PDA

View Full Version : Motorbike Mania

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Laila
29th March 2013, 03:04
All

Realising there are a few of us that are into motorbikes I am starting a new thread. The motogp season is coming up and looks interesting. Will Rossi get back to his former glory or is he the past? Will Cal Crutchleow make GB team proud I hope he does. There are some interesting battles ahead this year. Lots of action. And there is WSB and BSB on TV.

My background on motorbikes is:

Rode an MZ 250 from age 16 toured the lake district on it. Then got a Honda CX500 that I commuted on in London rush hours. Followed the racing at Snetterton, Brands Hatch, Oulton Park and Isle of Man. Hiatus then got a triumph bonneville, 24000 miles done, CBT instructor in past. Hope this thread takes off here Roy, Pete, terry ?.?.. Others?.

Laila

john
29th March 2013, 09:17
Hi Carol,
Interesting thought. Your profile photo doesn't fit with the image you have just painted .
I will watch this space.

John

roy
29th March 2013, 10:14
Hi Carol,
The other events to look forward to being TT but my new racing fix is the North west 200. This is true road race frenzy
with some fantastic racers.As for Motor GP will be watching both Cal and Bradley, Bradley living a few miles from me.
This season promises to be an interesting one my money is still on Lorenzo has matured in the last two seasons used
to get the red mist unfortunately Cal still seems to have these moments and frustrated me last year.as for Rossi think
He has his hunger back so you would be silly to rule out the doctor.Im looking outside sunshine blue skies perfect for
for a long ride,still I am considering painting the Zimmer Kawasaki green and let the good days roll.

Roy

Treelover
29th March 2013, 10:23
I was born and brought up within half a mile of the TT course. Agostini was my hero. We still have a place in the Isle of Man so get back to see it most years. My dad was a Marshall and a biker in his youth. My sister still rides. I prefer a car though!

roy
29th March 2013, 10:30
Hi Treelover,

Well Ago is a true legend as well as world moto GP champion he also mastered road racing, only a few are brave enough or nuts enough to
do both.He still rides and races albeit displays don't think his feats will ever be matched.

Roy.

MikeFD
29th March 2013, 12:56
Hang on Roy, if we're talking about legends let's not forget the home-grown variety. Mike-the-Bike Hailwood gave Ago plenty of competition (or was it the other way round?) and retired with 76 Grand Prix victories, 112 Grand Prix podiums, 14 Isle of Man TT wins and 9 World Championships (4 at 500cc).

He won what many historians consider to be the most dramatic Isle of Man race of all time, the 1967 Senior TT against his great rival, Giacomo Agostini. He set a lap record of 108.77 mph, that stood for the next 8 years (thanks Wikipedia!).

Mike.

Laila
29th March 2013, 13:09
All,

Not sure when the next race is on the TV??? I can get Eurosport and Eurosport 2, but don't have a Sky Sports package. By the way I have seen Mike Hailwood ride the TT course I think it was a return from retirement some time around 1980?

MikeFD
29th March 2013, 13:56
Hi Laila,

That could have been 1978. After an 11 year break from bike racing, he made a brief comeback at the Isle of Man TT, which he won riding a Ducati 900SS. He also raced the following year and rode a Suzuki RG 500 to win the Senior TT, before retiring permanently.

Gotta stop this before the lads start calling me the Geek-inator!!

Mike.

Laila
29th March 2013, 14:17
HI Mike, that will be the year, 1978, he was riding a Ducati, white and green racing colours if my memory serves.

miranda
29th March 2013, 14:51
Ah memories! My first serious boyfriend was into motorbike scrambling (now called motocross). At weekends we used to load his bike into his ex Post Office van and head off to a race. When we got back, we had to hose the mud off the van ready for it to be used for delivering meat for his Dad who was a butcher! Can you imagine that happening now? Also went to the TT in 1968 and saw the great Agostini. Still watch MotoGP on TV. Now you know why me and my rollator parted company in the snow - yes Rory I was probably speeding.

Rory
29th March 2013, 16:47
Hi you Hells Angels !

I never rode a bike but in my days as an insurance broker in the late 70s early 80s I had a customer - Coburn and Hughes based London and Luton.
They set up the franchise to import the Ducatis, Moto Guzis and Harley Davidsons to compete with the Japanese bikes on the established market over here.
I remember going to their showrooms and the size of some of the Harleys - ginormous.
They then set up a spares warehouse in Milton Keynes to service all of their retail clients.

Then there was the dock / road hauliers strike in the UK and all these bikes were still being imported and started piling up at the dockside and had to be stored outside .Certain parts became rusty form the winter weather - a nasty insurance claim !

I bet Roy had no need to put fuel in his tank !

Miranda - post office van, meat, bike - first class my dear !

Cheers

Rory

Terry
29th March 2013, 22:38
It’s a job to know where to start Laila;
I too rod it to and around London and done a bit of dispatch riding there. Have been to the Island many times including seeing Hailwood in 1978. I manage to speak to him and Brands around that time as well. I used to marshal at many events including the old transatlantic series and some GP,s when Sheen, Roberts and Fredy Spencer was racing the oval piston four stroke Honda against the 500 two strokes.
I have ridden all my life, did not that I would survive to be thirty but loved the freedom. I was nearly just as happy on a C70 as a CBR600. I also rod around Iceland in about 1980.
I fancy Marc Marcas to win this year, Would love to see Crutchleow do it, and I think Lorenzo will beet Rossi.
Hope I’m wrong and Carl comes first followed by Rossi.
Dream on, Terry

Laila
30th March 2013, 00:26
Sounds great terry. I'd like to see Cal Crutchleow win as well - team GB!

Terry
30th March 2013, 22:08
There has been a fairly good series on ITV4 channel 024 called TT Legends. You might catch the review of the whole series if you look through.
Regards Terry

Laila
31st March 2013, 12:02
Terry, can see the TT legends programme on the ITV player iPad app, and can play on the iPad thanks. Laverty won the first WSB race of season at Philip Island.

Terry
31st March 2013, 12:48
I afraid that I missed it Laila;
Moto GP and BSB at Brands on the 7th and World S B from Aragon on the 14th of April. Don’t have sky or free sat so I will have to wait till they appear on the old time stations. Will have to get up to date with my TV as we are in a fairly poor aerial coverage area and my internet connection is not perfect.
I put together a spread sheet with the dates of Moto GP, BSB, WSB and F1 races. If anyone would like a copy send an PM with your email address and I can attach it.
Watching British Touring Cars now.
Love Terry

Laila
31st March 2013, 22:43
Hi Terry I remember watching the transatlantic trophy and saw Freddie spencer and Barry sheene race at silver stone. I lived in Sutton so not too far to travel. Carol (Laila)

Terry
31st March 2013, 22:57
Carol I was there too, Marshaling in the pits or around Copse Corner. We used to camp in the circuit for the three days, great fun. Was it run over Easter, can't remember this weather. It was good to see the different stiles of the Americans as many had not raced in the rain, but their dirt track racing quite often made up for that.
Very enjoyable series, love Terry

Laila
31st March 2013, 23:03
Terry can't remember if run over Easter. it seemed like at the time I was in the company of the heros. Watching those guys race in those days was something else. I felt great on my road bike even though I only travelled around 55 mph . Speed wasn't important. The fact that I was,on a bike and cruising was good

roy
31st March 2013, 23:54
Hi Terry Laila ,

I was there at Silverstone when the great Sheen and Roberts raced one of the most exciting races i had the pleasure of watching just wondered if you guys watched that one,I also enjoyed Eddie Lawson riding the Kwaker , in some respects Stoner on the notorious Ducati reminded me of Eddies achievement.
Had the opportunity to take on Silverstone,Cadwell,Castlcom, Oulton and my favourite Donnington. Favourite bike but by no means the fastest I owned but great in its time was a Kwaka Z900b, fastest a blade and my last a zrx1200. Biggest mileage big a Suzuki GS850g at 59,000 miles,
used it for commuting and touring the length and breadth of Europe over 2years.the last ride was this day last year on a warm sunny day did 150 miles knew it was my last and sold it on eBay a week later together with my Dainese leathers and Shoei helmets. For me loved touring,
but on track getting my knee down and keeping the throttle open as long as possible was a pleasure.

roy
1st April 2013, 10:44
Breaking news Lorenzo moved to Honda from Yamaha,didn't want to be in the same team as Rossi.
Can imagine the Doctor is well chuffed.

Laila
1st April 2013, 12:58
Yes Roy I could imagine that too. ;) Wonder who the replacement might be? Max Biaggi return might be lots of fun.

roy
2nd April 2013, 16:56
Hi guys,

Got sucked into an April fools joke hook line and sinker with Lorenzo,
Yep stitched up like a kipper.

Roy.

Laila
2nd April 2013, 18:33
Roy,

Kind of guessed but thought you had started it!!!

