PDA

View Full Version : G&TS club

Laila
18th May 2013, 01:28
Berdbrains fault for inspiring in me another thread! The G&TS club. For late night party goers only. No party poopers allowed. I'm sure Andrew can moderate the trolls here. You know what I mean Andrew.

So Eurovision , my bets on Romania. Terry Wogan would have a field day. Only one day to UK getting null point. I think it will be fun to see the political voting. There appear to be some serious songs this time though - Greek men in kilts saying alcohol is free (erm where), of course Romania with the wonderful take on a castrato Dracula , and the mix of bagpipes and trance music. Where else but in the wonderful Eurovision Song Contest. Definitely an event to be enjoyed with some G&TS bars of chocolate and a sense of wonder and amazement. One for the G&TS club.

Reviews late night tomorrow,

Carol :) hic

Rory
18th May 2013, 22:44
Laila

I hope I have enough G&Ts to go into a coma and miss the whole show !
Good excuse really - although I will stay awake for match of the day 2 !

I still need to buy shares in Gordons Gin !

Enjoy

Rory
X

Laila
18th May 2013, 23:53
Hi Rory,

I enjoyed the show for the first time in years which seriously worries me. I thought some of the songs were really good!!!! And the UK managed to get more than null point. Beats me how Romania could get so many points more than us, total madness. And poor old Ireland coming last, now if that isn't political voting I don't know what is???? the men in kilts from Greece singing alcohol is free predictably did well, but heck don't know where they got the title from - is there something I'm missing here. Is it on the NHS now?? (Well it would be free on prescription in Scotland ). Oh yes and Ireland had some fit guys, how come they didn't get more votes!!!

Laila
19th May 2013, 18:58
For those of us that missed this fantabulous event and especially for our non European colleagues here are some links to some of the Eurovision entries!!!! Best enjoyed with G&TS and earplugs. Carol.

http://www.eurovision.tv/page/history/year/participant-profile/?song=30293

http://www.eurovision.tv/page/history/year/participant-profile/?song=30333

Rory
19th May 2013, 22:07
Only enjoyed with G&Ts and earplugs and TV turned off !

Laila
20th May 2013, 00:02
Some reasonable songs though. I have to get this checked out as I think I have EAD now (Eurovision Appreciation Disorder).

Laila
21st May 2013, 01:25
I am feeling somewhat deflated. G&TS in hand and no more Eurovision to lampoon. Rory's hole selling enterprise seems to have gone into black hole mode, unless the profits are being accounted by a good accountant. And although I've got the drink trolley sorted we haven't had a good bandit situation for ages in which to tally Ho. Andrew is too good with bandit zapping these days and leaves the trolls to fester in their festeriness, Even my dog is tiring of the lack of activity in the ski slope bar. Soooooo I think the G&TS club needs some serious branding as the night place to be. Post up the photos, videos and wacky stories. Long live G&TS !,,,l. And by the way I'm sane, erm I'm sane, am I sane?... ...?

Carol xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (more xs than Berdbrain)

Laila
24th May 2013, 01:32
G@ts in hand and trying to blog on google. Phew complicated. I have a blog now somewhere but difficult to navigate through the menus.

Carol

roy
24th May 2013, 08:14
Hi Carol,

Loved the film of you having fun in a band,really impressive violin playing.i guess you love all music I'm enjoying Spotify App
at the moment it's free for a month.no need to find or fiddle with cd get the artist or track at a click of the Ipad.

Roy xxxxxxx!xxxxxxx seems to be catching Debbie x

Rory
24th May 2013, 15:48
Hi Laila

The hole selling business has dried up due to all spare hole for sale being full up with water !
Which makes the term dried up non sensical !
The cost of selling a full hole rather than an empty one is turning the punters off.
I am therefore trying to develop a hole with another hole within for drainage.
This hopefully will plug this unforeseeable gap in the Market

Can Freeda by any chance drink that much ?

Rory

Laila
24th May 2013, 22:37
Hi Roy,

Thanks for the info on spotify. I've been using iTunes to download stuff. Do you have to pay a subscription with spotify to listen to any track??

Glad you liked the video. I wasn't that keen on that band though.

