PDA

View Full Version : Dog Lovers

fishmate12
30th May 2013, 02:03
Most of us at some time in our lives, have lost "a gift of unconditional love"

For those of you who have never loved a dog, your soul's missing something.

Kleenex out, blokes as well!!

How sad it was that until now, i could not write a line

To help me through this hardship, and to ease this awful pain.

The sorrow and the emptiness, the raw and biting fear,

Would overwhelm and blur out, every line I'd write, with tears.

You were my loved companion for so many happy years,

That I could not imagine how i'd live without you here.

Our mornings had become routine, we settled over time;

With evenings full of patterns that, are blueprints in my mind.

Beside me by my bed at night, we'd slumber, each in place;

And in the morning without fail, i'd wake to your sweet face.

We'd lumber down with sleepy eyes, i'd let you out to play,

While making tea and coffee, i'd get your breakfast underway.

We'd cuddle and we'd hug, and if I had to go to work,

You'd wait for me so patiently for then, when I'd return.

I'd beep the horn to say i'm home, and as I reached the door,

I'd see you through your window, and my heart would always soar.

The moment that I'd step inside, such greetings we would have;

For whether only minutes, or If hours - you'd be glad.

You'd wag and wiggle, sing and hug, you'd circle till you dropped,

Onto the floor where then we'd cuddle, while you howled and talked.

Our days and nights consisted of, our little family;

For to you, I was mummy, and with daddy, that made three.

We'd play with all the toys you loved, your Frisbee and your ball,

Your tug ring and your rope toy, and the tire in the yard.

You had such clear expression, and our hearts would fill with pride,

As little children visited, and learned of your gentle side.

And even in our quiet times, relaxing in the den,

My eyes would always seek you out, and lock on yours - and then,

You'd give a little sigh and wag, and promptly jump right up,

To come to my familiar arms, And cuddle like a pup.

The years passed by too quickly, though I know that time can't dim,

The memories that I have with you, Will always stay within.

You were a part of every day I woke, from the break of dawn to dusk;

You were my child I knew was there, through good times and through rough.

And when we said goodbye to you, and held you in our arms,

You fell to sleep one final time, and moved into God's arms.

I like to think that now you have been freed from all that pain;

And now you're roaming up above, To live life all again.

You had a lot of loved ones, Who have passed ahead of you;

And somehow I am comforted, to know they're there for you.

I'm sure that when you saw them there, to welcome you along,

You wiggled, wagged and talked to them, for there, you now belong.

So though you may have freedom, and your heart is light and free;

I'm still down here, my little one, just struggling daily.

And maybe it was you, who watched And whispered to me then -

You know your mummy cannot cope, Without a furry friend.

Instead of crying evermore, each time I see your toy;

Or walk around where your bowl sat, Or listen for your sighs.

You knew I couldn't handle yet, another lonely night;

Where every move is habit, and I search for you each night.

So thank you my dear little one, for helping me again;

For giving just a little nudge, to help me ease the pain.

I felt you there beside me, as we searched for a new pup;

While gently pushing me along, until we found the spot.

And just as you had been the one, to pick your dad and mum;

I think you must have been nudging, our newest little one.

For as I moved toward this little furball, and he turned -

There was no question in his eyes, nor in my heart either.

It happened just as surely as i'd seen you standing there -

Perhaps you'd whispered, don't miss them, they're special and they care.

So on this day, I will bring home, our newest furry love;

And in this, I take comfort that, you'll watch us from above.

ccinjersey
30th May 2013, 04:17
YAY, I take it your a fellow dog lover Ray :)

Oh here we go, don’t get me started about the dogs, you would be preaching to the choir LOL

Yes totally and heart fully agree, they are God’s gift to us. Just look at what they can do with their amazing abilities. Acts of bravery, heroism, and unbelievable loyalty that I personally believe we will never fully understand. They have power and ability to Rescue us, Search for us, See for us and guide us to safety, comfort and love us in sickness and in health, and ask for nothing in return.

A lot we human’s can learn from just watching the dogs. They respect their old and their young, and never kill each other senselessly. A lesson in itself.

