PDA

View Full Version : N I V s Mask or nasal pillows

Janna
4th October 2012, 08:15
Hi everyone.
Hoping for some feedback on the best N I V to use to produce the best result.My husband has now used the mask for two days and then changed to the nasal pillows as his nose was sore.I noticed a dramatic improvement in his speech and general health when using the mask but not the pillows.He is reluctant to return to the mask as he keeps waking in the night and likes to read himself back to sleep,a problem when he needs glasses to read.Has anyone found a way to combine wearing glasses and wearing a mask.Would love to hear how other people cope.

Thank you all for being there
Janna

michelle
4th October 2012, 10:02
Hi Janna

My mum has the same problem with the mask and her glasses. I saw this on the web don't know if its a solution as I haven't seen them for real but it may or may not help

http://clicreadersuk.co.uk/

Best wishes

Michelle

wooz
4th October 2012, 14:37
Nasal tips mask is the best NIV mask and you can wear glasses

Jangobie
4th October 2012, 15:46
Hi my husband wears a full mask as he cannot use the nasal ones. As you say the problem is with glasses, I have just ordered a pair that are magnetic and break on the bridge of the nose. It will be interesting to see how they perform.

My husband has now been using his full mask since July, it did take quite a bit of getting used to but he persevered and he can now sleep with it on for 8 hours. After the first few days of using it he was saying I will never get used to this but his quality of live during the day improved dramatically and this made him want to get used to the mask.

Would love to hear if you find anything different and will let you know how we get on with the reading glasses when they arrive.

Diane

bakeit Forum