have read this and it gives me courage to face the next hour. I am taking my girls on holiday to Mauritius before life really changes for our family as my balance seems to be going. I just want to live in the moment and enjoy each day that I have with them. Lots of love to you.

iwontgivein
10th June 2012, 14:07
Gareth, i too have MND and have 2 small boys, i look after them on my own.

Stay strong Gareth

simplysal
10th June 2012, 17:33
Gareth your poems are awesome, I'll have you know I write a bit of poetry myself, not as talented as you though!!! As you may know, I'm waiting to see a neurologist but I'm a single parent of two adorable children, Sam my son who has just turned 14 and my daughter Fern who is 10 who herself is hospitalised regularly with Hereditary Pancreatitis (inherited faulty gene, father is also a sufferer). Out of interest, how do you guys manage looking after the children school runs, cooking meals, usual stuff like washing as your own mobility decreases etc? It worries me just a little. I read often that sufferers have husbands/wives who become carers but what if we your single parents? I call you all amazing!!! x

bakeit Forum