Love love love my dogs, all three of them! Had four, but we recently lost our Jenny girl. Took to my bed for 3 days, depressed over her . She was my little buddy went everywhere with me. One of those special dogs that didn’t need to be on a leash because she stood by my side, and listened to everything I asked of her. So amazing and wonderful! I now have her dog collar hanging on the rear view mirror of my car, just so I can feel she is still with me…and still miss her….

Any wonderful dog stories to share? Or just the love for your dog, would love to hear them :)

CCxx

Jangobie
30th May 2013, 14:20
Hi Ray and CC, we have two dachshunds who are the love of our lives. Me as carer when I walk them and talk to them about their Dad and how he is today and Eddy as their Dad who gives them so much love. We could not imagine our lives without them and know it will happen one day, but until then we kiss and cuddle them, share our happiness and tears. They know when I am sad and there is always a loving nose pushed into my hand to stroke. Thanks for the poem Ray.

looby
30th May 2013, 15:21
Hi CC

I thought I would share this. As friends on the forum know my husband Roy passed away in January. What I have never said until now is that our beloved border collie ,Taffy passed away on the same day.

Our Taff was rescued by us five years ago. He went everywhere with us - we were keen hill walkers and he spent his life wandering the hills and mountains every weekend and holiday. Just like Roy he loved Cornwall , bounding along the cliffs and the beaches, chasing his ball and resting in the evening with a drink and a juicy treat. Taff loved going out in the car, I often took him with me even if I was just popping to the shops or to the station to collect my daughter Claire. When my grandchildren were born he was fabulous and Joshua has a framed photo of him to this day - they played endless games of ball.

Taffy had always been my dog - obeyed Roy but it was me he followed around the garden, me who fed him and walked him in the afternoons when I got home from school. However when Roy fell ill Taff became his dog. Taffy sat beside him every day, slept by the side of his bed and welcomed the many 'new friends' who came to our house to support us both as the illness progressed. He also walked alongside the hoist as we moved Roy around the house, the wheelchair and scooter when we went out --he drove my son mad as he insisted on being as close as possible!!

Taffy had always been healthy and we had aged him at about four when he came to us so it was a shock when, the weekend before Roy passed away, he fell ill and had to have emergency surgery. I slept on the sofa that night with his basket next to me. Taffy seemed to pull through and the drugs seemed to be working , but that Tuesday evening he deteriorated --exactly as Roy also became very poorly. That night as we kept vigil over my husband our beloved Taff curled up in basket for one last time and passed peacefully away. Some hours later my husband also passed away in his sleep.

Many people have said that our faithful lad went ahead to wait for his master, they are walking the byways together now. As a fitting end I had Taff' cremated and his ashes were placed in Roy's coffin, now they will always be together.

Now with the encouragement of my children I have another rescue border collie . He is young and full of life and gets me out of the house and back to walking again, but Taff was my once in a lifetime dog.

Lyn

Terry
30th May 2013, 19:25
I'm not a great lover of dogs, certainly in the house because that's my place by the fire. But if you can get one like this I might change my mind.

www.youtube.com/embed/PztO-OvzRyg

You will have to copy and paste it, sorry but it's worth a look.

Laila
30th May 2013, 19:42
Hi Terry,

Great clip, I will have one of them!!! it's the reverse situation here, I have to do all of the running around for the dog :(

Carol

john
30th May 2013, 20:59
Great clip Terry even though I had to paws (groan) partway through because I am getting dinner ready.

John

caz
30th May 2013, 21:07
I am allergic to dogs and we never had one even though rob would have liked one so have sponsored a dog for the blind for two years.its called flint so will hopefully be of great use once fully trained.caroline xx

ccinjersey
31st May 2013, 03:25
Yes they really are such loves Jangobie, I think a person really has to share that bond with a dog to understand it.

Such a beautiful story Lyn, thanks for sharing it. Made me cry, only reaffirms their ability to provide so much comfort when needed. Your Taffy took it to another whole level, waiting on the other side for him. Amazing dog! Have you heard of ‘Rainbow Bridge’? You can Google it, and see some beautiful images and the story of it. It really provides comfort over the loss of a family pet. One can only hope it truly exists and if it does, no doubt your Taffy went there first, and patiently waited for him. Yes, for sure, a once in a lifetime special dog!!

