PDA

View Full Version : first the mouse now the cat !!!!!!

caz
21st July 2013, 23:43
Sitting with katy tonight who is recovering from her knee operation on friday when the horrible cat from a neighbour who killed our budgie last year waltzed straight past us and up the stairs!! I ran after it it but couldnt see the darnedthing anywhere.after ten mins of calling it i lifted up katys mattress and it shot out from under the bed down the stairs and out theback door about 90 miles an hour with me in hotpursuit.katy fell about laughing.i swear to god that rob is up there tormenting me lol.so thats the mouse and the cat this week just like an episode of tom andjerry.wonder whats next mmmmm.lots of love as always.caroline xxx

Laila
22nd July 2013, 00:11
Caroline,

Sounds like you need my dog :cool: Carol

john
22nd July 2013, 01:04
Hi Carol and Caroline,
I've never met a dog that didn't come off worst from confronting a cat but they ar probably out there. At least if he cat is inside it is not chasing bobby.

John

caz
22nd July 2013, 21:59
Hi laila katy was very excited about your offer lol,but have already sponsored a blind dog so she will have to wait.besides i am for the first time ever putting myself first and am planning to go to pompei next year with my sister.i am my new project and need to lose four stone by next year so will keep you posted.katy said if i got a dog id get more execise.she never gives up lol.shes still on crutches and bored out of her mind.love.caroline xxxxxx

Laila
23rd July 2013, 01:03
Hi Caroline, Ive been to Pompeii, just amazing. Carol

caz
23rd July 2013, 02:40
Hi carol.did you fly there.not very good with planes thinking about a mini cruise depending on cost but ive seen so many programmes on it am determined to get there.need to broaden my horizons!lots of love.caroline xxx

john
23rd July 2013, 07:29
Hi Caz,
How do you get on with coach trips.

http://www.leger.co.uk/tours/irp/Rome_Pompeii__and__Picturesque_Capri/Itinerary

This gives you Rome and Capri too. All beautiful places and a drive bough France presumably!

John

Doesn't promise you Brendan but should mean you don't get voted off.

Laila
23rd July 2013, 09:53
Hi Caroline, I went to the Amalfi coast a few times staying in Maiori and then took a bus and train from there to get to Pompeii. Once flew to Naples to get to Maiori, another time flew to Rome and hired a car driving down to Maiori, being adventurous. Flying to Naples wasn't too expensive. The Amalfi coast is beautiful. Sorrento is the usual destination there but I liked Maiori. Carol

john
23rd July 2013, 10:15
Hi Caz,
If you want an adventure drive all the way. I did and stayed in Ravello, a beautiful medieval town in the hills above Amalfi. Fantastic views and as Carol says the whole coast is beautiful. Gets interesting when you meet Italian coach drivers who don't back off!. Rewarding to explore. We had lunch one time in Maoiri and at the next table were Gerald Scarf and his wife Jane Asher and their children. Didn't ask for autographs.

John

caz
23rd July 2013, 10:40
Morning john and carol.i am not a very good traveller or drive so probably shortest time may have to be plane.just need areally goodtravel sickness pill.have you ever been on a cruise? Lots of love.caroline xx

john
23rd July 2013, 11:39
Hi Caz,

Here is one from Corfu that gives you the chance to see Pompeii . About 1000 single cabin from Manchester leaves on 16th. Can't see anything saying you can't take mice with you. The trip to Pompeii will cost another 60.

http://www.thomson.co.uk/cruise/itineraries/italian-flavours-itinerary-75.html

Done quite a bit of cruising from 3 to 35 days. Sailed the med in a boat I shared with others for about 15 years. Not exactly 5 star but you got to choose your own travelling companions and dined with the captain (me) every night! On big boats done The Nile, uk south coast visiting gardens - Monet 's, Eden project, tresco,scilly. Crossed the Atlantic for Brazil Mardi Gras and 3 days from Florida to the Bahamas. All amazing.

John

ccinjersey
23rd July 2013, 15:22
LOL From the mouse, to the cat, to the dog, to the cruise, to the Amalfi Coast...I love this post!

CCxx

caz
23rd July 2013, 18:00
Hi john that looks perfect for next year just need to know do you have to get plane on your own or can the firm arrange it?wow you have travelled a lot.hi cc this is our typical british humour lol.this is what is so great about this forum forumwe can be serious when needed and also show a lot of light relief.how is your friend doingbythe way ? Love caroline xx

Smudge
23rd July 2013, 19:59
We're going on a cruise on Friday! We did the Queen Elizabeth round the Western Med for our honeymoon last August, we did Pisa & Rome amongst other places and it was fantastic. This year we're going round the other side and doing Sicily, Venice, Dubrovnik, Corfu, Malta & Gibraltar.
For a really nice, spoil yourself holiday I think their fab - you really do deserve it Caz xx

john
23rd July 2013, 20:16
Hi Caz,
It is a fly cruise so I imagine you fly with Thomson from your local airport to Corfu. East Midlands would probably suit you better but I put in Manchester just to get an idea of price. Sounded good to me .

John

ccinjersey
24th July 2013, 01:54
Hi Caz

I think John is our world traveler, how wonderful for him! Maybe next stop will be New York! You must come too Caroline, and anyone else who wants to come, you guys will have your own personal tour guide! Plenty to see, plenty to do, it really is the City that never sleeps!

How lucky for you guys though to have Europe at your fingertips. For the average American Europe is a world away! A dream vacation (oops sorry meant holiday for you guys lol) that we plan, and plot and save our pennies for. Having gone to Italy, it wasn’t just like leaving the country is was almost like leaving the planet, a completely different way of life then we know.

My dear friend not doing to well these days Caroline, thanks for asking. Wish I had something more positive to report, it’s been one day at a time. I haven’t spoken about her for some time because she is not acknowledging that she has this illness. A difficult situation to say the least.

CCxx

caz
24th July 2013, 11:36
Morning from sunny england cc.what a lovely offer.i think the medcruise sounds good as a starter less time on a plane and still gey to see pompei.rob also didnt want to acknowledge his illness at all.wouldnt come on theforum,which is my lifeline.i had to anticipate the next stage all the way through and deal with all the departments which made it very very hard on me.i just tried to cram in as many good memories for us and the kids as possible.i think people expected me to be weeping all thetime but im a stubborn little madam and always answered the door with a smile and there was a lot of laughter in our house.when we had to get a solicitor to come to our house asr ob couldnt sign anything,so we needed legal power of attorney, to allow me to sign on his behalf,he said to the solicitor i dont know why we need that shes signed everything for the last 30 years anyway !!!!i do miss him so but at the moment am sitting at the top of the garden where his ashes are so soi find that very comforting.well i have rambled on a bit ,sorry about that.will now go and buy some roses for the garden.lots of love as always.caroline( or should that be rambling rose lol) xxx

bakeit Forum