PDA

View Full Version : Mum died peacefully yesterday

luce
6th June 2012, 08:33
Good morning all,

Just a brief message to say that mum (Margaret) died peacefully aT home yesterday (12:36), she was ready to go. She was surrounded by lots of her family and friends, just as she wanted.

I know that many of you will have shared in her journey in some way (via the posts i have put). Mum felt very connected to the forum although she could not access it herself. She wanted to post something about the importance of keeping your head in today and dealing with each day as it comes, and about trying to remain cheerful and enjoying life. Mum is glad that she saw it through to the end and enjoyed her time (and until the last 3-4 weeks she was happy to be here).. She had MND for two and a half years, but was diagnosed on her birthday last year (30 May 2011). Going down to her house in an hour or two, it is full of lovely birthday cards and flowers.

Today mum will be donating her brain and spinal cord for MND research.

Please keep her in your thoughts and prayers

Lucy

roy
6th June 2012, 09:41
Hi Lucy,
Just wanted to say how sorry to hear of your loss of your mum.My heart felt thoughts for you and your family.
rest in peace Margaret God Bless.

Roy.

Robyn Copley-Hirst
6th June 2012, 09:48
Hi Lucy,

I am pleased your mum died in a way she would have wanted, when she felt ready, peacefully and surrounded by her loved ones. But my thoughts are also with you and your family at this difficult time, too.

Very best wishes,

Robyn

Peaches
6th June 2012, 10:46
Big hugs Lucy and family

XXX

Robert
6th June 2012, 11:09
Hi lucy,sorry to read about mum, we are thinking of you and your family at this sad time.

Warmest Regards Bob & Pat x

miranda
6th June 2012, 12:51
Hi Lucy, .thank you for letting us know your Mum's journey is over. Your posts have allowed us to share her experiences, and yours. Best wishes for the days ahead.

MattJ
6th June 2012, 13:25
Hi Lucy,

Sorry to hear about your mum...our thoughts are with you and your family at this sad time.

soniamm
6th June 2012, 14:32
Hi Luce,

So sorry to hear about your mum, you are in our thoughts at this sad time

God bless.

Sonia

john
6th June 2012, 15:22
Hi Lucy,
So sorry to hear about your Mum. Glad her passing was peaceful.

Hopefully her generous donation will provide some answers and an end to this awful disease.

John

pete
6th June 2012, 16:05
Hi lucy,

So sorry to hear the sad news ,and our thoughts are with you ,at this time . also glad to hear she passed away peacefully, and at home with family around her. You take care.

all our love

Pete & Lynne

angnmick
6th June 2012, 17:07
Lucy
So sorry to hear of your loss, our thoughts are with you xx Ang

paris
6th June 2012, 21:17
Hi Lucy - I am so sorry to hear your news. I will be thinking of you and your family at this sad time. xxx

iwontgivein
7th June 2012, 08:25
My thoughts are with you all Lucy, xxxxx

Chrissey
7th June 2012, 22:36
Hi Lucy so very sorry to learn about your Mum you are in my Thoughts and Prayers at this very sad time. God Bless x

Jeannie
11th June 2012, 17:08
Such sad news - thoughts are with you and your family (((hugs)))

luce
11th June 2012, 21:08
Thanks all for your love, prayers, best wishes and hugs. Mum's funeral is friday 11.30. followed by a wake on the seafront in Plymouth. Hope that we do justice to her life, she was so brave and never moaned even though she had MND, Angina, COPD, osteoperosis, epilepsy, enlarged cartoid artery, survived cancer etc. take care everyone, Luce

Irene
11th June 2012, 21:39
So sorry to hear about your mum.May all your happy memories see you through the days ahead big hugs to you and your family love from Irene and John x

bakeit Forum