PDA

View Full Version : Returning to the UK

Michaeldw
20th June 2012, 23:04
Hi,

My wife and I have finally sold our house in Spain and will return to the UK by the end of next week.

I have tried, unsuccessfully, to get Rilutek through the health system, in Spain.

We will be looking around Reading for a retirement property.

Regards to all

Michael

roy
21st June 2012, 00:05
Hi Micheal,
sorry to see you you have found yourself on this forum but just wanted to say welcome, hope you find what your looking for in reading.

best wishes.

Roy

ian
21st June 2012, 08:31
Congratulations Michael,

Hope the move goes well. Returning from France to Norfolk was best thing we did. Have you got details of the health contacts you will need here? If not contact MNDA for a list. Good luck with your search for accommodation.

Best wishes,

Ian

BuzzerB
28th July 2012, 16:37
Hi,

My wife and I have finally sold our house in Spain and will return to the UK by the end of next week.

I have tried, unsuccessfully, to get Rilutek through the health system, in Spain.

We will be looking around Reading for a retirement property.

Regards to all

Michael

Hi Michael

Sorry to here you had to return to the UK. It must be the luck of the draw, I went to Denia hospital after initial diagnosis via our private health cover within 7 days of diagnosis. The Neurologist at Denia confirmed the original diagnosis and I took my first Rilutek tablet 4 days later.
I think the positivity I will gain from everything in Spain will help, I do realise I may need to pay for some private nursing care later but this should be less of a financial impact that taking a big hit by selling up here and returning to UK.

Regards

Keith.

Michaeldw
6th August 2012, 00:09
Hi Keith,

My first visit to the neurologist, in Denia, was 31 May 2011, she arranged a emg which was 19 December 2011. The follow up appointment with the neurologist was 11 April 2012. The results of the emg were lost, we gave up!!!!

Got back to the UK 30 June, registered with a GP, at John Radcliffe some 13 days later.

Regards and very much good luck to you

Michael

BuzzerB
7th August 2012, 22:08
Hi Michael

Thanks for your reply. Glad you have got sorted in the UK.
Positive thoughts, one day at a time.

Kind regards

Keith.

bakeit Forum