PDA

View Full Version : MNDA - Olympic rowing team - Naughtycal society

Rory
5th April 2013, 19:00
Round Rock Boat and RV Storage company A-Plus Boat & RV offers a secure storage facility for boats, RV's, and more in Hutto, Pflugerville, Round Rock.
round rock rv storage (deleted)

-----------------------

Hi fellow John,

Good to see you are carefully researching your audience. Hope you can cope with all these Brits who are sure to be looking for storage facilities for their boats and recreational vehicles. Are you able to cope with motorised wheelchairs, zimmers and rolators?
If you run out of boat storage facilities Rory should be able to provide you with something to float your boat.

John

-----------------------

Regarding previous new post concerning Round Rock Boat storage (above) - a topic that has been the ongoing subject of discussion for our members - John has already replied as you will see.

Reply to the other John (Pugwash , to preserve anonymity).

Before I launch into you and take the wind out of your sails for being on our forum about boat storage - we do in fact have an issue.

As you probably know the MNDA does have an Olympic rowing boat which is 'manned ' by eight crew members and a cox - well all of them have cocks but the one I refer to is the cox at the back *- she doesn't have a ****.

Unfortunately the crew is not up to scratch at the moment , that is why the boat may have to go into storage and we may be interested in your service.

Let me explain *-
One member has lost the use of his left arm
One member has lost the use of his right arm
One member has lost the use of both arms.*
One member has no grip at all.
One member is still recovering from a stroke - not oar related.
One member gets sea sick.
One member received burn marks from sitting too near Roy.
And one member from our Bulbar club , who has lost his voice, also finds the situation hard to swallow and he has lost his appetite for rowing.
We haven't heard from him for weeks.

To add insult to injury the cox (at the back - blunt end) has no voice so she cannot shout the orders *and she has lost her grip, making the steering nigh on impossible.*
We appear to going round in circles.

The reserve oarsmen were unhappy they were not picked for the first crew and we can't get them out of the boat as they are having a sit in as a protest ! We doubt whether we will be able to get them out by Christmas - otherwise there would be two boats for storage. *Social services are delivering the hoists to get them out ASAP, *so it may even be Christmas 2014 - providing we fill the paperwork on time.

Now, our third boat - had a hole blown in it by our reserve cox Roy, who was propelled in the air - another cox up and the damaged boat is currently in Stains . Luckily all the crew are on Riluzole *so at *least we have 3 extra months to repair it!

Now we turn to our 4th boat *- unfortunately it also recently sunk.
The weight of 5 ventilators, 3 suction machines, 4 Zimmer frames, 2 Rollators, 2 Bio Bidets, a nebuliser and a hospital bed were just too much .
we live and learn, next time we will take an additional suction machine to pump out the water.

You probably now think our lame excuse is a load of old rollocks*

As you can see this has somewhat tied the MNDA Olympic committee up in knots.

For further info please do not hesitate to contact any one of our committee

Entertainment -Roger the cabin boy.
Lower limbs- Bob , Commander of the Feet.
Naval discharge - Roy , Rear Admiral .
Refreshments - Laila , while stocks last .(on the Port side)
Fitness - John , Walking the plank.
Signal - Pete - still need to flag this one up with him.
Nightwatchman and Rigging - Andrew, Petty Officer
Other duties - Freeda , General dogs body.

Lastly, you will be interested to learn that we do have another vessel, a yacht, which is currently taking part in the around *Switzerland boat race,
- heaven knows when it will return.

As you can see, we are all at sea - I have cc'd our US rep CC to see if she sees an opportunity overseas where we can succeed.

Time to wave you goodbye

Your sincerely

Rory - Vice Admiral

PS - do you want to buy a swimming pool?

Alan Livett
5th April 2013, 20:24
Hi Rory

I have been reading this forum since I was diagnosed last August. Not sure about posting - I have really enjoyed the wit and humour, but have been really distressed by Graham's plight and the practical advice about some of the realities of our condition. This post has really made me laugh, but writing my response has brought tears to my eyes! What a roller- coaster of emotions!! Hopefully I will continue to post - I will certainly continue to read. particularly the humour. Thank you. Alan Livett

Rory
5th April 2013, 20:41
Hi Alan
Thank you for your kind comments.
Rest assured by writing daft posts like above ( which I enjoy if it makes peole laugh) I cannot ignore the heartache that many members on this forum suffer day by day. As you state, it is a roller coaster on the emotions but one of the main emotions is to have a good laugh ! If I can't provide a cure, I will do the next best thing !
Look forward to reading more of your posts.