Terry
2nd April 2013, 18:45
I was hooked on the line too, it made sense. We are such an easy target.
Never mind, Terry

Terry
4th April 2013, 16:02
MotoGP on BBC2 19:30 hrs Sunday

Laila
4th April 2013, 21:07
Terry, first practice session in Qatar: Rossi, Lorenzo and Crutchleow in top 3, all Yamaha. Hondas way behind and ducatis slow. I bet Rossi is happy!

Terry
4th April 2013, 23:08
Oh Sugar; I bet my hat that a Honda would beet the Yam's. Great that they all infront, (I don't think).
Time will tell, love Terry

Friday Practice Marc Marquez fastest! Phew.

roy
7th April 2013, 10:20
Crutchlow looking good fingers crossed he can keep his composure, been a while since we've had a Brit on the podium,seen him win many times in BSB and WSB so he could pull off

roy
7th April 2013, 22:11
Well a comfortable win for Lorenzo but so good to see Rossi racing again,most make him feel good and I look forward to the next round in the states.

Terry
7th April 2013, 22:37
Great race, shame about Crutchlow. Looks like it will be the best year for racing for a long time. BSB on ITV 4 Tuesday 8 pm.

Laila
8th April 2013, 01:02
Good to see Rossi back with a smile, I love his accent! Crutchlow was doing so well (until Rossi got to him) , hope he gets a podium soon.

roy
8th April 2013, 10:48
Thanks Terry will set my timer.
Laila and Terry, think Crutchlow ( an unfortunate name) will have his day he's a great racer, he got done over at the start,Lorenzo looked
Very good unfortunately.think he will deploy the same successful tactic as last year bag up some early wins and then race carefully in the run up to the end of the season,take nothing away from him a very good racer in fact the best at the moment.

Laila
9th April 2013, 22:51
The BSB racing is close compared to motogp. Good race at Brands Hatch. I saw Shakey Byrne race at Knockhill several years ago and he is still at the top. I dont know the rest of the riders, so not so easy for me to follow as motogp. Not so good with the accidents and Shakey Byrne had a close shave as well. Im supporting Shakey to win.

Terry
10th April 2013, 21:57
Just watched it. Good racing and you will soon get used to the riders. Shakey is very good and he will take some beating. I am not beating any more, still smarting over losing a £1.00 on the G P.
Next televised BSB Wednesday 20:00 hrs

roy
10th April 2013, 22:21
Yes BSB was the one I used to travel the country to watch,Laila your right much more exciting funny both Shaky and Ellison never cut it
In motor GP but I think they are brilliant in BSB would have been even better with Tommy hill and Hopkins.theres some great racing in WSB
what I really need now is Eurosport on sky trouble is your locked in for everything with sky.

Terry
11th April 2013, 19:01
Good point Roy, I am a bit dyslicsic and I can't spell. I never liked Tommy Hill but he is a very good racer and it is a shame that he and Hopkins aren't there this year.
Love Tell

( Mr Angry)

Laila
11th April 2013, 19:57
There is a WSB race this Sunday at Aragon, but I don't know when it's on TV. I can get Eurosport on Sky, not sure which Sky package I'm on but it's not a sports one.

Terry
15th April 2013, 21:24
For those that can't afford, or are just to tight, like me, British SB on ITV4 Wednesday at 8 pm and Moto GP on BBC3 7:30 on Saturday and Moto 2 & 3 on 301.
And for nandy pandies, I really enjoyed the Formula One (not a real man.s sport) race on Sunday it's just a shame that Alonzo won.

BuzzerB
15th April 2013, 21:41
[QUOTE= it's just a shame that Alonzo won.[/QUOTE]

Hi Terry,

One question.............Why?

Keith.

pete
15th April 2013, 21:52
Why indeed

The best car and best driver on the day, that's all that matters isn't it !!

Terry
15th April 2013, 22:19
Sorry, don't like him, he showed his real colours when racing with Mclaran and Hamilton a few years ago.
That's why, love Terry

BuzzerB
15th April 2013, 22:20
To be honest Pete I think he is the most complete driver at the moment. Without the two "No Fault" DNFs last year he would have been world champion in a car only someone of his calibre could tame.

Keith.

BuzzerB
15th April 2013, 22:38
No need to apologise Terry, you are entitled to your opinions. I think however that you are being unfair, both Lewis and Fernando have matured in the years since 2007. McLaren are a very strict and structured team who threw their weight behind Ron Dennis's prodigy which understandably was not what a double world champion would expect. As I said to Pete you will not find a more complete driver at the moment.

Keith.

Terry
15th April 2013, 22:49
Keith;
You are right about Mclaren, They have a very strict protocol and some drivers did find it very hard. I would like button to win but I think he is a second rate driver (don't quote me or tell anyone else. If I was running a team, the drivers I would like would be Vettel, Raikkonen and Alonso. Not in that order, I still don't like him.
love Terry

BuzzerB
15th April 2013, 23:05
Good choice of drivers but as we all know now Vettel is not a team player. Not saying I agree with team orders but if you are given an instruction it should be obeyed. As they say "there is no I in Team"

Keith.

pete
15th April 2013, 23:08
Hiya Keith,,

Expect it's a nice night in Spain, it's getting a bit better here, but not quick enough, as for the red demons ,not many drivers can get to grips with them it's always been the same, but when they get it right and it's a passion for them, and you get a driver of fernando's ability ,that's going to be hard to beat , just think with all the teams this year seem to have chances to get podiums, for a change , for me that's what racings all about ,tend to give credit to the guy who wins the race,
Know what Terry means ,but I wonder how much is down to the media just loves us to have heroes and villains

Regards
Pete

BuzzerB
15th April 2013, 23:35
Yes Pete, weather great, low twenties daytime and mid teens at night. Hope it warms up for you soon.
I think we could be in for another season like last year with no easy run away winners. Makes for exciting television for the occasional viewer.
You are absolutely right, the media love to stoke the fires of controversy.

Cheers

Keith.

roy
15th April 2013, 23:39
Evening Gents,

Alonso is a great skill,great tactics and yes has the skill to tame a Ferrari ,just like stoner the only rider to a moto GP red duke,
Not even the great Rossi could crack that one.My money would be on Alonso but so many incidents could stop him.
Feel sorry or webber being stitched up like a Kipper by Vettal then rubbish luck on Sunday or was it driver error.
I enjoyed the race and is becoming far more exciting these days,hoping Hamilton continues his podium success
and would be good to see Mercedes do it again.Roll on Sunday with 2 races to watch.
Terry have you sussed a free-view channel for WSB by any chance.

Best Roy.

Laila
16th April 2013, 00:38
Hi Roy, WSB and BSB are on Eurosport, but I don't think that is freeview, don't know if on other channels. Looking forward to the motogp this Sunday.

Terry
16th April 2013, 18:18
No Roy;
I keep looking, last year they showed about a half hour of it early in the morning, but a week later. I think it was on channel 4 or 5.
Not seen anything this year yet.
Love Terry

john
16th April 2013, 20:49
Hi Roy,
Channel 4 have round 2 of world FIM Superbikes on at 6.40 am on Saturday 20 th April if that is the right race. From Aragon in North East Spain. Won't be available on 4 on demand so if you can't get up you will have to record .

John

Terry
16th April 2013, 20:59
Very well done John, you can join our club know.
Cheers Terry

roy
17th April 2013, 20:27
Hi John,

Legend

Many thanks

Roy.

Laila
19th April 2013, 22:04
Moto GP first free practice at Austin, texas just finished, three Hondas at front, Marquez, Pedrosa, Bradl, then Yamahas Lorenzo, Rossi. Ducatis way back. Marquez is looking fast.

Laila
20th April 2013, 22:58
MotoGP is on BBC 3 at 7.30 pm Sunday. Marquez is on pole, then Pedrosa, Lorenzo, Crutchlow. Marquez really throws the bike around. I still think Rossi might sneak onto the podium. Should be a good race.

Laila
22nd April 2013, 01:21
Great motogp race today with some razzmatazz ceremony courtesy of Texas and a good crowd. I don't know if the club have all seen it so I am wary of posting the results as don't want to spoil it for others, other,than to say that team Honda did very well. There was a bit on Colin Edwards, his home in USA, family and career. What a really nice guy ! :) Definitely my favourite racer, but unfortunately he had to retire from the race. Ben Spies another American was low in the results after injuries. So not such a good day for the home racers.

spyderpad
22nd April 2013, 01:54
Hi Laila , my husband rode Harley's for years, some of my favorite memories are of going to Florida hiring a Goldwing and riding to Daytona or CoCoa Beach. Biking is so different over there, short sleeves and shorts. Would have been serious road rash if he had laid it down, but unlike most peoople we did wear helmets. It was a sad day when he had to sell his bike. xx

Laila
22nd April 2013, 02:30
hi Carol,

Sorry to hear situation. Must have been good riding in America in good weather (unlike Scotland!), I have some very happy memories of riding. Carol x (Laila was my nickname in Egypt)

roy
22nd April 2013, 02:41
Some good racing today,looks like Marquise has made great start remember watching him a few years back being dominant in 125 and
motor 2. Great to see Cal doing well with forth.must be worth a mention for Hamilton being 3rd in the standings and again some great racing
In F1.Soon be TT Happy days.

