PDA

View Full Version : Sinking Head

BuzzerB
18th December 2012, 13:23
Has anyone else suffered from a sinking head? My neck muscles are still reasonably good no lack of control or head falling forward. It has just sunk down and with this I get a slight dull pain which runs up into the base of my skull, it's not a headache as such it just makes me feel woozy/dizzy. It seems to have got worse since I came back from the UK last week where the cold really got to me and I also had a dose of the Norovirus.

Regards

Keith.

Alienista606
18th December 2012, 14:57
Hi Keith

Have some problem. Thing this is common due to muscle waist on shoulder area.
I found helpful....just resting my neck muscle when sitting on sofa.

Arthur
18th December 2012, 16:50
I had a number of neck (and back) problems but a new wheelchair (with a headrest) sorted both out. For some reason I left the headrest off and went away for the weekend. Although I did not think I used the headrest much I had a sore neck all weekend. Going over a bump, I without thinking push my head back into the headrest so it does not wobble about.
I had thought my neck muscles were fine but now realise the truth!

pete
18th December 2012, 17:25
Evening Keith,

I have a similar problem and the Doc said it was something to do with the neck joints , he did say the word ,but not sure if its right ankylosing spondolysis, spelling, but its much the same with me have no issues with lack of muscle strength just as you say its unpleasant , and for sure the cold don't help but i find its damp cold that makes me worse ,and to top it off you got Norovirus what joy ? ,I should stay in Spain mate much safer ?

Regards
pete

BuzzerB
18th December 2012, 21:53
Hi Pete

I think I'll have to see the Doc, had a look on Google and your spelling was very close. It said the pain was located in lower back and pelvis so wrong end!!
I don't know how you guys cope with the cold, we are back in the 18 and 19 deg range and it makes me feel so much better. As I have said before I am a great believer in PMA and it really is easy to get here!

Regards

Keith.

pete
18th December 2012, 22:15
Hi Keith,

Yes I know it says that it is mainly found in the lower spine , but it can affect your cervical section and that's where mine is just below the base of the skull ,worth a mention ,mine came on quite quickly , sincerely hope it isn't found to be this ,its yet another problem you don't want ,mind you it does respond to pain killers. and yes your so right getting a good PMA is really much easier when the suns shining and its Warm and blue skies ,

Regards
pete:cool:

bakeit Forum