PDA

View Full Version : Do posts go missing in the Forum

Arthur
31st January 2013, 17:17
On three occasions I have noticed a post seems to dissappear from a thread. There was nothing contentious in them so we cannot blame the moderators. I have not made many posts so I don't know if this is a frequent occurance.
Anyone else noticed this?

Arthur

roy
31st January 2013, 18:12
Hi Arthur,
No threads don't disappear, but you must refrain from using colourful language,not use any full names,be disrespectful,
suffer in hospital requesting help and naming,live in post area where no help available, be critical of treatment or support
from MNDA I have been fortunate to meet/talk to some great people from the organisation.

Roy.

Terry
31st January 2013, 22:30
I even had one of mine go. It is a shame that I was not given a chance to edit and modify it myself. I did understand why it was taken off. It was because I was asking if anyone had a supplement that i could borrow whilst mine order was coming for America. I did not see a great deal of harm in that.
Regards Terry

roy
31st January 2013, 23:50
Hi Terry,
There would be concerns about drug abuse you may have noticed the situation with Lance Armstrong,
It has also been recorded you consistently race in your chair above national speed limits, therefore the
Deleted post would have been for your safety and your neighbourhood.

Best wishes

Roy.

pete
1st February 2013, 01:02
Hi Tell,,

Well if that was the reason, I do really think it's time the forum needs a re think, BIG TIME, I have never seen so much interference with posts, I can understand the question of names being withheld, but for gods sake I do think a bit of common sense might prevail at some point , a forum where you cannot openly discuss things with like minded folk without petty alterations being made it seems for the most part pointless , Just wondering why now, Robyn would post saying if something was not right,

Regards
Pete

Arthur
1st February 2013, 16:09
I doubt it is the moderators removing a post. I believe it is a problem in the Forum software. Yesterday I replied to a post, refreshed the screen so I was sure my reply was there but later on my reply was gone.

I'm from Northern Ireland, we are a peaceful affable bunch who would never do or say anything that might offend others - so I would never write anything contentious that would require moderation

roy
1st February 2013, 16:27
Hi Arthur,
Must be software problem then, you have a great day.

Roy.

Jangobie
18th May 2013, 14:09
It seems strange that the moderators are quick to take down some posts but not others!!!!!

Rory
19th May 2013, 00:23
Hi all

I can understand the moderator being active if there are outrageous behaviour and language on the forum posts.
I can also appreciate it if someone gets over critical about a hospital or doctor and specifically names people relentlessly and generally being disrespectful.

By the way Roy, has your doctor sorted out your bum !

Rory

pete
19th May 2013, 00:37
hi Rory,

Oh be fair, they can't treat MND, what chance is there of curing Roy's rear end !!!

Pete

Rory
19th May 2013, 02:32
hi Rory,

Oh be fair, they can't treat MND, what chance is there of curing Roy's rear end !!!

Pete

Pete

I hear Roy has had 4 speeding fines in his motorised bum assisted wheelchair, 2 warnings about excess ozone emissions, 3 tickets concerning noise pollution, 5 offences regarding damage to highways caused by skid marks and finally convicted of stink driving !

All on the way to get an Indian take away !

The blonde policewoman nearly ran out of ink

Roy said " it was a fair cop ""

Terry
16th April 2015, 13:55
Moved threads???

It appears that DaiTheDragon, thread on the 13th April 2015 at 09:14, Titled "Could be goodbye", was moved? To where?

He has made nearly three hundred informative posts on this forum and find it hard to believe that his post needed "Deleting".

Unless a post is highly inflammatory (Sex, racial, etc) I don't see a need to remove it, especially from a long term member.

Please modify them if you see a need, perhaps SXXT or FXXX, or even XXXX but leave the message up so we have some idea what he's talking about.

Quite a few people here are in a very dark place, even I who have Mnd and have considered ending it can't really know how they feel. Please let these people have their say even if it is modified.

It's a shame that this happens, Terry

Claire McArthur
16th April 2015, 16:13
Hi Terry, I took the decision to remove the post as it would be distressing for newer members on the forum. There was also clear implications for a member of the forum, where we needed to refer to external professional services.

It is not an easy decision for me to remove anything from the forum and 99% of threads started by our members remain on the forum.

Best wishes

Claire

Steve
16th April 2015, 17:03
Why? This isn't a gardening or needlework forum. MND can be grim, depressing and sad. When one of the family posts something so serious it shouldn't be moderated.

You can't sanitise the forum or pretend this disease is anything other than cruel.

There is a lot of sunshine and lighter moments on here but you shouldn't try and hide the reality.

Terry
16th April 2015, 18:43
Thanks Claire;

I understand a little.

Please try to modify posts if at all possible rather than delete them and I do appreciate it is not always possible.

Regards Terry

bakeit Forum