Haha so cute Terry, don’t think there would be any need for animal shelters if we all can get one like that!

Ok, my turn to share...:)

Our first family dog was Joe, a big shepherd/Husky mix, who’s been gone a few years now. A gift for Hubby to help him with his depression after the events of 9/11, his injuries, and inability to work any longer. Joe was a huge source of comfort and companionship for him.

We wanted a dog companion for Joe, so we got Jenny, a Golden Retriever, definitely my special lifetime dog! Since she was a pure breed, we had a friend who had a male pure breed Golden, and was looking to mate him once before he was neutered, so they mated, and Jenny had 10 puppies!!.

On the last visit to the Vet before Jenny gave birth to her litter, the Vet told me to make sure during the birthing process Joe was not in the room with Jenny. He said, being a dominant male dog, Joe would eat her puppies, because he had the ability to sense they were not of his gene pool and would instinctively extinguish them.

What??! Eat her puppies, gene pool??!! I thought this guy was nuts!! But, actually left there freaking out with fear Joe would eat her puppies!

Jenny went into labor in our family room on a blanket with her family around her. Joe was brought outside onto our deck which leads right off the family room. We have a large French glass door to the deck, that Joe was breaking down in order to get back into the family room to be with Jenny! He was barking and howling like a maniac, jumping up on the door like a madman (I mean mad dog) and since he was so big could have broke thru the glass. I was yelling at my husband to do something!, before he broke the door in, and ate the puppies!

Hubby, being the voice of reason, said the Vet should be shot for doing this to his Joe, and for turning his wife into a basket case, and opened the door to let him in!

Joe literally bolted to Jenny’s side. At this point seven puppies were already born, and Jenny laid there panting in exhaustion. As you know, birthing is messy business, but mother nature does her job and Jenny instinctively knew she had to chew the sack off each puppy, in order for the puppy to breathe. By the eighth puppy Jenny was so exhausted, and as the puppy came out Jenny just laid there, and would not chew off the sack. We all watched becoming panicky, but instinctively Joe came to the rescue, and immediately began to lick the sack!! Gently at first, then forcefully until the puppy came out, then licked the puppy clean!! He did the same for the last two remaining puppies that were born! For six weeks Joe helped her keep her puppies clean, and watched over them like a proud Papa!! :)

Needless to say we no longer use that Veterinarian lol

CCxx

roy
31st May 2013, 12:31
You could say I'm in the dog house,we have to of our own a whippet called Spud and a giant Shauntzer called Jacko.
We look after close friends dogs for holidays and work so we have up to six t any one time.
Big Jack comforts me if I get emotional,puts his feet on my shoulders and washes any tears away.
We've always enjoyed our animals dogs,horses and even an adopted Cat called sunny. She adopted us
In fact and lived in the stables we used to use,we hd her company for 16 years he would join us for walks
Our dogs loved and protected her.

Roy.

fishmate12
4th June 2013, 17:16
Impending Visit to Vet

WHEN IT IS TIME,

When is it time to say goodbye, to all the love I've known,

When is it time to end your pain, and leave me all alone?

I've watched you on your good days when, i feel your strength renewed;

But shortly after little ups, the down days then ensue.

We ride this roller-coaster of, emotions as we try,

To make it through another day, and yet, I can't deny ...

That as I look into your face, on days that have been bad,

I see a look that beckons me, it's tired, and hurt, and sad.

The little spark I used to see, behind those loving eyes,

Is growing ever clouded, by life's cruel inhumane side.

I try to see beyond the pain, you feel with every step;

And softly whisper to myself, this may get better yet.

If I can bear to watch you, just another day or two;

I justify my reasons to, ensure I cling to you.

For letting go is harder for, the person left behind;

It means that if I let you go, i cannot turn back time.

Back to the days I long for now, when you were full of life;

And every day held promise, and our futures, clear and bright.

But now the lights are darkening ..., we take it daily now;

I cannot see our futures clear, or think beyond this cloud.

