PDA

View Full Version : EEK what to do aboutmice in robs garden

caz
17th July 2013, 18:50
I was sitting lastnight at top of garden where we created a lovely sanctuary for rob with solar lights honeysuckle orange blossom when i saw a mouse!igot some mousetraps todaybecause i seriously cannot relax there at all now.i sat for ages with the hosepipe waiting to get him but the second i put it down the little blighter runs past me.its rather comical really but i reallyhate mice and its become my missionto get rid of it .any ideas as he is chasing me out my special place where i sit in the morning and night as robs ashes are there where he asked to be.scaredy cat caroline lol xxxxxxx

pete
17th July 2013, 19:34
Caz,

Maybe a little time for reflection , as the little critter is not taken residence in your house , My advice ,baring in mind I dislike killing any living thing , take the view that everything has a right to life, and countless of his relatives have suffered horrible tests in research ,I think you should cut him/Her some slack in this instance and try to come to terms that you are in his domain, We have a nest under our shed and I spend hours watching them carrying the bird seed back to the nest ,so do try to overcome your unease with the little animal as long as he is there you won't be bothered in your house ,and he is more afraid of you , I personally would prefer those to some so called human beings that we seem to have around these days, I wish you a peaceful co existence .

Pete
XX

Laila
17th July 2013, 23:51
personally I like mice as long as not in house and im with Pete on the not killing ethics. But I could lend you neighbours cat and my dog :cool:

john
18th July 2013, 06:21
Hi Caz,
I have a similar visitor scurrying about my back garden which I am afraid is well on the way to returning to nature.( the garden not the mouse). I am not a big fan of mice and in the past we have owned cats which seem to cure the problem. I am not a Buddhist but do like a lot of their philosophy. It may be that Irene, who like Rob , loved her garden has found a way back! Just in case you maybe should be trying to befriend, it may prove therapeutic. There was a frog hopping about on Sunday but I resisted the urge to kiss and see if it would turn into a princess.

I think princesses are very high maintenance and in retirement I don't think that would be on.

Have a nice day and just be careful with that mouse.

John

caz
18th July 2013, 08:59
Thanks for your guidance i dont want to kill it but the trap ibought traps it inside alive.i even capture spiders and put them inthe garden as katy is scared of them.john it did cross my mind about buddhism too so will try and share my space with him.i think its going to be amusing as this morning the trap has definitely moved so if its fun andgames it wants bring it on lol!everyone have a lovely day .lots oflove.caroline xxxx

john
18th July 2013, 09:16
Hi Caz,
If the trap has moved and there is no mouse inside it is obviously smarter than the average and trying to tell you something!

John

caz
19th July 2013, 21:24
Well i admit defeat.today out wanders bobby as we have nicknamed him.i popped a plastic plant pot over him and put a brick on top.my daughter said shed come round and take a picture so i looked under to check him.didnt put the brick on top and walked away.two minutes later a mouse comes running by like grease lightening.omg i thought ive got a damn nest of them.went back to the container lifted it up and hed gone!!!!!so i guess he stays lol.in fact he has just this second sauntered past me so i give up.i was going to pop him over the wall next door which has been empty for months so he probably came from there to start with.at least it has given us a much needed laugh.lots of love as always .caroline xxx

Laila
19th July 2013, 22:46
I think Bobby sounds cute. Definitely a stayer. carol

pete
20th July 2013, 16:05
Aww Caz,

That's nice giving him/her a name, I am certain in time you will become more at ease with the visitor, just be careful you don't become as daft as I am about animals , having said that next door but ones moggie(cat) has just had a cooling shower as a reward for his persistence after the mice ,doubt it will put him off for long , anyway hope your well and enjoy the new guest.

X

bakeit Forum