PDA

View Full Version : Heaven gains another angel

J355
12th September 2012, 21:12
Today, 5 months after diagnosis, my amazing uncle passed away.

He fought so hard at the end and was trying so hard to hang on but this terrible disease robbed him of everything but his sense of humour and his smile - he was even smiling at the end. 6 months ago he was independent, walking to the shops for the paper every day. At the end of July he developed a chest infection that he could not shake off. It took his mobility and in the end it took his life as well.

Here's to hoping that there is soon a treatment and cure so no-one else has to suffer the way my uncle did.

RIP xx

pete
12th September 2012, 22:13
Hello J355,

Sorry to hear about your uncle, it is a cruel disease and words are not enough.

pete

rosa
13th September 2012, 14:04
Hi J355
So sorry to hear about your uncle god bless you and all your family xx

Robert
13th September 2012, 14:07
Heartfelt sympathy J355, to you and all your family
Wamest Regards Bob & Pat xx

Gwen
13th September 2012, 23:02
Very sorry to hear of the loss of your uncle. He certainly was an amazing person. Love to you and your family, Gwen x

luce
13th September 2012, 23:51
so sorry to hear your news, he died so quickly
thinking of you at this sad time
luce

Mrsshaf
14th September 2012, 09:42
So sorry to hear your sad news. My heartfelt sympathy to you and all your family.

Paula
X

J355
14th September 2012, 21:50
Thank you to everyone for your lovely comments.

Although it is a really sad time in our lives, we are comforted by the fact that he did not suffer for long. He was only diagnosed in April and with this chest infection he only spent 5 days in hospital at the end. He was initially admitted onto a neuro ward before being transferred to a critical care ward where he sadly passed away. He was surrounded by family and friends at the end, it was calm and peaceful and we know he is looking down on us laughing as we remember the good times.

To everyone who commented - thank you.

To anyone who is experiencing this horrible disease - I hope you find the comfort in family and friends that my uncle did, and that you are supported by a fantastic hospital as we were.

J355 xx

poz
15th September 2012, 11:05
thinking of you at this sad time
x

bakeit Forum