PDA

View Full Version : Would you like to take photos/video but can't hold the camera anymore? Check this out

patrick joyce
12th February 2011, 19:37
If like me you love taking photos or film but can't hold the camera up, then I may have just what you need.

Here's my amazing new wheelchair tripod. The business part of it is a Manfrotto 'magic arm'. It fixes to the wheelchair with a Manfrotto super clamp. The arm articulates and will lock in any position by turning a wheel. I have fitted on the top a Velbon micro fluid head to hold the camera. Its really easy to use, even for me. The fluid head is designed for video, but its good for me because I can move it wherever I like without turning any nuts, and it stays there. My camera has a remote control which I have on the handrest, so I don't have to lift my arm. At 150 it wasn't cheap, but what price the ability to pursue a hobby for a bit longer? It would also hold binoculars or a computer If you wanted. Recommended.

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/_rgEuC9aNm4o/TVbgNpf2d3I/AAAAAAAAA7k/WTWNcZpio8s/s800/magic-arm.jpg

Robyn Copley-Hirst
15th February 2011, 14:08
Hi Patrick,

Its really easy to use, even for you?! I think you're actually a bit of a genius at finding solutions and being a bit of a general tech-whizz!

Thanks for sharing that tip! Brilliant bit of kit.

Robyn

computatec
15th February 2011, 22:36
Hi Patrick

Once again you have invented a perfect solution to a difficult problem. I really admire your "Can do" spirit, determined to manage the disease and not let it manage you. You are an inspiration to the rest of us.

Clive

MND Connect helpline