PDA

View Full Version : RIP Joybells

Lolly
21st December 2012, 18:36
Mum died in mine and my fathers arms this morning. She went into respiratory failure. We stroked her hair and told her how much we loved her. She was as comfortable as this disease allowed her to be. I know she posted sometimes on this forum so thought I would let you all know. Goodnight my beautiful mummy

Irene
21st December 2012, 18:46
Oh I am so sorry to hear your sad news,your mum is safe in the arms of jesus now and free from this terrible disease.Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family x

petal
21st December 2012, 19:13
So sorry thinking of you and your family at this sad time x

pete
21st December 2012, 19:19
Hi Lolly,

I am so sorry to hear about your Mom, Never a good time to loose anyone that means so much, Our thoughts and prayers sent to you

Regards
Pete. Joybells Rest in peace

Smudge
21st December 2012, 19:39
I'm so very sorry to hear of your mum's passing Lolly.

May she rest in peace.

Wendy x

john
21st December 2012, 19:42
Hi Lolly,

Thanks for letting us know. You have my deepest sympathy ,I am so sorry for yours and your dad's loss.
From Mum's point of view her suffering has now come to an end and as Pete says may she rest in peace.

john

MikeFD
21st December 2012, 19:43
So sorry to hear your sad news. Your Mum is now at peace.

Mike.

roy
21st December 2012, 19:53
Hi Lolly,

I am so sorry to hear the news of your mum, your mum and I shared a laugh or two,just to offer my heartfelt thoughts to you,your family,
RIP Joybells.

Love Roy

john
21st December 2012, 20:28
Hi Lolly,

Here are links to a couple of your Mum's memorable threads.

http://forum.mndassociation.org/showthread.php?2042-Holidays&p=14249#post14249

http://forum.mndassociation.org/showthread.php?2085-Poem&p=14557#post14557

She certainly was a wonderful lady who was getting on with life.

john

Rachelg
21st December 2012, 20:46
I am so sorry for you loss. I will be thinking of you xx

RIP Joybells.

Love Rachel xx

miranda
21st December 2012, 20:54
So sorry to hear your news - thank you for thinking to let us know.

BuzzerB
21st December 2012, 21:31
Hi Lolly

So so sorry to here your news. Take heart from what others say and be sure that she is now free from this dreadful disease. She was obviously a fighter to the end and was certainly an encouraging voice to others on this forum. RIP Joybells

Keith.

Alienista606
21st December 2012, 22:04
this is sad news..... im so sorry...

berdbrain
21st December 2012, 22:04
So sorry to hear your sad sad news, thank God she was in your arms, and you Dad's, what a lovely way to go. I loved reading her posts, she was a funny lady with great determination, thanks for sharing your news with us, I will say a prayer for you all tonight.
God Bless
Debbie XXX

caz
21st December 2012, 22:33
so very sorry to hear your sad news.our thoughts are with you and your dad.much love .caroline xx

soniamm
21st December 2012, 22:43
So sad to hear of your mums passing, god bless.

Sonia

June
21st December 2012, 23:20
Dear Lolly,

I'm so sorry about your loss. I hope that you and your Dad lean on each other finding some solace in knowing that your Mum is at peace.

Jan xx

luce
22nd December 2012, 08:46
Hi Lolly
so sorry to hear of your loss, good that you are with her. when my mum died in June we just had to sit beside her as she couldn't bear anyone talking or stroking her head- she just wanted the patio doors and windows open and us sitting beside her
lots of love
luce

Chrissy
22nd December 2012, 08:55
Hi Lolly

Just to add my sympathy for you and Dad as others have done. Your Mum seemed like a lovely lady, we will miss her posts.

Much Love
Chrissy

michelle
22nd December 2012, 10:07
Hi lolly

My sincere condolences at this sad time, but take comfort in knowing her suffering is over.

Love and best wishes

Michelle

Robert
22nd December 2012, 14:01
God bless you Joybells and may our heartfelt sympathy be with you lolly and all your family at this sad Bob & Pat

Jangobie
22nd December 2012, 17:35
So very sorry to hear the sad news of Joybells, my sincerest wishes to you and your Dad. At least you were with her and I am sure she knew you were there. I know that you will be as strong as she was.. Diane

Northern star
23rd December 2012, 09:15
Sorry to hear your news , she seemed an inspirational person , you must be very proud of her .... Take care ...

mellonius
23rd December 2012, 11:24
Just so sad = thinking of you joybells RIP Mel

Graham
24th December 2012, 02:31
A loss to all of us. Be proud Lolly.