I think the hardest part in this, is never knowing why,

I have to be courageous, and I have to say goodbye.

For if I let myself admit, it's time to let you go;

I'd have to face reality, without you ... but I know ...

That soon I have to face the, final outcome that I dread,

And holding on will only serve, to hurt you in the end.

You've given such unselfish love, for all our time in life,

But if I hold too tightly, you'll not move t'ward the light ...

On to a better life, where you can once again be free,

Of all the pain and discomfort, that holds you here to me.,

So if I find the courage just to say, this last farewell,

I hope you will forgive me for, the time it took me; still ...

I'll hold with me, the memories, that in my heart remain,

Pray one day, down the road a'ways, ... They'll lessen my own pain.

ccinjersey
5th June 2013, 13:15
After the impending Vet visit…

The Rainbow Bridge

By the edge of the woods, at the foot of a hill, is a lush green meadow where time stands still.
Where the friends of man and woman do run, when their time on earth is over and done.

For here, between this world and the next, is a place where each beloved creature finds rest.
On this golden land, they wait and play, till the Rainbow Bridge they cross over on day.

No more do they suffer, in pain or sadness, for here they are whole, their lives filled with gladness
Their limbs are restored, their health renewed, their bodies have healed with strength imbued.

They romp through the grass, without even a care, until one day they stop and sniff the air.
All ears prick forward, eyes dart front and back, then all of a sudden one breaks from the pack.

For you have been spotted, and just for that instant eyes have met, together again you and your beloved pet.
So they run to each other, these friends from long past, the time of their parting is over at last.

The sadness each felt while they were apart, has turned into joy once more in each heart.
They embrace with love that will last forever, and then side by side they cross over Rainbow Bridge together.

CCxx

fishmate12
19th June 2013, 01:30
And after the Rainbow Bridge.....

Missing You

I stood by your bed last night, i came to have a peep.

I could see that you were crying. you found it hard to sleep.

I whined to you softly as you brushed away a tear,

"It's me, i haven't left you, i'm well, i'm fine, i'm here."

I was close to you at breakfast, i watched you pour the tea,

You were thinking of the many times, your hands reached down to me.

I was with you at the shops today, your arms were getting sore.

I longed to take your parcels, i wish I could do more.

I was with you at my grave today, you tend it with such care.

I want to re-assure you, that i'm not lying there.

I walked with you towards the house, as you fumbled for your key.

I gently put my paw on you, i smiled and said "It's me."

You looked so very tired, and sank into a chair.

I tried so hard to let you know, that I was standing there.

It's possible for me to be so near you everyday.

To say to you with certainty, "I never went away."

You sat there very quietly, then smiled, I think you knew...

in the stillness of the evening, that i was very close to you.

The day is over... i smile and watch you yawning

and say "Good-night, God bless, i'll see you in the morning."

And when the time is right for you, to cross the brief divide,

I'll rush across to greet you and we'll stand, side by side.

I have so many things to show you, there is so much for you to see.

Be patient, live your journey out... then come home to be with me.

ccinjersey
19th June 2013, 02:09
Hey Mr. Ray are you intentionally trying to make me cry? lol still missing my Jenny girl, can only hope the above are true :)

CC

fishmate12
9th July 2013, 01:33
A good dog story, with photos,

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8thrqdf1x0psesr/Fwd%20The%20best%20dog%20story.msg

fishmate12
30th July 2013, 01:09
Dogs and People,

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zrmdtm23unib19j/DogsAndPeople.pps

fishmate12
26th August 2013, 01:09
Underwater Dogs, using a High Resolution Camera,

https://www.dropbox.com/s/y7tki58dat4wcnw/Fw%20Dogs%20underwater.msg

ccinjersey
4th October 2013, 13:30
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xEX-48RHCY

Watch this guy! So cute makes me want to jump in and play too!!

