PDA

View Full Version : Bio Bidet

Crocus
20th November 2012, 20:55
My husband has recently been diagnosed with MND. He has trouble using the toilet. Has anyone used or know anything about the Bio Bidet, do they work? I received a leaflet about them from the OT.

magic
20th November 2012, 21:56
Sorry not heard of bio bidet . Have heard very positive things about close mat toilets adam considering installing one when we have our adaptations done.

Mafic

MikeFD
20th November 2012, 22:59
Hi Crocus,

Take a look here (http://forum.mndassociation.org/showthread.php?760-To-bio-or-not-to-bio-bidet&p=5144&viewfull=1#post5144) and here (http://forum.mndassociation.org/showthread.php?1362-Closomat-versus-Geberit&p=10098&viewfull=1#post10098). These are a couple of threads to get you started. If you type 'Bio bidet' into the search box at the top of this page, there are quite a few more threads displayed where that product, along with similar brands, has been mentioned.

You'll need to take the time to go through them in detail, but hopefully there will be some info to help you.

Best wishes,

Mike.

PS. Welcome to the Forum! Just realised this was your first post :)

Crocus
21st November 2012, 14:22
Sorry not heard of bio bidet . Have heard very positive things about close mat toilets adam considering installing one when we have our adaptations done.

Mafic

They are like the close mat toilets, but just a seat added to a normal toilet and cost a fraction of the cost of a close mat one.

Crocus

Michaeldw
24th December 2012, 16:43
I am being supplied with a bio-bidet in the new year, so when it is installed and I have used it, I will report back.

Michael

roy
24th December 2012, 22:41
Hi Michael,
I too will need a new loo,it's a funny old world sold my 150 mph motorbike and now dreaming about a bum washer.
Used to read the full reviews of motorcycles every detail,then went to a dealer and they were great - you can have a test
Ride of a few models.Now your feedback back would be most welcome but just wondered since I live quite close if I could have a test whoopsie,
In yours before I am in position to buy one.One last thing, not wishing to divulge to much information you don't know who's going to be reading this so I will whisper it .my best time is 6.30 in the morning.

Happy Christmas Michael and to your family

Roy.

Rory
2nd January 2013, 00:19
Roy
Your thread reads as if you used to go for a whoopsie on your bike before you now need your new loo!
After your curry meal - I doubt whether anyone will let you near their loo ! My best time is 6.30 as well - the trouble is I don't get up until 7.30 !
Happy testing !
Rory

roy
2nd January 2013, 00:59
Hi Rory,

Thanks for your feedback and is always welcome,after much research online have found a useful tip regarding ( whoopsies in the bed)
your challenge in the morning apparently simple but effective.1 lubricate the nether regions and deposit a champagne cork carefully in place before going to bed.In the morning remove at a convenient time to you and the local community.

Be real careful testing.

Roy.

Rory
2nd January 2013, 09:35
Roy
At the moment I can't find a Volounteer to pull the cork out at 7.30 ! A solution is to wait until 7.45 and it will automatically fire. Oooops there goes another mirror !

mrs m
2nd January 2013, 20:05
hi Crocus,
Mr M swears by his bio bidet!! (and it does do a nice wash and blow dry and the seat warms up to keep the deriere all toasty :D). We did consider the closomat but, as you said, they are a fraction of the price. In the region of 500-550, if i remember rightly? We applied for some funding from the local branch of the mnd and they decided to pay for it all, which was fantastic as money was very tight - might be worth asking your local branch for some funding?
Roy: I would offer you a try out on Mr M's biobidet but (thankfully) you and your curry meal live too far away :eek:
mrs m

roy
2nd January 2013, 21:14
Hello Mrs M

happy to take a night plane there for 6.30 sharp ask mr m to get the seat warm first,thankyou so much for the offer.

best wishes.

Roy.

Rory
3rd January 2013, 22:31
Beware Mrs M
Roy doesn't need a plane - he is self propelled! He ate a Vindaloo, Madras, Phall, Biriani, Bhaji, Murchi, Dupiaza, - he is now in a Korma!
Roy - are you sure you don't live in Staines ?
Rory

Terry
7th January 2013, 18:12
Hi Crocus;
I have had a Bio Bidet 1000 for about two years. It gives me total independence in going to the poo and it gets my bum squeaky clean, (perhaps not quite the right word). If you put Bio Bidet in search box at the top of the page you will find a number of threads on the subject.
Regards Terry

Crocus
9th January 2013, 10:15
Hi all

We had the Bio bidet fitted between Christmas and New Year. My son-in-law came up from London to fit it, the people we bought it from were going to charge 680 for fitting, it only took Phil 3 hours to install it and that was with replacing the toilet as it didn't fit to the one we had, ours was a square shaped toilet. Bill hasn't got the hang of it yet, but getting better. I have used it and it is great, especially the warm seat. Problem with Bill is that he has no use in one hand and very little, and deteriorating daily use of the other hand.