Laila
22nd April 2013, 09:26
Hi Roy, Marquez did look very impressive, I thought Lorenzo might win again and that Marquez might overcook it but was wrong on that. Cal Crutchlow is definitely doing great for team GB! Carol

Terry
28th April 2013, 17:27
Thanks Carol for your note, " World Superbikes racing today at Assen. On Eurosport". Should be on C4 on Saturday early morning.

Laila
28th April 2013, 17:42
Hi Terry, MotoGP Jerez is also next Sunday, not sure when showing on BBC though.

Carol

Rory
2nd May 2013, 19:17
Motorbike Madness

Runners and riders for - *
The MNDA Bella Pasta handicap steaks

Big Rob Rossi *- recognisable by his straw crash helmut - he is bound to feature if he doesn't have to stop too many times to sell ice cream !*

Pete di Prada - comes with some baggage but he always has a good case to make. You Cannock rule him out.

Terri Tagliatelle - looks as if he has too much on his plate in this race. like a big Suffolk turkey - always good over two legs.

*GinoTonico - a bit wobbly on the straight but ice cool - a favourite amongst the MNDA forum lady ' groupies '

Roy di Messi - he goes like his back side is on fire - has he the stomach for this race - he certainly has a sting in his tail - or is stink in his trail ?

Mona *Laila - I can picture her smiling face being in the frame at the end.*

Gucci Gucci John - questions will be asked of him but he usually comes up with the right answers

Buzzardi Breezer - Ex champ, ex pat, and ex con living on the Costa del Crime. He stole his leathers but his bike Costa packet !

8*
Andre di Terminator - cross his path and may you disappear .

Oh ! *, the thrills , the spills, the noise of the exhausts, the smell of burning rubber***- and that is *just Roy walking out of the pit

Watch *it on MNDA sports channel !

Cheers
Rory *( non hairy biker)

Terry
2nd May 2013, 21:45
Hi Rory;
Your'l overdoing the medication mate. Keep it up. By the way, world super bike showing at 7 am Saturday for all of those that are too tight (like me), to pay for sky.

roy
3rd May 2013, 09:54
Same as that Terry thanks for the reminder will set the timer,
Rory you forgot to mention the skid marks or is it because your kind,considerate and a gentlemen.

Nah thought not.

Roy:-)

Laila
3rd May 2013, 10:21
Rory . Great account of the Bella Pasta steaks. More sports commentary needed!

Big Steve
3rd May 2013, 10:40
Hi Guys

I hope Riluzole has the same effect on me as it does on Rory!!!
I might just double the dose !

john
3rd May 2013, 10:40
Surfing the Internet I found this footage of Rory and Roy getting in some practice for the big event.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=QLmiOL3Fw60

Roy looks a little underdressed but it is probably down to the fine weather. Triumphed again.

John

Rory
3rd May 2013, 11:02
Hi Roy

I thought you might be over sensitive to my comments so I limited the remarks to the truth. !

Don't forget to clean your plugs !

Rory

john
3rd May 2013, 11:08
If you want a few more competitors Rory a fleet of these might be an idea.

http://www.mobilityconquest.com/

John

Rory
3rd May 2013, 11:10
John
Yes - it is Roy - you can tell by the state of the saddle ! I bet he has few requests to ride as a passenger behind him!

BuzzerB
3rd May 2013, 12:40
Morning Rory,

Glad to be on the grid. What time is qualifying?

Keith.

Big Steve
3rd May 2013, 14:52
Guys

For the more sedate amongst us have a look at this site and if anyone knows of any owners, give me a shout.

www.elecscoot.co.uk

Laila
4th May 2013, 00:12
Moto GP Practice today at the Jerez circuit: Lorenzo was fastest and Cal Crutchlow was number 3. Rossi also looking good. Looks like another good race coming up since Marquez is on his home ground.

roy
4th May 2013, 00:48
Hi Rory,

Yes passengers are treated to warm air conditioning on the back.

SMOKING.

Roy.

Rory
4th May 2013, 12:14
Hey Roy
Sounds like a Scottish poet - 3 Degree Burns !

Terry
4th May 2013, 12:33
Some qualifying from Jerez on 301 6 to 9 pm today, Moto 2 & 3 race 9:45 to 12:20 am tomorrow and GP after that on BBC2

roy
4th May 2013, 14:25
Thanks Terry,

Enjoyed WSB this morning group of 3 on the same points,good to see Tom Sykes do well on the Kwaker,thanks for the times for
Motor GP

Have a great day

Roy.

Laila
5th May 2013, 00:43
Lots of crashes at MotoGP qualifying, Marquez, Rossi and Cal Crutchlow (twice). Hope that Cal Crutchlow is OK for the race. They all looked OK.

Rory
5th May 2013, 11:49
Hi Laila

Lucky it is Moto GP - at least there is a doctor on hand ! (GP - did you get it ? - oh well , I tried)

I will leave you all aone now

Rory

Laila
5th May 2013, 15:06
Phew, bit of a clash between Marquez and Lorenzo on the last lap. Lucky that Lorenzo didn't crash. Marquez was reckless. Maybe some repercussions on that manoeuvre of Marquez.

Terry
5th May 2013, 22:43
Hi Laila;
As usual I must have been watching a different race. Marquez was a bit close a few times earlier in the race but I thought that he was in the lead at that point and Lorenzo hit him. He passed him with plenty of room to spare and stayed well within the track limits. I think what the mistro Rossi has done in the past to Lorenzo and Gibbino was much worse. As Rossi said, it's not knitting.
It does make it interesting having another main player in the mix.
BSB is on Wednesday the 8th C4 at I think 8 pm.

Laila
5th May 2013, 23:31
Hi Terry, I guess there are always two sides to things. Marquez was close behind Lorenzo and into Lorenzo corner, the corner that was named after him a few days ago, there's an irony, Marquez breaked very late and ran wide leaving Lorenzo nowhere to go, Lorenzo tried to turn in but with Marquez careering wide they clashed and Marquez held while Lorenzo went off into the outside curb. Lorenzo was not a happy man.

roy
6th May 2013, 10:01
Hi Terry and Laila,

Well seem to remember Lorenzo being a real risk taker early on in his career it's great to have incidences and not processions,
I would like Rossi to have the same mods to his Yam as Lorenzo and look forward to return as a wild card later in the season,
Also Bagio looking and thinking of returning to WSB.

Laila
6th May 2013, 12:12
Hi Roy, Marquez has definitely livened things up, and as Terry says "its not knitting" I do though have some déjà vu about the risk taking of Marquez as it reminds me of Simoncelli :(

roy
6th May 2013, 13:01
Hi Laila,

Yes I remember most if not all of the greats having many crashes as youngsters, I myself had prangs on and off track in my teens,
most racers are wired up differently they have respect and awareness but no fear I believe the machines even in the same team
Have very different power and handling capabilities.i would imagine Gerry Burgess is a bit miffed working on a number 2 bike,
The crowd,116,000 in Spain 50% with yellow Rossi caps.

roy
6th May 2013, 21:58
Hi Terry,Pete and all,

Just noticed itv 4 after BSB Oulton park is tribute to seventies moto GP called unridables just after.worth watching or recording
The late great Barry Sheen.

Laila
6th May 2013, 22:45
If have iPad then can get the free ITV app. Noticed that can get BSB superbike highlights from thruxton on ITV4 on the iPad at the moment. Carol

Laila
9th May 2013, 01:26
Hi Roy and all,

Just watched the unrideables on ITV4. Great documentary bringing back memories of Freddie Spencer, Wayne Gardner, Schwantz, Eddie Lawson and those 500cc two strokes . Ah Castrol (one for Miranda). And me kissing Wayne Gardner!!!!

Got you there.

Good stuff

roy
9th May 2013, 10:10
Hi Laila,

Just watched the recording brilliant,at the time my favourite steady Eddie my last bike a tribute to him a ZRX 1200 the
Replica of his zx1000 WSB winner.a golden era of moto GP much closer racing in those days on some truly dangerous
Bikes.

You have a great day.

Roy.

Laila
9th May 2013, 10:40
Hi Roy,

Yes it was a good era for racing. The ZRX 1200 sounds brilliant.

thanks for wishes. Was starting out good with breakfast in bed until OT came knocking at 9am. No idea was coming. Goodness knows who turns up when these days. Keeps the dog amused though.

