PDA

View Full Version : Automomatic door opener - Now Has A Home

luce
8th September 2012, 23:00
Hi

The council don't want the automatic door opener back

It is a possum piece of kit,

Infra red automatic door opener with switches.

would like it to go to someone with MND. If you are interested then please get in touch as you would need to be in touch with me and with possum as i understand that whilst the kit was orignially expenisve the installation can be costly too so you would need to make sure that it really is the right thing for you.

When mum used it she could manage getting in and out of the house alone just with slight movement of the hand on a button, there is also a larger switch for the wall that can be depressed.

Lucy

luce
19th September 2012, 23:51
Hi
good news all, I think the door opener has found a home for someone with MND
luce

miranda
20th September 2012, 11:09
That is good news. Great to see you on the forum and helping others to benefit from your experiences.

mdwsamson
26th October 2012, 11:17
Can you tell me a bit more about the dive. We have fire doors in our block and I battle to open and close doors from my wheelchair. If u can point me to a source of info and supplier on ths

luce
26th October 2012, 12:23
Can you tell me a bit more about the dive. We have fire doors in our block and I battle to open and close doors from my wheelchair. If u can point me to a source of info and supplier on ths

Hi
the best thing would be to speak with your OT who could explore options. If you rent off someone or the council you could ask them to install something that makes the fire doors open automatically

the one my mum has was for her front door only, it had a control system on the top and an arm that was connected to the door. she could depress a button, and when that was too hard slightly touch a switch- all infrared and the door would open automatically. we had it programmed to close after 20 seconds.

the company was possum.

Just thining about communal doors- they could be difficult even with a disabled access button to depress if you dont have use of your arms to reach

have you asked MNDA for any ideas
luce

bakeit Forum