I enjoy looking at the forum pages. Good to see we are not alone with this although it does feel as if we are. The MND staff at the hospital in Newcastle are very good. We went to the association last Friday for the first time and met a nice lot of folk, we had put off going as we were wary of what to expect.

Jean

mrs m
10th January 2013, 21:30
Beware Mrs M
Roy doesn't need a plane - he is self propelled! He ate a Vindaloo, Madras, Phall, Biriani, Bhaji, Murchi, Dupiaza, - he is now in a Korma!
Roy - are you sure you don't live in Staines ?
Rory

hahaha, thats made my day!! - easily pleased of course :D

Rory
11th January 2013, 16:32
Hi Crocus / Jean

Good to hear the latest gadget works for Bill (and for you by the sound of it ! ) and pleased to note that you have very good care.
I am pleased that Mrs M had a good laugh - what I lack in medical advice , I make for in stupidity !
Go steady amd go regularly !
Rory

Michaeldw
15th February 2013, 00:41
Hi Roy,

Here we are 15 Feb. bio bidet delivered last month, sadly not fitted yet.

I will let known my experiences as and when it's installed. Think we will have to phone my OT.

Regards

Michael

roy
15th February 2013, 10:06
Hi Michael,
Good to hear from you,yes I'm waiting for my OT today we are looking at shower seats, I would like to think I look
Like Tarzan in the shower swinging from hand rail to hand rail. I mentioned this to my better half,she told me
I look like cha cha the monkey.My loo will hopefully be in May, can't wait I'm busting.

You and yours take care.

Roy.

Rory
15th February 2013, 11:07
Hi Roy
You should have posted the above comment under ' how to put on weight '! - By not going to the loo.
Can the bio bidet cope with Tarzan flying through the air ?
Don't let the neighbours get wind of it !

Rory

Michaeldw
16th February 2013, 22:57
Hi Roy,

O.T. phoned yesterday and is chasing up the fitting.

By the way we used (11 years ago and pre ALS) to pass through Nettlebed driving, to our daughter in Reading, from Northumberland, Latterly we moved to Reading after many years living in Spain sure miss the sun.

Michael

spyderpad
18th February 2013, 19:22
We were very lucky to have a bio-bidet fitted some months ago, we have a fantastic O.T. I think its the best thing since sliced bread. I couldn't wait to use it and sold tickets to all my friends, but finally had to let Jim have a go. Jim is struggling to get off the toilet now so we may loose it . I told our O.T that I would chain myself to it if they tried to take it away. It would merit a mention in the next "Shades of Gray " :D

Rory
19th February 2013, 22:48
Hi Spyderpad
I don't know what gadget is next on the wife's shopping list but it sounds like this magic bidet will move into the priority bracket !
It sounds like an old Hoover advert - it beats ,as it sweeps as it cleans ! Orgasmic !
Chain yourself to it and lock the doors !

If they do two for one, I know the missus will be interested

Rearguards

Rory

Alienista606
20th February 2013, 07:56
i have granted Geberit aquaclean since December and still waiting for my delivery and fitting.
hem someone say im on priority fast track line order.....took 3 month now so how normal look like??

Chrissy
20th February 2013, 09:16
Hi Max

We are the same, waiting for Gerberit as well as wet room, as you say priority, hah, we have been waiting since beginning November, just had the first builder in to quote so how long now? it's like how long is a piece of string?
Good luck with your wait, I'm sure it wil be worth it.

Chrissy

roy
20th February 2013, 09:49
Hi Max and Chrissy ,
Been waiting since May last year, I'm absolutely busting, but I can see light at the end of the tunnel work starts in April
Praise The Lord, Hal a Loo Ya. Haven't been this excited since bungee jumping.

Roy.

Michaeldw
23rd March 2013, 11:50
Hi Roy, et al,

Had the bio-bidet fitted last week, took a little adjusting but is great. We have the BB 100 with remote control so I can control with my left hand as my right is pretty 'kin useless. As I used to live in Spain and our bathroom had a bidet which I used all the time, I missed the bidet.

Michael

roy
23rd March 2013, 20:18
Hi Michael ,
Well my building works start next week so long as we don't get more white stuff,pleased you got yours sorted,
another thing to tick off the list.

You take care.

Roy.

roy
23rd March 2013, 20:21
Hi Max,
3 months not bad as things go, mine 11 months but I think I'm just going through the motions so to speak.

Roy.

Rory
24th March 2013, 00:47
Roy
I bet you have blown a hole in the budget mate !

Rory

Michaeldw
27th March 2013, 00:26
Hi Roy,

Hope your building work does start, weather looks to inprove over next two weeks but there could be rain but no snow.

The bio-bidet favours the ladies, I think, a wash for foo-foos but not for ding-dongs. :rolleyes: Good for the other thing though.

Good luck

Michael

bakeit Forum