Terry
10th May 2013, 20:29
Thanks Roy and Laila for letting me know about the Unrideales.
Just watched that on laptop using ITV free site. Great to see them all again and I wonder if they will cover other eras.
BSB was very good as well and it was good to see that Shaky is not perfect.
F1 on this weekend, and Keith I won’t be there to put my chewing gum in the rear spoiler of Alonso’s car this time.

Laila
13th May 2013, 01:00
Just watched the WSB race at Monza Italy. Enjoyed it, some close racing. I used to watch melandri in motogp and he got a podium in this race. Laverty won and the aprilias are topping the event. I think Laverty is cool, nice guy :). The big bikes are much more jittery than motogp and the mix of that with bumpy tracks, Armco barriers, and bales is a bit hairy. Mind you, I've seen worse, Oliver's mount in Scarborough in the 70s for one, now that was muchos crazy. Sorry if I've given the finish away if coming on itv later ?

Laila
13th May 2013, 01:20
Im debating on selling my bonneville or keeping it, if just to stare at it!!! After having done over 24000 accident free and fun miles on it, every part of it has a story to tell and memories. Not so the same with the car which can be sold without the same attachment. Funny how so much attached I get to a bike. My feeling is to keep it in my back garden, even if just to look at! until desperate for the money and who knows maybe I will find a hunky guy who can ride it and take me pillion!. Unless he's got a Yam FJR 1300! I'm not a keen pillion rider though, I prefer to be the one riding it!!!! Oh happy memories.

Terry
17th May 2013, 16:10
Hi Hells Angels;
Moto GP on this weekend check on 301 as well as BBC 1 & 2.
Last weeks WSB from Monza is on tomorrow morning on C4 at 7;25 to 7;55.
Alonzo was lucky again last week, I’ll have to back in the pits and put some chewing gum on his spoiler again to even things up a little.
Live long and prosper, Terry

Hi Laila;
Sorry about the bike, I sold all of mine about two years ago, including a Royal Enfield 250 that I have owed from when I was 18 and a 400/4 that I had new.
It was not as hard as I thought it would be. I would sell it and bank the money, You will feel a lot better getting the 2% interest.
Love Terry

Rory
17th May 2013, 17:34
Laila

Who would win if the two hairy bikers had a race?

They appear to be a dead heat - which is no good for cooking !

Rory

Laila
18th May 2013, 02:42
French motogp is on Sunday at 1pm ish on BBC. I'm not rooting for Marquez now since I think he is reckless. Rossi is looking ok ish but I don't think can cut it. Pedrosa just isn't manly enough , ahem. Which leaves Lorenzo really. But cal Crutchlow I hope for. And of course Colin Edwards, usually back row but I think he's cute :p carol

roy
18th May 2013, 11:24
I hope the rumours are right Stoner may come back as a wild card at some point in the season,Carol I think Lorenzo has the best Yam,
the skill and experience to dominate,barring being wiped out or mechanical he will dominate,like to see the local lad to me do well
Bradley Smith as for Cal just got control red mist and learn to conserve tyres in qualifiers he is right up there off the grid he falters and always tries to catch up knackers the tyres then takes chances.Love to see him win his first GP the first since the great Sheene.

pete
18th May 2013, 12:24
Roy,

Moto 3 is on catchup Tv in about five minutes from France !

Laila
18th May 2013, 16:32
Qualifying was on BBC one. Marquez then Lorenzo, Davisioso (Ducati !!), Crutchlow . Pedrosa crashed out. Cal Crutchlow was in pain after a free practice crash so to come fourth was amazing. Don't know what's happened to Colin Edwards.

Terry
18th May 2013, 21:41
Hi Laila;
Looks good for Lorenzo tomorrow, should be a good race and maybe Cal can do something but never count out Marquez.
World Super Bikes was good, with Sykes winning one of them and quite close racing.
Colin Qualified in 19th place, and I don't fancy him! he is yours.
Terry

Laila
19th May 2013, 01:01
Hi Terry, if cal had a better bike like lorenzos I think he would win. I think he's crashing because he's riding the limits of the inferior machine. he had a bad crash on practice and was limping on qualifying. He's really trying hard and pushing through the discomfort a lot of the time, so he's a bit of a hero. I think Colin Edwards is taking it easy these days, he used to be in the top runners, anyway he's on the grid

roy
19th May 2013, 11:46
Hi hells rollators,

BBC iplayer couple of good watches the NW 200 is brilliant and motor 3 and 2 on red button.

Terry
19th May 2013, 12:30
Thanks Roy

Laila
19th May 2013, 23:59
Motogp France. Great race in the wet. Good to see our Cal Crutchlow on the podium and with a fractured tibia as well, bit of a hero. No idea what happened to Lorenzo - anyone have any ideas? He just went backwards!! . Marquez was obviously struggling in the wet conditions and kept on losing it, but as soon as it dried out he stormed through. Apparently this was his first race in the wet on his motogp Honda. Even Rossi was struggling and crashed. Strange isn't it that he couldn't do anything with the Ducati but is now being beaten by Dovisioso on Ducati. Not looking good for a Rossi comeback .

roy
20th May 2013, 02:13
Don't forget to mention the British GP winner Scott Reading in moto 2 another fab race like moto 1.
Yeah Lorenzo went to pieces Crutchlow held his composure and raced in a determined controlled manner
Overtaking both Vali and lozenger both on factory bikes,Pedrossa was a lucky man coming off track on
2 occasions so maybe at long last his year.

God save the Queen.

Laila
20th May 2013, 02:33
Hi Roy,

Yep, Crutchlow for top podium soon I hope. Carol

Laila
27th May 2013, 02:37
Isle of Man TT coming up this weekend. Back in the 80s I rode the circuit at a sedate pace on my Honda cx500.

Terry
27th May 2013, 20:02
can't believe that you owned up to owning a CX500 Laila;
Mind you I did have a clapped out one once, it was a lovely cruising machine.
I think that the TT is showing on ITV4 Thursday evening but I will update you when I defiantly know .

Laila
27th May 2013, 23:28
Hi Terry, thanks for the info on ITV4 will look out for it. I thought the Honda was a good bike, I was happy to ride slowly :)

roy
28th May 2013, 02:19
Hi Carol,
Just watching tt on itv catchup think it started today.
Watch it online or smart TV.

Roy.

Terry
28th May 2013, 20:16
ITV 4 Tonight and at Midnight TT The perfect lap and Thursday night at 9 pm more TT TV.

Laila
30th May 2013, 22:16
Isle of Man TT is on ITV4 and every night 9pm til 10pm. :) Carol

Terry
30th May 2013, 22:26
Hi Roy sorry;
Bad news, I/we missed the World S B last night.
Good news, It's repeated on Saturday on C4 at 7:30am to & 7:55, the racing is from Donington.

roy
31st May 2013, 03:09
Thanks Terry,

Will set timer, always enjoyed Donny raced it a few times enjoyed going as spectator too.

Roy.

Laila
31st May 2013, 23:54
The IOM TT on ITV 4 tonight was really good. So can recommend. It's on every night 9 til 10 until next weekend. It's presented by Jamie Whitham and that Irish guy ?Craig. Apparently everything has been delayed due to weather and a house fire!! So the sidecars are on Saturday now and the super sport 600 on Sunday. I like Bruce Anstey so my bets on him, not sure which class though, probably the senior TT? The Dunlops look good for the super sport.

Laila
31st May 2013, 23:57
Thanks Terry,

Will set timer, always enjoyed Donny raced it a few times enjoyed going as spectator too.

Roy.

Hi Roy,

That sounds great, what did you race at Donnington???.

Carol

roy
1st June 2013, 11:00
Hi Carol,
Was a great result for Tom Sykes a maiden double on home turf on the Kwaker,used to watch Tom on Suzuki in the BSB series brings him just for points away from the championship lead still a lot to ride through.My Racing was back in the the late seventies in a small amateur series
On RD400 Yams.Truth was never made sponsorship and then enjoyed watching and touring,my Touring across Europe and Scandinavia
Was my passion.my last track event was in 2010 a track day at Silverstone on the Kwaker 1200 great day but expensive with tyres they
Just melt away.

Laila
1st June 2013, 15:11
MotoGP Mugello on Sunday BBC2 12.30. Grid positions: Pedrosa, Lorenzo, Davisioso . Crutchlow crashed but made it back on spare bike. Marquez crashed a few times in practice and was down in the ratings. Bradley Smith (UK) had a bad crash in practice but is still riding with a torn little finger and a shoulder injury. Phew.

roy
1st June 2013, 16:49
Crutchlow must be still carrying the same injury from last meeting broken leg,certainly no quitter and fingers crossed he gets another result
Tomorrow.What the Dickens has happened to Rossi,

Laila
2nd June 2013, 00:16
Hi Carol,
Was a great result for Tom Sykes a maiden double on home turf on the Kwaker,used to watch Tom on Suzuki in the BSB series brings him just for points away from the championship lead still a lot to ride through.My Racing was back in the the late seventies in a small amateur series
On RD400 Yams.Truth was never made sponsorship and then enjoyed watching and touring,my Touring across Europe and Scandinavia
Was my passion.my last track event was in 2010 a track day at Silverstone on the Kwaker 1200 great day but expensive with tyres they
Just melt away.