CCxx

fishmate12
20th October 2013, 00:01
Some great one's on this link,

http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?feature=player_embedded&v=VRgQaOOZRo4

koolsilver
20th October 2013, 02:15
Here is Megan our Border Collie, we cant walk as far as we used to, I do not have the breath.

ccinjersey
20th October 2013, 14:48
Oh she's a beauty Mike, did you know Border Collies rank # 1 in the smarts department. She looks like a smart cookie too! :)

CCxxx

fishmate12
28th October 2013, 01:28
V I P Dogs, some really funny,

https://www.dropbox.com/s/u9mj1qf95zhrio8/dogVIP.pps

ccinjersey
28th October 2013, 23:45
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ofpYRITtLSg

They really are amazing! Not only man's best friend, but dog's best friend too!! :)

rustygates
31st October 2013, 19:14
Hi all, having read the previous messages, I feel I need to add my own feelings about my faithful companion MAC a border collie that was a pup from my wife's uncle who farms in South Devon,he arrived in North Wales at 9weeks old, and had the temperment of his father Bob a working sheepdog,he was gentle and very intelligent and Mac has grown up the same, we started training him simple commands at 3months old and at 6month s he could sit-lie-fetch and walk along the road without a lead etc, over the years we have walked 150mls from Prestatyn in the North of Wales to Chepstow in the South,and various other long distance and short distance all over the UK,he is now 13yrs old and deteriorating slowly inc pancreas problems, so no more walks and as I am not walking and also deteriorating quite quickly,we both are in the twilight of our lives,i am still 100% positive and currently at a Hospice recovering from a DVT,so my Mac has been my inspiration and my guide,he once brought me down from Dartmoor which was covered in thick fog and came from nowhere and not seeing a foot in front of me,and he led me for at least 2 miles back to the car,without him God Knows where i would have ended up.

Terry
13th November 2013, 18:07
Hi Folks;

Here's a picture of Roy's dog, "Little Jack". Not sure who the chap is in the back ground:) still Jack looks lovely.

I am sorry it.s so small, I cannot seem to make it bigger, but you click on it to make it larger.

fishmate12
20th December 2013, 02:06
Some beauties here,

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wsy97etfxquphsu/cute%20dogs.msg

ccvsd
22nd December 2013, 21:58
Lovely poem with such a wonderful ending.

We got a dog last year. I loved chasing her and throwing chalk on the beach for her, we'd bundle each other over. I can't do that now, but we still enjoy a snuggle on the sofa and she comes for a cuddle in the morning before I get out of bed.

I don't know how I've managed to live so long without having a dog! And I'm surprised by how much they have in common with people!

fishmate12
11th August 2014, 01:16
Get the tissues out Ladies, have a good blow at this one

Upon this day I reminisce,..With sadness and regret
The loss of my beloved Special "child"...my one and only pet.
It's been a year of longing,...Wishing you'd return to me ...
For though you left one year ago,...I cannot "set you free".

Though time has made it easier,...To go from day to day ...
No one can understand the,..."Special" role your life did play.
For every day you were a part,...Of love and joy and life ...
You had a way that focussed me,...And lessened daily strife.

I'd hurry home to see your face,...Behind that window pane;
Where wiggles, hugs and cuddles,...Brightened up the worst of days.
And now I sit, with eyes tear filled,...You are not by my side;
And when I see the window,...It is bare and bleak inside.

Emotions, they are raw today,...I'm simply torn apart ...
For hollow, wrenching feelings,...Tear apart this very heart.
An emptiness, that's deeper than,...The oceans ... fill my soul;
A painful hunger bites my,...Inner self beyond control.

For though time healed the daily wounds,...I wore upon my sleeve,
I shelter from the world outside,...Just what you meant to me.
No children was I blessed to have,...My womb was barren ... yet,
You filled the void my darling one,...My sweet and lovely pet.

To me, you were more human,...Than some others I have known ...
You gave such love and tenderness;...it was deep within your soul.
Now spring is here, and little things,...We loved now cause me harm ...
The walks we'd take around the yard,...No longer hold their charm.

We're packing just to get away,...And leave this home we've lived ...
For without you to share this with,...I get no joy from it.
I see you as I turn each step,...I watch for you each day ...
Oh little one, I miss you so,...... Much more than words can say.

Well i blooming warned you, sob, sob, sob...

bakeit Forum