Love Graham xx

Gloria
25th December 2012, 07:45
So so sorry for your sad loss, love to you and your family xxxx

Lolly
25th December 2012, 17:38
Thankyou everyone for your kind thoughts. I'm trying to write mum's eulogyand just want to teel you a liitle bit about her:

My mom was a kind-hearted, compassionate and caring woman. She loved her friends and family more than anything in this world. Mum had some troubles as a child, with her health, including tuberculosis and polio, but she never complained and this shows her patience and tolerance. She finished grammer school and took a job in the Steel Works. She met Clive, my daddy, while walking with her friend, Mary on Aberavon beach and the two of them fell in love. They married when my dad was in the last year of University and later had two daughters, me (Lisa) and Lynne. She loved being at home with all of us and her commitment to us and the loyalty with which she protected us was strong.
She then worked at Zimmer Orthopaedic until she decided to leave and open a private business in partnership with with my dad, a van hire business. She always thought of this as one of the best decisions she ever made. Gardening was another passion of hers and she designed many gardens in each of the houses we all lived in together. We were so spoiled growing up because she made meals with the fresh vegetables from her garden and loved baking. We were kept well fed by eggs mum's chickens produced, making breakfast times memorable. Mum and dad lived in a large farmhouse they renovated themselves together and she worked tirelessly, alongside Dad. Mum loved animals and always had cats and dogs in the house. There were usually 3 or 4 pets at our house at any one time.
In keeping with her caring and selfless nature, mum also was active in the raising of her Granddaughter and Grandson and participated in voluntary work for a Bereavement Counseling Service.
Mum was an outgoing person and as a result had numerous friends, more so when she retired and spent much of her time in Spain, where she loved entertaining and relaxing. She was always willing to help friends with any tasks they needed or when they needed a listening ear and a balanced viewpoint on things.

My mum helped me with my homework every night and taught me how to play the piano. She loved Opera and classical music and encouraged me to keep up my studies. Without her, I would never have managed to eventually obtain a Phd and work as a Child Psychologist, and become a lecturer here in Cambridge. I went to a working class school in the Welsh Valleys and with her intelligence to aid me and the sheer time, dedication she put into helping me, my education excelled - she made learning so much fun with her wit and sense of humour.
I'm so sad she isn't here anymore, but I'm happy to know that she lived such a long and fulfilling life to the age of 70. While she is not here in the flesh, I know that she is here in spirit. She taught many people so much and inspired many people with her wise counsel. I know that her kind heart, humour and spirit had the same impact on many of you here. A few hours before she died, mum looked at me and she typed on her lightwriter "I'm so proud I made you".

Smudge
25th December 2012, 19:18
Beautiful words Lolly, you mum sounds like a wonderful lady and the words you have written sound like the perfect eulogy to me - heartfelt, warm and full of love

Wendy x

Rory
25th December 2012, 21:45
Great post Lolly - your mum was one of the first to welcome me onto this forum several a couple of months ago. You can feel proud the way she faced up to the challenge of the illness with warmth, humour , kindness and caring for others.Take care
Rory

We'reinittogether
25th December 2012, 22:43
Dear Lolly
I am so sorry for your loss. Your mum emailed me just a couple of weeks ago about the Carony wheelchair; it was a shock to see your post. I hope that you and your father can find some comfort in your wonderful memories of her. B

roy
25th December 2012, 22:59
Dear Lolly,

Thank you for sharing this caring and loving story, your mum did touch my heart and many more on the forum.
Can't help feeling both your mum and dad did a great job in making a very special lady no wonder they were and
Are full of pride.

Bless you.

Roy.

miranda
27th December 2012, 15:04
Lolly - I had a feeling I would not be able to read the piece you wrote about your Mum without crying and so have waited until now when I am alone. When reading her posts I always thought that I would get on well with her if ever we met and now, knowing a bit more about her it seems she was a good friend to many and a loving mother. Long may you treasure your happy memories.

bakeit Forum