Hi Roy, RD400s !!!!!!! I saw them at Oulton Park, seriously fast and close racing, a bit leary. Bravery award.

Carol

Laila
2nd June 2013, 00:27
Isle of Man sidecar race tonight was really good. I never used to follow the sidecar racing or pay interest in it, but the coverage on ITV4 was really good and a good race to watch. On a negative note one of the TT riders had a very serious accident. The modern bikes which can average 130 mph (so reaching 200 mph at times ) on a normal road 37 mile circuit with lamposts, walls, curbs, houses and trees to crash into is extremely dangerous.

roy
2nd June 2013, 11:17
Motor gp on Bbc red button now.

Laila
2nd June 2013, 12:05
Hi Roy, got it thanks. Carol

roy
2nd June 2013, 13:09
Wow Scott Reading two in a row 43 point lead long way to go but if he can win championship first Brit since the late great Sheene.

Laila
2nd June 2013, 13:23
Great to see a Brit win and leading the championship (Moto 2)

pete
2nd June 2013, 15:25
Hi Bikers,

Well another disaster for the Doc , a stupid arrogant mistake by the young reckless one and sheer brilliance shown by the winner riding perfection. And to say Cal did good would be a understatement , all in all a great race, but doubt the Italians had the same views ?. Danny no doubt sighed a lot thinking how lucky he is to have a really considerate teammate ,I think Honda may be having words ,very deep meaning full ones with the youngster having lost a podium place for nothing gained .

Laila
2nd June 2013, 15:38
Hi Pete,

yes Marquez crashed on every outing on this circuit, his earlier high speed crash probably didn't help, he was very lucky he wasn't seriously hurt. I think it's his relative inexperience. Cal was brilliant. I think it was Bautista's fault taking out Rossi, the Rossi fans will probably give him a hard time now. Carol

roy
2nd June 2013, 15:49
Rossi having tough time hope he doesn't quit, would be very bad news for Moto GP. Cal seems to of matured a great ride from
a guy with painful injuries,young Bradley Smith another very brave race too.be interesting to see if Scott Reading gets a factory ride
In motor GP 1. Next year

pete
2nd June 2013, 16:26
Hi Pete,

yes Marquez crashed on every outing on this circuit, his earlier high speed crash probably didn't help, he was very lucky he wasn't seriously hurt. I think it's his relative inexperience. Cal was brilliant. I think it was Bautista's fault taking out Rossi, the Rossi fans will probably give him a hard time now. Carol

Hi Carol

Hope your ok, Yes don't get to see most races ,but I did really enjoy this one . I was wishing for Rossi along with a few thousand Italians that he would do well, but alas it was not to be , But I really enjoyed watching .how it should be done by a pro. Well done our Cal despite his crashes still finds it in him to do well when it matters ,looking forward to the next one now .

pete

Laila
3rd June 2013, 01:41
Good TT coverage on ITV 4. Dunlop won superbike TT. Don't know what happened to my favourite Bruce Anstey, he was ill so not sure if finished. Guy Martin came fourth?? I think , total character.

roy
3rd June 2013, 10:53
Brilliant Dunlop but John McGuiness another lap record he has dominated for the last decade and the veteran can still dance with the best.

roy
3rd June 2013, 10:55
Morning Pete,
Go on catchup tv on your iPad you can watch the lot.

Enjoy the fun shine

Laila
3rd June 2013, 23:26
Hi Roy, Pete, Terry and all,

Hope you got to see the IOMTT on ITV4. There is an iPad app Isle of Man tt 2013 which I downloaded and looks good and it's free. Supersport race was fairly close. Bruce Anstey looked very ill after the race, apparently has got flu but he looked very grey. Don't know how he came second feeling like that! Hope my favourite rider is ok. Carol

Laila
5th June 2013, 00:39
IOM TT Reporter Laila checking in.

Dunlop wins for third time, this time in Superstock!!! The way he overtook John McGuinness was unreal, so fast.

Martin Guy is just so funny. I don't think I could have any serious conversation with him. Even his hair has me in stitches before he even opens his mouth. Mind you bet great fun on night out :cool:

Good to see Milky Quale on form after his horrendous crash several years ago.

Those electric bikes are impressive, 100 mph average speed! Can we get three wheel chair options of those. I fancy a 100mph lap on one of them!!!! The IOM MNDA trophy, one for Rory to get sponsoring deals on.

More race action to come all this week. Im enjoying it!! The film of the dog on the bike was cool.

Over and out til tomorrow Motorbike Mania fans.

Carol

Laila
6th June 2013, 00:39
IOM TT reporter Laila checking in,

Dunlop wins the second Supersport race in his fourth TT win which is getting to be a bore. He almost lost it on the mountain though with a brake lock up missing the curb and a high speed crash by a few feet.

Anstey is looking better but not well :(

I think Martin Guy would be a brilliant Senior TT win on Friday.

Over and out

Laila

roy
6th June 2013, 03:43
Yep he is absolutely on fire,he is in his peak at the right time just like the rest of the Dunlop family of yesterday years,
Truly fantastic rider taken the mantle from big John McGuiness after a decade of dominating.

Roy

Laila
6th June 2013, 23:39
Hi Roy,

Was interesting to hear Guy Martin comments today on Michael Dunlop pushing the risk limits on this course. I hope he doesn't crash on the Senior TT !!

Carol

Terry
8th June 2013, 19:32
Michael did seem to be a little unstable, but he has a very aggressive in his riding style. I hope that he learnt from locking the front wheel there.
I have been defending Mark Marquez but his crashes last week were a bit to much and he was extremely lucky to walk away from them. I would think that he is hurting a lot this week and maybe he will learn from that. I still think that he has a good chance of the championship this year.
Great TT coverage and I hope that all of the spectators are O K following the crash yesterday.

Laila
8th June 2013, 23:50
Hi Terry,

The TT coverage was good. John McGuinness won the senior TT I think for the 21st time? Shown on itv4 tonight. I think there is a highlight programme on itv4 Monday 6pm. Also hoping the spectators involved in the crash are ok, terrible thing to happen.

Carol

Terry
14th June 2013, 16:25
Hi Pete;
World S B on C4 Saturday at 7:30 am.
Carol, it was nice to see John win after the week he had, mind you he did look kind of shattered. Don't know any more about the spectators. I think that Moto G P is on this weekend from Catalunya.

Laila
15th June 2013, 15:43
MotoGP Catalunya is on BBC2 at 12.30 Sunday. Grid is Pedrosa, then Crutchlow, Lorenzo. Poor Bradley Smith is suffering with an injured hand. Carol

Laila
16th June 2013, 23:59
Good MotoGP race at Catalunya except Cal Crutchlow crashed when he was doing so well in fourth position I think. He's OK though. Lorenzo won again followed by Pedrosa then Marquez. Marquez did his usual dangerous manoeuvre trying to undercut teammate Pedrosa, nearly crashed into him, but hit the front brake and nearly crashed himself, not good.

roy
17th June 2013, 10:14
Hi Carol,

Great pity for Cal,but conditions were poor through heat and Bridgestone tyres were struggling,thought Bradley Smith did well
To get sixth in the end after an eventful practise session with spills.Hoping to get to Silverstone this August it's been a couple
Of years.

Roy.

Laila
17th June 2013, 17:40
Hi Roy, Silverstone sounds good, long time since Ive been there. Bradley Smith did well considering hand injury, hoping he didn't make it worse. The BSB at Knockhill this weekend was on Eurosport. Dont know if that comes up on other channels later.

Carol

Terry
17th June 2013, 19:08
Thanks Carol, you forgot to mention your boyfriend, he came 9th.
Roy, BSB on ITV4 Wed 17/6 20:00 hrs.
I last went to Silverstone two years ago for F1 practice, it rained most of the time. Enjoyed the moto 2 & 3 race as well.

Laila
17th June 2013, 23:38
Terry, he did indeed, best result of the season so far :) . Not long to Assen. Several years ago I was working briefly in Assen. I could hear the races not far away but had to carry on working, couldn't take the time off. Grrrr.

Terry
28th June 2013, 13:34
Hi Bikers;
Moto Gp practice/qualifying is on at the moment on 301 or red button. The race it on Saturday and I think it will be shown on 301 again because of those four wheeled things going around Silverstone and a few people knocking a ball over a net. World S B racing Sunday and race will probably be show next Saturday morning at 7:25 C4.

