PDA

View Full Version : Help with speak it app for ipad

Jangobie
5th March 2013, 11:00
Thank you to everyone who suggested this app for Eddy to use on his IPAD. We have been able, we hope, to help other people who either have communication or breathing problems as our Speech and Language Therapist visited this morning and she had not heard about this app. She visits quite a few people with MND and they are either using a Lightwriter or more expensive downloads. She thought this was great and is definite going to show this to her MND people.

Thanks again.
Diane

miranda
5th March 2013, 11:26
It will never cease to amaze me that SaLTs are not up to speed with advances in communication aids. I was recently interviewed by a speech and language student and she had no idea about the software available for text to speech etc.

pete
5th March 2013, 12:08
hi Miranda, Diane,

Like most things when it has Disability tacked to the Item ,whatever it is automatically cost a small fortune, What we have now at last is real competition in speech systems, admitted the more able have a greater choice now, and just hope it gets the message to those who think the SL40 is cutting edge , because it's not anymore ,maybe we will now see this filter down to other rip offs , and I hope that all who need help will be at least told about the many options that are around , that don't cost a fortune .

Pete

Rory
11th March 2013, 08:24
Diane
Hope Eddy is doing well with the iPad - he can shout at England using the volume control !
Not too convincing on Saturday was it !
Hope all is well

Rory
X

john
11th March 2013, 08:47
Weren't England playing Sunday? Or is my TV running slow.

John

Jangobie
11th March 2013, 13:40
Hi Rory, he is getting on great with it, and it does give him time to rest his voice as his MND is respiratory onset so gets tired very easily when talking (it also gives my ears a rest).

Enjoyed all the rugby hope England play a lot better next weekend otherwise they will never bear the Welsh!! Hope you are having a good day.
Diane X

Rory
11th March 2013, 15:48
John
I am always ahead of the time ! Sunday it was indeed !
Now for the Welsh !
I am as confident of their winning as I am a cure for MND in the next 10 years !

Rory

john
11th March 2013, 16:46
Hi Rory,

who are the their you are confident in?
I am as confident of their winning as I am a cure for MND in the next 10 years !

john

Rory
11th March 2013, 17:05
Looking at England's performance ( albeit Italy done well) , I do not rate England's chances of winning - although I am a loyal supporter.
I just think the Welsh will be fired up with a home crowd behind them.
Of course I hope for an England victory and a cure for MND very soon !

Some game to look forward to !

Regards

Rory

roy
11th March 2013, 17:51
John and Rory,

I think Wales go in favourites and as champions, so come on the underdogs,come on England.

john
11th March 2013, 18:00
I'm with you guys - would love to see England win but after Sunday and Italy I wouldn't want to have my shirt on them.

We will see.

john

bakeit Forum