PDA

View Full Version : Just in case ????

pete
21st December 2012, 10:09
Morning all,
Just wanted say to you all that it has been good to know you all and wish you well, considering the end is nigh and just wanted to let you know this is nothing to do with the Cammy Clegg regime , mind you they did nothing as usual to avert it ,so it it happens at eleven o clock ,think. Positive .

Regards
Pete:cool:

john
21st December 2012, 11:18
Hi Pete,

Wensleydale seems to have been spared!!

john

caz
21st December 2012, 11:26
hi pete,Im still here!!! got worried when i first started reading your post!lol.well busy wrapping presents and hubby has been winding up the carers as usual.its nice to hear laughter in the house isnt it.our carers come in 4 times a day and never a dull moment.rob calls them his angels but they are wicked honestly.having a stressy time trying to sort out options on pensions have to get power of attorney or something because he cant write i.s top up cocked up by jobcentre so got loads to sort out but stuff it im gong to put it all away ang get on phones again in the new year.treated myself to a tassimo machine this week so going to have a coffee and a HUGE slice of cake cos what does it matter if it is the end of the world today.!all the best to you and your family. x caroline

miranda
21st December 2012, 11:50
Pete - don't do that again! Like Caz I went into a panic when I first started to read your post. Then remembered today is the day. Hope not - son and his wife arriving tomorrow to try out my new stair lift!!

pete
21st December 2012, 11:53
Hi John,

Well really good to still be here! And glad to know we survived , despite all the rubbish that gets on TV News ,still wonder why us lot never get a mention, still never mind who knows what 2013 will bring ,and seeing that are all ready to some extent for Christmas I would have really been a tad put out not getting to open the presents, I do hope you manage to have a good one John ,not been easy for so many this year , so if we don't talk before I wish you all the very best and a good new year .

Cheers
Pete

Robert
21st December 2012, 12:03
Hi Pete, I too, thought I was reading your epitaph, I thought bugger he's beat me to it,now I've got to buy the flowers, anyway glad your still around.

pete
21st December 2012, 12:04
Hi Caz,

Well I would have missed you all if it had been check out time, I am so pleased you are hearing laughter , it makes all the difference, and getting help at anytime is more than welcome , Just put your feet up tonight have another piece of cake a Huge one on me and enjoy the Coffee, we are getting one of those as the other half loves her cuppa, and it still tastes OK via the Straw , Have a Good one Caz give my best wishes to your hubby and your family hope it all goes well for you all.

Pete
XX

pete
21st December 2012, 12:12
Pete - don't do that again! Like Caz I went into a panic when I first started to read your post. Then remembered today is the day. Hope not - son and his wife arriving tomorrow to try out my new stair lift!!

hi Miranda,

Good to hear from you, Will need a full road test report on the stairlift , Afraid that's on our to do list next year, I wish you all the very Best for Christmas and New Year Hope you get all you want for Christmas ,though I think we all have one wish in common ?

Pete
XX

pete
21st December 2012, 12:14
Hi Pete, I too, thought I was reading your epitaph, I thought bugger he's beat me to it,now I've got to buy the flowers, anyway glad your still around.

Bob

No fear matey, we are going to beat this if it kills me ?

Pete

john
21st December 2012, 12:15
Hi Pete,

All the best to you and yours. Must admit like, Caroline and Miranda, read it as a personal statement from you to the waiting world but then recollected today was the end for the Mayan world. Some guy on TV earlier summed it up in saying that just because the Mayan calendar ended today didn't mean zilch. He has a calendar on his wall finishes 31.12.2012 and he proposes to replace it with a new one starting 1.01.2013 in much the same way as he did last year.

Going into Christmas with lots of mixed feelings. Planning to do as we did last Christmas but I am not sure how I will cope. Will be with close friends and family all of the time rather than public places so as long as I stay focussed and don't let the mind stray too far into dark places I guess I will survive. Have been keeping off the booze most of the year , or certainly in moderation. May let some of my few remaining hairs down over the festive few days as don't have to drive anywhere.