Carol

Laila
24th May 2013, 22:43
Hi Rory,

Could always use the filled holes for zebra fish breeding. Then open up a zebra fish sushi bar!!!!! The possibilities of endless zebra fish delicacies!!! Freeda might not be good at emptying the holes but can certainly fill them. Maybe not so good for the zebra fish though.

Carol

Hic

Laila
27th May 2013, 23:46
For those of us with dogs I can recommend the sneezing baby panda video on YouTube. Just AirPlay to large screen and stick on repeat. Best enjoyed with earmuffs and G&TS and more fun than the Eurovision. My dog Freeda goes into a frenzy of barks and runs around.

http://youtu.be/FzRH3iTQPrk

roy
28th May 2013, 01:21
Nice one.made me jump!

Laila
30th May 2013, 00:39
Nice one.made me jump!

Yep the video needs a health warning. Baby pandas can have seriously loud sneezes!!

roy
30th May 2013, 08:20
Hi Carol,
No you can download thousands free for a month thereafter Spotify charge 5.00 a month,find it god send can't open or load CDs
Or DVDs its truly great.

Roy

Rory
30th May 2013, 21:46
Hi Rory,

Could always use the filled holes for zebra fish breeding. Then open up a zebra fish sushi bar!!!!! The possibilities of endless zebra fish delicacies!!! Freeda might not be good at emptying the holes but can certainly fill them. Maybe not so good for the zebra fish though.

Carol

Hic

I am concerned that the holes at the moment can't be viewed from the side , as with a normal fish tank. I want to see that they aren't mis behaving - just breeding of course

Rory

Laila
30th May 2013, 22:30
Rory,

That is a good idea, side less holes. All we would need then is a bottomless hole, and then we could sell fresh air. Not good for the zebra fish though. Wait a minute we already have a bottomless hole in the current economy.

PS hope you got my pm.

Carol

Laila
3rd June 2013, 23:38
One for Pete, I like Meerkats honest, they're cute.

http://youtu.be/drzq1x0mqjo

Carol

pete
4th June 2013, 13:23
Hi Carol,

Thanks for that, when i have a down day, not often have to admit , I spend time watching anything about Meerkats, think of it as my G&Ts time!!
Hope your getting some decent weather up your part of the World, we have been very lucky 3 whole days of sunshine !!!!

Regards
Pete
XX

berdbrain
5th June 2013, 00:10
Hi guys, just to say that I'm having the G&Ts but forgetting to post on this thread!!!!! never mind, it's better than posting maudling posts and forgetting the G&Ts!!!
I think I will forever be allowed to add as many kisses as I like now!
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXDebbieXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX to you all XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Laila
5th June 2013, 00:18
HI Debbie,

Im having the G&TS. I don't have a problem in forgetting to post on this thread, in fact it seems kind of cool. The problem thereafter is forgetting what I have posted on the thread. This comes with G&TS ism. But that is the point. I think we need to make kisses mandatory for the club membership.

XxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxLailaxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxX

Hic.

john
7th June 2013, 09:26
Hi Carol,
Posted yesterday evening on alstdi!

For what it's worth I spend about $40 a month on vitamins and supplements. Aspirin, colostrum, mixed vit E, multi vit+minerals(no iron), B12 and D3. Diet is horrible, meals-on-wheels. Maybe cheap food is the answer. Most important, daily gin and tonic.
Not being flippant but as a PALS of 20+ years. As Olly says, every case different. Dxd in 1993 by 6 ALS neuros. Have been on most ALS groups and chats since 1999.
Really appreciate all the hard work that goes into this forum. Had to register to read now. Not a good move.
Current status: Movement in all muscles, no walking, combing hair etc. Can eat, breathe and talk. Wish any of my experience would help at all.

Barbara

John

Laila
7th June 2013, 22:30
Hi John,

Thanks for the info on G&TS. Good to see there are G&TS club members on other forums demonstrating health benefits! Slainte and Cheers.

Hic,

Laila

Rory
8th June 2013, 20:11
Hi all

It must be opening time somewhere in the world

Time for a G&T - ice and slice

Cheers

Rory

roy
8th June 2013, 20:20
Hi Rory,

How the devil are you, your right its opening time now.

Cheers everyone.

Roy.

Laila
8th June 2013, 22:36
Hi Roy and Rory,

Definitely opening time. Raising a glass. Cheers, Slainte.

