PDA

View Full Version : Snow chains

Terry
21st January 2013, 16:16
Hi;
Does anyone have some snow chains for my wheelchair. I thought that it would be OK on ice having a motor on each wheel but it just goes around in circles. I was thinking of getting a spare set of wheels and putting some spikes in them but my wife was worried about our wooden floors and carpets.
Scooters are a bit more fun on snow and ice but be careful because you can turn them over.
Boys and toys, cheers Terry

roy
21st January 2013, 16:30
Hi Terry,
Get the snowmobile out,all that hassle feeding the reindeer and that big sleigh, it makes sense!

Arthur
21st January 2013, 16:37
I've never tried this but I was wondering if a few cable ties round the wheel (through the spokes and round the tyre) would give me a better grip on the ice. Have a look at this chair when I first came across it I thought it was a joke http://tankchair.net/store/tank-chair-store
Your wife would have even more to worry about

roy
21st January 2013, 17:02
Hi Arthur,

Very nice,also you could use this to go through Tescos discreetly to buy the groceries.

Roy.

john
21st January 2013, 17:07
This might be more up your street Roy. I'm not sure about Tesco though. Suspect the aisles may not be big enough!!

http://www.mobilityconquest.com/

john

Not sure about the snow chains on this one but I would think it would be possible!

roy
21st January 2013, 17:16
Hi John,

Yep right up my street, thankx.

Terry
21st January 2013, 17:26
I think that cable ties would do the job Arthur but I will ask the wheelchair service and the Mnda to fund a Tank chair first. They look great. Guess you get plenty of snow where you are.
And John, I expected something like that from Roy not you. I could try the top gear hopper gritting system or there flame thrower ice melting idea but not indoors.
Love Terry

Arthur
21st January 2013, 17:29
I have been told off for speeding in Tescos after crashing into a basket being used by one of their .com shoppers. With a tank chair they would be too busy running for their lives to bother telling me off

Rory
21st January 2013, 18:04
Hi guys
I have put skis on my wheelchair and the wife pulls me around from pub to pub. It helps keep her trim as well !
As for Tescos have you tried their horse burgers - Irene said do you want anything on them - I said put a 5 each way and by the way -they're off !

bakeit Forum