Lorenzo crashed yesterday and broke his collar bone and hopes to race tomorrow and Marquez had a big crash and broke his finger but he is still riding.

roy
28th June 2013, 14:55
Great result for Cal on pole and Bradley in sixth position
Fabulous race tomorrow 12.30 red button.

Laila
28th June 2013, 15:10
Hi Gang, I missed the action but hopefully will catch up on it on Eurosport. Great to see that Cal is on pole!! Sounds like a good race tomorrow. Laila

Rory
28th June 2013, 19:31
Sorry , but is the second Lions test for me !
Bring on the convicts !

Rory

roy
28th June 2013, 22:27
No apology needed Rory, if watching a load of fellas rolling and groping in the mud is your thing then enjoy :-)

Laila
28th June 2013, 23:50
Rory, I thought motorbike racing was a dangerous sport, but testing convicts against lions seems more extreme. Is this on at the colosseum ?? Laila

Rory
29th June 2013, 01:00
With all that leather and padding on and only going at 40mph - surely not dangerous !

Roaring lion

Laila
29th June 2013, 23:20
Hi Motorbike Maniacs, Good to see Rossi back. Shame about Cal not beating Marquez but good to see him on the podium. No idea how Lorenzo could race a day after a shoulder operation!!!? Not sure how Bradley Smith did. Good racing.

roy
30th June 2013, 23:23
Hi Laila,

Yes that race was right up there for action,incidents,bravery and excitement from five heroes
Big incidents and action from F1 too Hamilton was robbed through poor tyres and an
embarrassment of a track,the sport can take a deep breath that there were no fatalities.

roy
30th June 2013, 23:27
Hi Rory,

That's new rugby players in leathers and padding,shame about the result but will make the last match a belter..

Terry
5th July 2013, 22:53
Hi Roy;
World super bike from Imola is on C4 at 7:30 Am and an hour later on 4 + 1.
Sorry for posting so late

roy
5th July 2013, 23:59
Many thanks Terry :-)

roy
6th July 2013, 10:57
Rock on Tommy, Tom Sykes with a fabulous winning brace putting the Brit in a good position to win WSB championship.

Terry
6th July 2013, 13:57
He is so fast, Pole every race, and nice to see Johnathon Rea finnish second. We have two real hopes in world bike racing this year.

Laila
6th July 2013, 16:08
Hi MMs I haven't seen the WSB, hopefully catch up on Eurosport. Been watching too much Big Brother and Wimbledon. Laila

Terry
10th July 2013, 18:50
Hi Gang;
British Super Bikes is on this evening at 8 pm on ITV4 from Snetterton.
I have been watching another great British bike rider, Chris Froome, He was fantastic last year supporting Wiggins but this year might be his. The Sky team is not so strong so it will be very hard for Chris.

roy
10th July 2013, 19:52
Cheers terry :-)

Frank
11th July 2013, 00:51
Can a 'scooter boy' join in?
You may have a few jokes at my expense to lighten some low times.

You can even take the micky out of us having a racing association, and instead of the 200mph club for sprinting, we have the 100mph club???

roy
11th July 2013, 11:39
Hi Frank,

Your welcome, I have a black mean machine scooter sitting in prone position can achieve 8mph standing quarter 1/2 hour.

You have a great day

Roy.

Frank
11th July 2013, 12:16
Roy, thats nearly a better time than my 240cc Lambretta ;-)

I was looking at an old villiers engine in the back of the workshop that I ported a few years back.
I couldn't believe that I spent nearly 2 hours thinking on how it could be grafted onto the wheelchair.
I'm going simple! As though i'd be able to do 'owt with it.

Terry
11th July 2013, 19:00
Hi Frank;
I don't think we can allow scooter rides here. Don't tell the others but I did own and ride a Vespa 90. It was very unstable and I came off of it more than once a month. I also used to marshall at Lydden and there was a few races for them then.
Keep on rocking, Terry

Frank
11th July 2013, 21:57
Hi Terry.

Bet you wished you'd kept the Vep', i'm not a fan of them personaly, as you said, very un-stable due to engine on one side.
But the 90cc 'small frame' go for a packet now???
Even I can't understand the logic of that. Must be loads of 'born again' mods.

I rode Lydden, nice track. But always loved '3 sisters' at Ashton-in-makerfield.
And Anglesey was spectacular in the sunshine.

Go on Terry, let me stay. Pretty please; i'll just potter about at the back of the pack.
Just so I don't embarass you with my super speed.

Terry
12th July 2013, 12:22
You will have to ride 200 yards behind and not park anywhere in sight, oh and no wearing parkers.
I used to camp and marshall at Lydden in 1976 to 1982 for the Triumph owners Club meetings. They where great fun and included races for scooters and Go Karts.
Even my little Vespa was fast away, one of my crashes on it was in London on the Embankment. I was changing into second gear after pulling away from the lights and did not close the throttle, it done an uncontrollable wheelie and I was on the road. I am afraid that after 7 months their was not much left of it undamaged.
Keep on rocking, love Terry

Terry
13th July 2013, 11:51
Hi Rockers and the Mod;
Moto G P practice is on BBC1 today at 1 pm and the race is on tomorrow at 12:30 , BBC 2. The racing is from Sachsenring.

Laila
13th July 2013, 12:24
Hi Terry, thanks for info. Heard on news site that Lorenzo has damaged his collarbone yet again in practice! So out of race. Laila

Laila
15th July 2013, 01:07
Hi MMs , Good to see Cal on the podium! Laila

Terry
20th July 2013, 14:22
Hi All;
Moto G P qualifying on 301 tonight 22:00 to 2:00. The racings is from Laguna Seca, where Rossi run Lorezo off of the cork screw about five years ago.
Lets hope Crutchlow and Rossi go one better but a tremendous result and a good race last week.
Race on BBC 2, 22:00 to 23:00 hrs Sunday evening.
I have World S B from Moscow and British S B from Brands Tomorrow as well on my list.
Great Tour de France, Frome seemed invincible but them a crack. He is back on the pace and today will tell. I think that he is so much better than Wiggins but does not have the same backing. Although Port did get him through his bad patch.

Laila
20th July 2013, 14:41
Hi Terry, I haven't tried port recently is this recommended by the cyclists? Just watching the super pole for WSB followed by motogp practice on Eurosport. Should be a good race weekend. Laila

Terry
24th July 2013, 20:10
Sorry Roy;
I getting later and later.
BSP on tonight at 8 pm on ITV4, I think that it is repeated Saturday, 14:55 to 15:55 hrs.

And WSB is on at 7:30 am Saturday on C4.
Rock on tommy.

Goodwood Festival of speed is also on ITV4 tonight 9 pm.

Are you out there Frank, PLEASE ride a bit closer.

Laila
24th July 2013, 22:44
Hi Terry, thanks for info. Not sure if everyone saw the USA motogp? But was a weird race with so many injuries. Marquez ruled but Bradl surprised. Rossi looked on good form he has lost that gaunt tired look. Laila

Terry
24th July 2013, 23:06
I thought that it was a great race. Before the weekend I had Crutchlow winning and Rossi second as both of the top people were broken and Marcquez had not ridden there before. How wrong I was! It was a bit disappointing for our favorites.

Frank
27th July 2013, 02:35
Im back Terry.
A couple of mirrors dropped off and It took me a few days to get them re-chromed.
Im catching back up now. Just keep an eye out behind you.
Cheers Frank.

Frank
30th July 2013, 13:36
Hi Folks.

Not WSB standard, but a bit of fun from Darley Moor back in May.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJV-NNBmJ-M

Cheers
Frank

Terry
4th August 2013, 13:19
That takes me back Frank;
Was that you riding the camera scooter and the others letting you win?
World Super Bike is at Silverstone this afternoon and should be on telly on C4 7:30 Sat morning.

Laila
4th August 2013, 15:43
hi Terry, thanks for info. Long wait to next motogp on the 18th :(

Frank
5th August 2013, 23:45
Hi Terry. Wish it was me:rolleyes:
Number 69 is using one of my engines.
The lads doing quite well with it at the moment.
That's a good thing about clubman racing; it's still afordable.
And no factory teams, which to me makes it a bit more sociable also.

Had a sad day today, as I put my leathers up for sale.
God knows why i've not done it before; I think I was hoping to use them again.
Dooooh, as Homer would say.
Got my tuning stuff to sort out and sell also and we are going off on the narrowboat for a month with the money I raise.
Isn't life weird? Spent years trying to go fast and now i'm happy at 4mph on a canal.