Hic

Carol

Rory
9th June 2013, 11:41
Hi Roy
I am fine - just the strength in the arms and fingers now makes it harder to do posts unfortunately - hence the void of abuse coming your way !

A blessing in disguise, eh?

Been busy with 3 trips to Wembley in 5 days, a day at Lingfield races, a visit to a golf day at Richmond where I met severa
Mates coming off the 18th, doctors visit for Botox, new arrival of Mercedes wheelchair car , getting used to motorised wheelchair, Thames Ditton summer fair, visit to Shepperton lock and many more local trips in our glorious weather !
Apart from that nothing really !emails and posting a bit behind but still read them !
Still got my "L" plates on !more G&T s required - not the Moto GT sort !,

Must go - off to paint my white fish with some black stripes

Cheers

Rory

Laila
10th June 2013, 22:55
Hi Rory,

Phew, that's a lot of travelling. I hope the Mercedes wheelchair car has suitable acceleration. I saw a customised mobility scooter at the Isle of Man TT race on TV. It sounded a bit like a race bike.

Laila

roy
11th June 2013, 10:04
Hi Rory,

We have A WAV now, asked the better half for a good looking WAG but come back with a popemobile.I too have been practicing
with an electric wheelchair fitting an air horn is a must together with crushing door frames and unsuspecting leg shins,hence the loud
air horn.Good to see people jump in shopping malls gives them a bit of excitement.

Tally ho.

Roy.

berdbrain
11th June 2013, 20:47
Hi all, really laughing at the thought of you Roy 'running wild in the shopping mall'
Rory hope the botox is good for you, it certainly cut down on the old kitchen roll supplies for my sis..you do have that debonair image to maintain!
Carol, slainte, enjoy a glass of montepulciano d'abruzzo.....at the mo, I like to mix it up!!!!
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXBBXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXX

Laila
11th June 2013, 22:42
Hii,

OO er Montepulciano d'Abruzzo. I used to enjoy a red wine (or two) but prefer G&TS now. Rioja was one of my favourites. Enjoy.

Hic

Carol

Rory
12th June 2013, 12:42
Roy
The Botox makes me make a false smile even when the missus has made a smell ! Oops back on the naughty step and a beating to go with it !
I was lucky to have a good practice run knocking into Bayern and Dortmund fans - there were bodies everywhere !
They won't be back in a hurry

Advice - don't send the missus out shopping !

Chocs away !

Rory

berdbrain
12th June 2013, 21:22
I'm sorry Rory you crossed the line...the beautiful Irene can't possible do anything other be always fragrant (excuse the reference to Mary Archer, no offence intended)
As for the football reference I don't understand it...but then I'm blonde (bottled, of course) a translation please Roy or Pete or John...or anyone?
I've got to go now....my lemon slicer isn't working at the mo...well he's got to have 40 winks every now and then hasn't he!!!!!
hic hic...I love you all XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXDebbieXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Laila
12th June 2013, 22:26
Hi Debbie,

I think G&TS are just fine without the lemon slices. In fact without the tonic sometimes.

Rory - maybe you need some of those blade things on the wheels that they used in the colosseum on the chariots. Then you can cut swathes through the enemy line of fans.

Hic,

Laila

roy
12th June 2013, 23:34
Hi Debbie,

The references to football were that Rory had the fortune to watch two German teams play the champion league final at wembley,
Rory did the honours of congratulating the German supporters by crushing their shins,as a result of the pain caused
By penalty shoot outs lost by English teams with the exception of Chelsea.

Chin chin x

berdbrain
13th June 2013, 18:31
AAAAh I see...thanks for the explanamation Roy, yes I know that's not a word but I like it! I'm glad we're knocking the Germans about a bit...no offence to any Germans on here, I simply meant in a metaphorical sense regarding the football shenanigans.
It's Pimms O'clock somewhere now so indeed chin chin Roy...tonight I shall be mainly drinking red wine, it is nearly the week end after all.
Carol you are quite right about the naked gin being just fine.............but seriously there's nothing more refreshing than Gordon's or Tanqueray with Schweppes and ice and a slice...............hic..........
with love to you all xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxBBxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxx

Laila
13th June 2013, 22:31
Hi Debbie, Straight gin only a necessity if I run out of tonic. Major crisis was averted today. I ran out of gin !!! Luckily a friend arrived and was sent off to the shop to get some. So back on course with G@Ts being consumed. Only for medicinal purposes at night though, honest.