Let's hope 2013 brings the scientific breakthrough which is long overdue.

john

berdbrain
21st December 2012, 22:09
well I must add my dismay when I started reading your post...oh no not Pete I thought, but it was only your warped sense of humour!!!! thank God, enjoy Christmas and keep fighting
John, you say such lovely things on this forum, I hope you will feel your wife's spirit with you all the time and especially at Christmas, and enjoy yourself as best you can she would have wanted you to, and you can go home and fill her in on the day's activities when you're on your own.
Best wishes for Christmas everybody XXXXX

luce
22nd December 2012, 08:47
Pete
you did give me a fright too... glad you are still in the land of the living
luce

pete
22nd December 2012, 10:14
Hi Debbie,

Have to say it was never in my mind when I posted ,that you guys would think it was about me, never would I do that . It was meant to be a joke ,that fell flat when I read Lollys post about Joybells , As hard as it is living with MND , We all try to carry on. And it's not till we hear about the death of another person from this bloody disease makes you wish you hadn't posted anything so frivolous , but I am certain wherever Joybells is she would be having a laugh with us ? Such was her nature .

Regards
Pete X

PS as alwAys my love to you and sis and your family wishing you all the very best for Christmas and The new year

pete
22nd December 2012, 10:18
Hi Luce,

Sorry it wasn't meant to be taken like that, if only we could predict it so accurately , now wouldn't that be something ? You have a Good Christmas and New Year ,and thank you so much for your comments

Pete X

john
22nd December 2012, 10:22
Hi Debbie,
Thanks for that . I will do my best to enjoy Christmas, Irene certainly did. I don't want to put a damper on anyone else's celebrations.

I find it hard functioning on my own after 33 years with a very able partner. 2 brains are certainly better than 1 , especially when the remaining one is mine.

Hope you have a good time and Santa manages to put together everything on your list.

Love,

john

berdbrain
22nd December 2012, 11:53
Don't feel too bad Pete, I am sure like the others I had a good laugh when I realised you were not gone! but the inevitability of the disappearance of forum users makes me cry just to type it.
John I have been married for 35 years (and never a cross word!) and I can't imagine what life would be like without my husband, so I do feel for you. There is also the little nag at the very back of my mind that the MND is familial....but one of us could get run over tomorrow, so why worry?
Anyhoo I think humour in the face of adversity is very helpful Pete, so continue with the funny posts
love
Debbie X

Rory
23rd December 2012, 02:02
Morning all,
Just wanted say to you all that it has been good to know you all and wish you well, considering the end is nigh and just wanted to let you know this is nothing to do with the Cammy Clegg regime , mind you they did nothing as usual to avert it ,so it it happens at eleven o clock ,think. Positive .

Regards
Pete:cool:

Nice one Pete - had me fooled for a mo !
Like Miranda , just ordered a new stairlift which will come after Xmas ! I asked the missus if it is really necessary as we live in a bungalow - but she had seen the 20% off sign - so no stopping her !

Merry Xmas
Rory

pete
23rd December 2012, 10:42
Hi Rory,

We have much to be thankfully for, having wives so eager to look after us, Mine spent a long time listening to the stairlift guy, that was a real shock ! But when she asked how much damage having the lift fitted would do to the carpet and wall, he replied , Well me Duck, a lot less than having him falling down clutching at the paper and bumping into the walls as he falls down ???, have to admit I found it funny ,not the first time he had been asked that question. Even the wife smiled ,that was the second shock, you have a great Christmas Best wishes to Your family and I never thought I would ever say this to a banker , And a great new year ,keep smiling Rory .

Regards
Pete

Rory
23rd December 2012, 12:47
Cheers Pete

The one favourite joke I enjoyed about banking was -

What is the difference between a banker and a supermarket trolley ?

Answer - A banker holds more !

Best wishes to you and your family Pete

Rory

bakeit Forum