Sorry for going off topic, got a bit of a wondering mind tonight.
Cheers Frank.

berdbrain
6th August 2013, 00:16
Frank, you are a very funny, courageous man, you are not slowing down just adapting and taking life in the slow lane for a while....what a wonderful thing to go on a narrowboat for a whole month.....I love your posts with your sense of humour and I hope you have the most wonderful time...you don't have to live in the fast lane, life in the slow lane is good too and of course it's life..
When my sister had to put up her beloved mercedes baby blue sportscar up for sale she was very fed up too (probably an understatement, but you know exactly how it feels), but she gave me the number plate so I will have it for my daughter, her most beloved neice, and we'll be in a car with the wind in our hair and thinking of her........whoever has your leathers will do you proud because good goes to good, if you get what I mean.
I wish you a lovely time on the narrowboat, and if you don't think it presumptuous I will send you some of my signature kisses so that you know I am thinking of you and saying a prayer for you and yours, enjoy the time on the narrowboat
good luck
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXDebbieXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXO and a hug for luck!

Frank
6th August 2013, 12:38
Thanks for that Debbie. I enjoyed the hugs and kisses.

Terry
6th August 2013, 17:12
I did not realize that you needed leathers on those things, I thought it was parkers and drain pipes. Have a great time, the parker might come in handy as well. Your have too adapt to the speed, still not that much difference around the corners. What track will the boat be on.
Love Terry

Frank
6th August 2013, 18:09
I'm going for the 'boating blazer' look, ala The Kinks, with the parker on top.
The track is the Leeds Liverpool. Not a short track and plenty of twisty bits.
Can you counter steer a narrowboat??
I'll have a go and let you know.
At least when I mess the corners up, it should be a softer landing!!

Terry
6th August 2013, 20:58
a narrow boat and a scooter should be similar to steer, both are very slow to act and very vague. It's sorter like locking the rear wheel up coming into a sharp bend but 1000 times slower. I guess tour soon get the hang of it after a few drinks. You don't drive a lola by any chance, oh and watch out for the narrow bits and the kinks.
Love Terry

Frank
7th August 2013, 20:42
;) cheers Terry. I've got a big bottle of Jack Daniels and loads of straws saved up for the trip.

Laila
8th August 2013, 12:48
Hi Frank, hope the canal trip goes well. Will some extra horsepower help?? I heard the Clydesdale z models with combination treads are good on the tow Tarmac. have to be careful of the runoff on the kinks though. Laila

Frank
8th August 2013, 20:50
Do you think I could stick some mirrors on their harness Laila?
The thought of all the possible areas for more chrome gets my juices running.
I could look like a proper prat (oops! sorry, mod) then ;)

Laila
15th August 2013, 00:24
MotoGP in USA coming up this weekend. No idea who is running and who is injured. Seems too many crashes.

Terry
17th August 2013, 18:01
Sorry Roy;
British Super Bike racing was on ITV4 Wednesday evening at 7:30. It is well worth watching as all three races where good. It is still available on BBC I Player.
Also practice for moto GP at Indianapolis on 301 tonight 18:30 to 22:05 and racing tomorrow. BBC” 18:30 to 20:00 and Moto 2 & 3 on 301 15:45 to 18:15.
Enjoy, Terry

Laila
17th August 2013, 19:02
Hi Terry, thanks for info. MotoGP practice is on Eurosport coming up at 6.15 . Carol

Terry
17th August 2013, 19:25
Carol, you know most of us poor and can't afford Eurosport. Enjoy it at 6:15, we'l have to wait till half past six.
Love Terry

Laila
17th August 2013, 19:33
Terry, actually started at 6.30 ish. Carol :)

Chrissy
17th August 2013, 21:20
Hi All

Had to join in this conversation to give you a laugh.
In the 70's when I was a teenager I was at a party which was about to get messy so one of the lads (who I fancied like mad) took all us girls out of the back door and home on his Suzuki 250 if memory serves me correctly, Never having been on the back of a bike I leaned the other way thinking you had to ablance the bike, we nearly came off, I never got on another and I didn't get the boyfriend I had hoped to. He was livid.
Interesting as I find this thread I am not qualified to post again. LOL

Laila
17th August 2013, 22:47
Hi Chrissy,

I went on the back of a scooter once with a lad from school and that was the last time. I nearly fell off the back. Carol

Terry
17th August 2013, 22:56
Hi Chrissy;
It is quite normal for people to lean the wrong way if they are taken to fast to soon. I have a friend with a 250 Suzuki back in those days, it was very quick but handled terrible.
So with a bit more practice you will be welcome along.
Love Terry

Laila
18th August 2013, 00:51
Marquez rules again. How can cal go to Ducati ??? Give him a decent bike. Carol

Terry
18th August 2013, 13:20
Yes, he seems to, he is in the best physical shape out of the top four as well and he does not have to take so many risks now. Cal has another chance in this race, lets keep our fingers crossed. Don't like him moving to Ducati but I guess there was no where else to go. Should be a good race as should Scot Reeding in moto two.
Your boy friend is going well there as well.
Love Terry

Laila
18th August 2013, 14:15
Hi Terry, looking forward to the racing but might be interrupted by friend visit at 3pm. Colin is on back row again I think. It's his home circuit I think so maybe do fairly well :) he always has a smile. Marquez is amazing now. Still wonder if he's going to crash sometime though. Laila.

Laila
18th August 2013, 23:12
Hi MB maniacs, brilliant race today. Marquez looks like he is unbeatable. Lots of close overtaking. Hope it works out with cal at Ducati ?? Laila

Terry
22nd August 2013, 12:45
Hi Petrol Heads;
It was a great Moto GP race last week, shame that Carl could not stay in front of Rossi though. Haydon done a do or die effort on the last corner and let Smith through.
Busy weekend:-
British Supper Bikes from Cadwell
Formula One from Spar, and
Moto G P from Brno
Keep on rocking or moding if that's what you like, Terry

Laila
22nd August 2013, 13:02
Thanks Terry,

Should be a good weekend. Some of the last ditch overtakes at the motogp were scary. Hayden was crazy, probably cos leaving Ducati ?? Not sure if he is leaving motogp altogether?? Carol

Terry
24th August 2013, 13:25
Moto GP Qualifying on red button now, 301?
Terry

Laila
24th August 2013, 13:50
Cheers Terry, Laila :)

Terry
24th August 2013, 22:02
What a great moto GP qualifying Crutchlow Bautista Marquez and Colin went well again. For the race I recon Lorenzo Marquez Crutchlow.
The Formula one was exiting as the weather was changeable. Looking forward to the racing tomorrow.

Laila
24th August 2013, 22:36
Good to see cal on top form. Colin always does well in the CRT class. He has had plenty of factory rides in the past, so good that he is being sensible and always has a smile. :) Was a strange qualifier? Marquez is my bet. Carol

Laila
25th August 2013, 00:25
Oh and Shakey was good at Oulton.

Laila
26th August 2013, 10:24
The MotoGP race at Brno was interesting. Sorry to see Cal crash out after the pole start :( Wasn't sure if that was due to new electronic controls? Marquez is looking unstoppable now.

Terry
26th August 2013, 19:51
I was a bit disappointed as I expected a very good Moto GP race and some rain in F1 and to see carl and smith crash was a shame.
The British Super Bike is on ITV 4 Wednesday at 8 to 9 pm.

roy
26th August 2013, 21:16
Hi Carol and Terry

Racing good watching Marquez who will be a legend,but like you say a pity about the Brits this weekend,
Really missing the bike this summer the electric chair just doesn't cut it,apart from the door frames.
Thanks for the update will watch Shakey Wednesday

Roy

Laila
26th August 2013, 22:07
Roy,

Agree with that, just been out on my PWC for an hours run. It does corner very well though. I haven't been keeping up with BSB but I think it will be good to watch. Not sure why Lorenzo faded at the end, injury? Laila

roy
27th August 2013, 11:57
Hi Carol,

Yeh Lorenzo struggling by his standards, Cal beat both Yam factory bikes on the pole, I think there's something wrong, I would like to see
Stoner back as a wild card the only racer to tame the Duke,I wonder if scot Reading will join Cal and Smith in the the top division next season,
watched Scot being the first Brit to win a GP since Sheen he was 15 and was at donnington my favourite track to watch and
Race.

Laila
27th August 2013, 13:20
Hi Roy,

Heard that Scott Redding is moving up to MotoGP but no idea to which team. I thought Stoner was bril but lost all enthusiasm to race. Would be good to have him back, but doubt that will happen. Carol

Laila
31st August 2013, 13:41
MotoGP Silverstone qualifying BBC1 today at 2pm and race on Sunday at 12 BBC2.

miranda
2nd September 2013, 20:24
Hi Carol It is a bit of a worry that you have not posted anything about the MotoGP. Hope you are OK.