Hic,
Carol

Rory
14th June 2013, 15:33
Hi all

Roy is spot on with his answer about the Germans and footy ! And not forgetting their relatives who torpedoed my old man's ship in the Med !
He luckily survived clinging to a bit of wood for six hours. He was the ships chef - he meant no harm - all in a days work !

The blades on the side of the chair would be good - does anyone have Charlton Heston's phone number ?

Sorry to here about the lemon slicer Debbie - you can't get the staff !

Laila get your supplies in - we could be in for a long hot summer - well down south we might be !

Cheers

Rory

Laila
23rd June 2013, 00:31
Phew, Saturday night and no G&TS clubbers out and about??? Ive been playing games on my iPad. If anyone fancies a game of words with friends on iPad then give me a shout. It's a good game. Hugsz carol.

Laila
30th June 2013, 22:56
Maybe one for the G&TS club . Big Brother!!! Nooo. Not the forum moderators but the show on Channel 5. A few G&TS and it all makes perfect sense in a kind of weird and wonderful way. Any other BB fans???

Hic,

Laila

Rory
30th June 2013, 23:20
I don't know about watching Big Brother when we have our own Andrew watching us !
Brazil v Spain has much more appeal as does a G&T

BB v MOTD = G&T. OK

Just my initial thought

Rory

Andrew
2nd July 2013, 11:39
I don't know about watching Big Brother when we have our own Andrew watching us !
Brazil v Spain has much more appeal as does a G&T

BB v MOTD = G&T. OK

Just my initial thought

Rory

Thanks Rory. :rolleyes: Can you please come to the diary room?

Laila
2nd July 2013, 21:21
MM, does this mean an eviction vote is due??? Great idea a diary room. Big brother we need one!!!

Hic

Laila

Rory
2nd July 2013, 23:46
What is a diary room - blind date or something ?

berdbrain
8th July 2013, 21:57
Since we don't have a champagne thread I'll have to make do with a G&T!!
The baby arrived 9 days ago and weeks early. She is of course the most beautiful baby girl and proud mum and dad and baby are all doing well. It was very emotional of course for lynne's son, but life goes and new life comes and we are soo happy. I am very happy but that is mixed with tears because if only she could have had another couple of months, she could have cuddled the baby girl.....I'm never satisfied am I!
Anyway we have a bit of her back in the baby and I shall extra love her to bits for my sister, I kept thinking what can I do that's extra special for the baby so I got the most beautiful picture of my sister with a quote from The Little Prince by Antoine de Saint Exuperey about seeing our loved ones in the stars, and that is going up on the nursery wall, so her gigi's(granny) face will be part of her life straight away.
I think I'll say chin chin, slainte, bottoms up roy and rory the sun's well over the yardarm now...is that a real word or have I made it up?
giving you all my premium kisses...enjoy this sunny weather, we've waited so long...
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXDebbieXXXXXXXXXXX
p.s. I'm glad my kisses are being used by special people John, Roy and Rory as I said before I have pretty much got infinity credit now on kisses!

Laila
8th July 2013, 23:32
Hi Debbie, congrats on baby, and the picture sounds great.

Slainte, Hic,

Carol

john
8th September 2013, 15:58
More good news Carol.

Not Gin, but Tonic Water has Quinine in it. Hence drinking a Gin & Tonic before bed should help with cramps. And then smoke a joint and say goodbye to cramps. It works for me.
-Jeff

Laila
8th September 2013, 16:11
John, I like that idea, I haven't quite got sorted with the joints though. But hey I don't get any cramps :). Carol

john
8th September 2013, 17:35
Always good to have the info even if you don't need it. May I suggest you don't get the cramps because you are already taking the cure!

John

Ellie
13th September 2013, 15:24
Hi Carol et al,
Mescal and I don’t mix well! Or at least we didn’t 25 years ago when I was a student working in the States and I haven’t had it since. Thankfully I discovered gin, or better still, the Singapore Sling!
Has anyone tried medicinal cannabis (nabiximols) to relieve spasticity?
Ellie.

