PDA

View Full Version : Hand splints

magic
17th December 2012, 06:19
Peter has very reduced hand function and, after a 6 month wait, was given resting splints. I saw 'active' splints at a mobility exhibition and wondered if they could be useful for him. Again we are waiting for an appointment but the physio, who is very skilled and helpful, suggests they may not be appropriate. has anyone any experience of these? I work with children who have disabilities and several of them have 'second skins', Lycra suits that support their lack of muscle tone. The Lycra had different strengths at different parts of the body. Thought the dame principle would happen for Peter's hands. Going to get some wrist splints this week that may help.

Seem to be always asking for more but am very grateful every time I pick up Peter' monthly prescription from the chemist and am in awe of the fact that we now have a mobility car.

Magic

magic
17th December 2012, 06:20
Sorry, should read, 'the same principle', not 'the dame principle'!

roy
17th December 2012, 07:29
Hi Magic,

Hope the car makes life a little easier for you,always love your posts you make mistakes like me,I have found the edit button really handy you just go back to your post change it,then if you wish put reason underneath.you have a great day.

Best wishes Roy..

Terry
17th December 2012, 11:24
Hi Magic;
I read your post and did not realize the mistake, it has it's bounces being dyslectic. I think that some form of elastic support could help with some movements. Maybe the straightening of fingers and help move my legs apart. I am sure that it could have other uses as well. I am going to get some resting hand splints soon and I hope Peter's ones make a difference.
Love Terry

miranda
17th December 2012, 15:36
Terry - I can't cope with your new avatar - this does not fit the person I have in my mind as Terry!

Terry
17th December 2012, 15:55
Miranda; Your number one, if I get four bad comments then I will take it off. I put it on my profile as a joke some time ago because people were saying about their hair and nails growing faster but it does have some similar features. I also howl like one due to my Mnd emotional problems. Roy made me put it on as my avatar. Sorry Roy, thumb screws are on.
Love Terry

magic
17th December 2012, 19:12
Have to own up to disliking the avatar as well. Must have missed the posts about hair and nails growing quicker. I mentioned it at MND clinic last July bit physics had not heard of it. Terry you howl and I consider that I wail.

Magic

magic
17th December 2012, 19:13
Roy, thanks for editing hint.

Magic

Terry
17th December 2012, 19:47
I've changed it for something more welcoming. I find myself welcoming newcomers, and they will find it a bit cold. There was a thread that mentioned about hair and nail growing.
Hand splints,should have some on the ninth of January.
Love Terry

magic
18th December 2012, 04:00
Peter said that the resting splints leave his hands feeling relaxed. I understand that the purpose is to delay further deterioration to his hands.

Magic

miranda
18th December 2012, 15:05
Miranda; Your number one, if I get four bad comments then I will take it off. I put it on my profile as a joke some time ago because people were saying about their hair and nails growing faster but it does have some similar features. I also howl like one due to my Mnd emotional problems. Roy made me put it on as my avatar. Sorry Roy, thumb screws are on.
Love Terry

Much prefer this hairy fella - might have guessed the previous one was all Roy's fault.

bakeit Forum