Laila
2nd September 2013, 20:59
Hi Miranda, Ive had an unexpectedly busy day today with four visitors, doing as OK as can do. Did see the MotoGP and was an exciting race. Marquez was amazing after his injury, I reckon if he was fitter he wouldn't have lost to Lorenzo, close last lap dice. Shame about Cal not doing so good, he was looking so fed up after his poor finish but had a sore arm, so hopefully better soon. The dice between Rossi and Bautista was good to watch as well. And good one for Brit Scott Redding for the home win in Moto2! Next one San Marino 15th Sept. Seeing the No 7 bikes of Barry sheene on the track also brought back happy memories! Mm Castrol R :). Carol

miranda
2nd September 2013, 22:21
Glad you are ok. Those guys gave us some heartstopping moments during the last few laps. Barry Sheene would not believe it!! Saw the race on TV but skies busy around here ferrying people to and from the track.

Terry
6th September 2013, 17:34
Did not realize that you lived so close to silverstone, we could have all camped in your garden.
Last weeks World super bikes is on C4 between 7:30 and 8 am tomorrow morning.
Terry

Laila
7th September 2013, 11:41
That was an early start! Missed it, but hopefully catch up if on Eurosport??

Terry
11th September 2013, 20:52
Wops, British super bike on ITV4 in 9 minutes. Sorry Roy, must of got my dates mixed up. Racing from Donington

Frank
11th September 2013, 21:59
Bloody hell!! I'm not allowed to watch it.
The reason? Star Gate SG1 is on it's penultimate episode??
My lip is well and truly out,..... But not for long, as I'm dribbling :D Got to laugh, can't even sulk proper any more.

Laila
11th September 2013, 23:19
Frank and all motorbike maniacs. If you have the free itv player app on iPad then can watch the BSB action at Donnington on demand anytime over next 30 days. I won't give a rundown if you had to watch stargate! Instead, except that the last lap was good. :) . ? Is mescal better than gin. Carol

Frank
12th September 2013, 17:44
The mescal is a bit of an acquired taste Carol. I've grown to like it, but it can give a 'funny' experience when drunk in excess .
It can be a bit 'trippy', for want of a better word.
I've been told that it is distilled from a cactus, but not really sure; I should Google it sometime instead of gulping it ;)
Well worth trying though, I only tend to drink mescal and Jack D' these days, so I may be blinkered.

I'll try the ITV player on my PC later, cheers for that; I was in sci-fi hell last night.
xx Frank

Laila
12th September 2013, 23:30
Frank, Sounds like one for the G&TS club, it's usually a troll free zone thanks to BIg Brother. Gin plus one or two meds puts me in the right place :), plus listening to voodoo chile on spotify. Drop me a friend invite. Carol

Frank
13th September 2013, 14:54
I'd love to join the club Carol, especially if Marvyn Gaye is being played full blast.
Also, great news; no more SG1 :D:D:D
Bet you owt' though, I still won't get my hand on the remote!!!

Laila
13th September 2013, 15:03
frank, have to watch out for the Sky TV on demand though and then can watch all of stargate from ep1 sp1 :).

Heads up for MotoGP SanMarino this Sunday at 2pm race start - yeah

Carol

Laila
14th September 2013, 16:07
Marquez on pole yet again, then Lorenzo, then Rossi. Cal seems to be affected by his arm injury.

Terry
15th September 2013, 12:37
Roy;
Don't forget, Moto G P on red button lunch time. That's the same as program 301 or 302. Marquez does seem a different class, But should be a great race as Rossi and Lorenzo are fast starters.

Laila
16th September 2013, 09:49
Hi MMs, I hope you all saw the race, if not look away now :) . Best result for me was Colin Edwards at the top of the CRT class, as he's the coolest, nicest guy on the track, loads of experience and just enjoying himself now without crashing and being too risky. Rossi seems to be getting back on form in fourth, but well outgunned by the others. Technology seems to be more and more the thing, something to do with fancy gearboxes in the Hondas or something?? Marquez I think is reckless, echoes of Simoncelli. Good to see tributes in memorial to him and other riders at the meeting. So Lorenzo, then Marquez, Pedrosa and Rossi. Cal must still be suffering with injury as around fifth I think, he looks out of sorts in the pits, I think his arm is sore. Next race in few weeks at Aragon. Carol

Frank
16th September 2013, 14:46
I found that technology can be a double edged sword in racing. You can't always see the 'best rider' due to it, but you can't help loving the ingenuity of the engineers and designers.
Being a design engineer, I struggled between the 2 when racing. But I must admit, I did prefer racing in the classes that were restricted, just because it was rider against rider (not that I ever won).
The un-limited class that I raced in; well, I felt good if the bike finished; the 'home-made' tech' could be a bit un-reliable and the 'bought-in' tech' was way out of my price bracket :(

pete
17th September 2013, 00:45
Hi Carol '

Yep you hit the nail on the head, Racing as it was back when Barry was king, was exciting and unbelievably brilliant to watch the race on bikes that needed riders to tame them ,not so today sadly it's Money, sponsors, Corporate cash and loads of tech on bikes ,gone the road of F1 and the technology and all that matters now is winning at all costs, As for Marquez, I said a while back watching him ride he has no regard for his own safety let alone anyone else's ,it's a matter of time before he causes big problems for other riders. Hopefully he will be the one to learn the hard way and not someone else who is in the wrong place , As much as I love watching all forms of motor racing now, Bikes still get my vote as the sport to watch that still keeps me on the edge of my seat , amazed at the skill and courage of those guys I so wanted to be like ,but realised I lacked both the Talent and the desire to not break more bones won over in the end , I found out my limitations .

roy
17th September 2013, 12:40
Hi mms,

Looking good for Scott Reading,leading moto 2,hoping he can be the first Brit since Sheen to win the championship keeping
My fingers crossed if I could .lol

Roy..

Terry
20th September 2013, 23:31
World Super Bike racing on tomorrow morning at 7:30 am on C4 from Istanbul.

Rock on Tommy

Laila
21st September 2013, 11:18
Phew that's an early start. Hope it's on later somewhere. Carol

roy
21st September 2013, 15:43
Blast missed it again,hope they put it on 4 on demand.

Terry
21st September 2013, 16:41
Sorry Carol and Roy;
I am just not efficient enough, I will tell you if it's a good race later on this post.

It is quite a good race.

Singapore looks fantastic in the dark with F1 cars going around it. Raikkonen is off to Ferrari next year, it will be good to see how he gets on with Alonzo

Terry
25th September 2013, 22:04
Bad news, BSB was just on ITV4, Good news it's on again on Saturday at 17:10 to 18:10 on ITV4, so set your timers, I have just set mine.
Terry

roy
26th September 2013, 18:27
Cheers Terry

Terry
28th September 2013, 20:48
Did you see the second BSB race, they made Marquez seem safe. It was a bit like a game of skittles.
I think that everyone was O K. I missed the first race but it’s well worth watching the second on catch up.

Laila
28th September 2013, 23:35
Marquez on pole yet again for the Aragon Motogp tomorrow. Ducati seem to be falling apart.

MotoGP race on at 12.30 BBC2 Sunday .
Carol

roy
29th September 2013, 16:10
Great motor GP race plenty of racing and iñcident. I preferred the action from the BSB race.Cant seem to catch wsb on tv Polp

Laila
29th September 2013, 23:58
Was a good race. Marquez was reckless yet again . Feeling sorry for cal I think Yamaha are letting him down now he is going to Ducati, oh and Colin came second in the CRT class :). Carol

Terry
5th October 2013, 17:57
Really good World S Bike race on ITV4 this morning. The race was from last week at Laguna Seca. Another tomorrow from Magny Cours but it will be shown next Saturday morning.

British S bike is also on tomorrow from Snetterton and it will be shown on ITV4, Tuesday or Wednesday at around 8 pm.

I am in Hospice on rest bite so I don,t have the program details.

And for our four legged fiends, F1 on tomorrow.

Laila
5th October 2013, 20:14
Hi Terry I'm in respite care as well, so am missing my usual TV channels. Can get the main channels so shouldn't miss the motogp on BBC . Might get Eurosport on my iPad will try. Hope your respite goes ok. Best wishes . Carol

Terry
5th October 2013, 23:02
Hi Carol;
It's a shame you aren't in here, we could watch things together. Not bad internet connection here so I can get some stuff, but TV is poor, only about 8 channels and not what I want.
I had a really rough night last night but am a lot happier now. Hope all is well with you and you get a few GnTs. I only came in yesterday and are in for ten days. Great food here, I had a great cooked breakfast. Sorry, it's wrong to talk of mushrooms, fried bread, bacon and sausages on this site, i am cruel. Hope your OK there, sweet dreams, Love Terry

Laila
6th October 2013, 12:11
Hi Terry, I'm getting good food as well, piling weight on. I have only eight channels as well but can get TV and Sky on my iPad now , wheee . GnTs still having :) . Needing help on timings of what's on where now, but hopefully you guys can help me out. I might be here for sometime :( . Carol

bakeit Forum