Laila
13th September 2013, 15:34
Hi Ellie, erm what's the Singapore sling? I haven't tried medicinal cannabis but am interested in it as well. Carol

Ellie
13th September 2013, 15:54
A deliciously drinkable gin-based cocktail, which unfortunately I haven't had for a while.
Yeah, medicinal cannabis is of interest and I reckon it has fewer side effects than what I take.

Laila
14th September 2013, 22:47
GRRRR. Im bereft of big brother. Noooo not Andrew, all hail Andrew. But the TV show. Once my carers have tucked me up and poured me a G&TS (or three) i have amused myself recently by watching Big Bro on my iPad then Celebrity big brother. Now they have all finished apart from the G&TS :( . I can't even generate new business models on swimming pool holes. I think Frank as a new G&TS member can come up with the new spark on getting canal boats moving while drinking mescal and listening to Marvin Gaye full blast. I only hope we can negotiate the locks?.?.. Laila xxxxxxxxxxx

Terry
14th March 2014, 16:51
Just to let you all know Laila is ok.

I emailed her two weeks back and she replied saying, " thanks for the racing dates. My hands are not working very well, so I am limited in what I can do on websites. I'm getting good care at the care home."

Cheers Terry

Smudge
14th March 2014, 18:34
That's lovely to hear Terry. Please pass on my love and best wishes and tell her I'll raise a glass to her later.

Wendy x

miranda
14th March 2014, 19:08
I heard from her last week and she regularly checks into our forum musings.

berdbrain
16th March 2014, 17:48
Hi all, especially Laila, now I'm no Rory or Roy or even come close to your sense of humour Laila, but with the weather being so nice and you talking about canal boats....maybe you can have a tie in with the motorbike thread and the canal boats and perhaps Frank and the rest of the MND bike angels could tie the rope of the canal boat to a few bikes and pull it along, while Laila has her carers ensure that G and T or Chardonnay or a cocktail of some sort is regularly pumped through to give her a serene look like a swan on the water. CC could then send some home made Italian anti pasti via her pigeon post....that would make for a lovely afternoon.
I hope you enjoyed the sun today Laila, I shall be having a gin and tonic, well actually an apple and blackberry gin and tonic that my sister in law made, it is a wonderful pink colour when the tonic is added and is a really refreshing drink, hic hic.
with love (and I wish Rory could have upgraded this post as he so often did god Bless him)
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXberdbrainXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXX

Jangobie
16th March 2014, 20:52
So glad that Laila is doing ok. Like Debbie I have been thinking of her and Rory what with F1 and the Six Nations. Your post Debbie was great and in said in the way that Rory would have. Take care everyone. Love Diane

Frank
19th March 2014, 01:58
It's great to hear Laila is doing well. Thanks for the update Terry.

Debbie, the bikes towing the boat reminded me of being offered to be 'bump started' by another boat owner last year; we had run the batteries flat and couldn't get the engine started. It took ages for me to try and explain (via Jacky and the iPad) the flaw in his plan:D:D
xx Frank

pete
10th March 2015, 17:02
This is a real treat,read it

berdbrain
10th March 2015, 17:46
Are you fingers not working too well, or your laptop keys not responding to your touch?! do you mean ...'this is a real thread, read it'? either way, it sure brings back memories of wonderful, inspirational, funny, witty and wise people who are no longer with us...thanks for that Pete...I can't get an old thread up...you've treated me to a lovely blast from the past.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxDebbiexxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxoooooooo

Jangobie
10th March 2015, 17:52
Oh lovely memories. It does us good to look back and remember. Our friends that are no longer with us,but their humour and love lingers on.

miranda
10th March 2015, 20:15
Wonderful memories - just good fun!

Davetherave
10th March 2015, 22:47
Hi Pete

Great memories there - Hole selling, Eurovision and G & T's!! :D

All the best, Dave..

pete
11th March 2015, 17:58
Hi Pete

Great memories there - Hole selling, Eurovision and G & T's!! :D

All the best, Dave..

Hi Dave,
I guess I preferred the wit and nonsensical posts from guys and gals who never offended anyone by any comments in fact I don't even remember any even mentioning there own situations preferring to just make the best of what life threw at them. I even forgave Rory for being a Banker !.
Pete

Springtime
11th March 2015, 18:17
Hi Pete, I was not fortunate enough to have come across Laila or Rory. But thanks for putting back this thread, extremely funny and so nice to read it has never offended. It's good to have a little fun.

springtime

bakeit Forum