Rory

Treelover
5th April 2013, 21:26
Rory, you do make me chuckle. You have a wonderful way with words and brighten my days. The forum benefits from your irreverance i think. Thanks.

Laila
6th April 2013, 10:17
Crikey, it appears I am now in charge of supplies for swimming pool, bedroom ski resort bar, scramble fighter crew, and the Olympic rowing team. Even pressganging Freeda as general dogs body leaves a serious dog resourcing issue. So great idea - thanks Pugwash for offer of a supplies storage facility in Houston!! All we need now is a distribution mechanism to our swimming pools, ski resorts, fighter planes, and various aquatic facilities throughout the world. Maybe approach NASA for an airdrop?? Otherwise Houston , we have a problem.

ccinjersey
6th April 2013, 16:20
HILARIOUS!! LMFAO again!!

CCx

pete
6th April 2013, 17:09
Rory,
That has to rank very close to being the best so far, still can't stop laughing, You certainly missed your vocation matey ,, or is it you that writes our governments speeches , Keep em coming mate, we all need a good laugh to keep our spirits up, Just hope your mast dries Quickly !!.

Pete

roy
6th April 2013, 17:28
Carry on laughing Rory,it's a sunny day too it matters not you always manage a little sunshine.

Good for you Rory :-)

john
6th April 2013, 18:29
Hi Rory ,
Don't see how Pete can feel you missed your vocation. You were a banker after all.
I thought tall stories came with the territory.

John

angnmick
6th April 2013, 23:01
Hi Rory
Forgive me for being so bold but being a DWP investigator (Dept of Wa*king Personel)
It has come to my attention that maybe with a little help and understanding the people listed below could actually club together with their body bits that still work and hold down a proper job instead of sailing here there and everywhere, yes I agree it could take us a while to work in unison but with some training and a bit of passive movement, we could actually improve the goverment out of work figures to drop further. It would also save trees too as those numerous pages for DLA, ESA etc would no longer be required to be completed.
One member has lost the use of his left arm
One member has lost the use of his right arm
One member has lost the use of both arms.*
One member has no grip at all.
One member is still recovering from a stroke - not oar related.
One member gets sea sick.
One member received burn marks from sitting too near Roy.
And one member from our Bulbar club , who has lost his voice, also finds the situation hard to swallow and he has lost his appetite for rowing.
We haven't heard from him for weeks.

I and my bosses agree this is definitely the way forward to get the backbone of Britain back on track. What do you think ?

Rory
7th April 2013, 00:13
Hi John

I will answer your post first as I need to congratulate you for being the instigator of my reply to Pigwash !
You intro ,as usual, paved the way for me - you set the hare running !

As for tall stories - fair comment - only to get the credits through and help the customer in the corporate world !

Cheers

Rory

Rory
7th April 2013, 00:19
Cheers Treelover

I am sorry ,it looks like we will have to chop some more trees down to replace the two sunken boats !

All the best

Rory

john
7th April 2013, 13:53
Hi Rory,
Had much to do with bankers and I must say in the branch and regional office network I found most of them to be sincere people doing what they viewed as a worthwhile job. It was all based on relationships and relying on personal judgements on people and businesses. Unfortunately this doesn't make the billions that the banks need to survive on the international stage they now tread. Just read the autobiography of Dave Fishwick of Burnley's bank of Dave fame. He is trying to get banking based on people and relationships again. An entertaining read and all power to his elbow.
Didn't mean to snipe at you.
John

Rory
22nd April 2013, 03:51
Hi John
Hope you are well - yes, relationship banking is the preferred route in any partnership. I was lucky, I worked in the insurance industry as both broker and underwriter and then I turned banker to the industry. The knowledge of the sector made it easier for me and the customers appreciated a banker who understood their sector. Many of them are still my friends and came to the recent golf day in support of MNDA.

Best wishes

Rory

Rory
22nd April 2013, 03:59
Crikey, it appears I am now in charge of supplies for swimming pool, bedroom ski resort bar, scramble fighter crew, and the Olympic rowing team. Even pressganging Freeda as general dogs body leaves a serious dog resourcing issue. So great idea - thanks Pugwash for offer of a supplies storage facility in Houston!! All we need now is a distribution mechanism to our swimming pools, ski resorts, fighter planes, and various aquatic facilities throughout the world. Maybe approach NASA for an airdrop?? Otherwise Houston , we have a problem.

Laila

I hope you are well.

Comments noted and I think to relieve you of boredom, we need to find you additional duties for the afternoon !

Rory

bakeit Forum