PDA

View Full Version : Peg is now in place

berdbrain
30th August 2012, 22:41
Hi all, PEG is in for my sis in law - she had it done at John Radcliffe and had wonderful treatment - I am sorry to be reading how awful a time Graham has been having in hospital - she said that the care couldn't have been better.
Anyway, can anybody tell me if things don't run completely smoothly what probs have there been and how do you overcome them? Huge question I know, but any tip would be grateful. Although she thought she would have it done before she needed it in fact, she is having her pain relief through the tube and her nutrition now too. She is in a lot of pain around the site and when she tries to walk but I guess that will fade away after some days.

All the best to you all, I do read the forum and wish that you all keep fighting.

Irene
30th August 2012, 22:54
Hi there,the soreness will ease off after a few days.John did unfortunately develop an infection while still in the hospital.Antibiotics cleared that up and weve never looked back.Hes had no problems at all and hes just had it in place 1 year hope all goes well for your sister in law.Once the discomfort passes Im sure she will reap the benefits of having it put in xxx Irene

pete
30th August 2012, 23:27
Hi all, PEG is in for my sis in law - she had it done at John Radcliffe and had wonderful treatment - I am sorry to be reading how awful a time Graham has been having in hospital - she said that the care couldn't have been better.
Anyway, can anybody tell me if things don't run completely smoothly what probs have there been and how do you overcome them? Huge question I know, but any tip would be grateful. Although she thought she would have it done before she needed it in fact, she is having her pain relief through the tube and her nutrition now too. She is in a lot of pain around the site and when she tries to walk but I guess that will fade away after some days.

All the best to you all, I do read the forum and wish that you all keep fighting.

Hi b.b,

Glad to hear sis had her peg done and is recovering, hope the pain goes soon and she feels better,give her my best wishes, and that goes for you too.

Regards
Pete.

Rory
1st December 2012, 19:38
Hi
I hope the peg soreness is now OK
I had some soreness to start with but that was no more than the wound healing. I , likewise, have never looked back with this new feeding regime. And I don't have to wash up !

Best wishes
Rory

bakeit Forum