PDA

View Full Version : overbed/overchair table

Jo Burkimsher
4th August 2013, 08:24
Hello all

I am looking for a height adjustable overbed/overchair table which will be sturdy enough to support a pc monitor plus swivel stand (the stand is reasonable heavy but not ridiculously so) The tables I have seen all feel a bit flimsy and I am frightened everything will come crashing down. Ideally it wouold also have wheels for easily moving it out of the way when not in use.

Please can anyone recommend a product? Thanks in advance

Terry
4th August 2013, 13:41
Hi Jo;
I have one that is very stable and has a horse shoe type base. My one does not tilt which is a bit of a shame as it would put my laptop at a better angle. The other problem that I have with it is how close I can get to it in my reclining chair. It is o k when chair is upright but to far away when reclined. You might be able to get a vanity shelf that slides out underneath, it is available on some tables. You can get some tables that straddle beds and chairs, these would probably be better for reclining chairs but more trouble to use.
Good luck, Terry

PS:- another thing to consider is whether your wheelchair feet rests will go over the horse shoe type, because if not you will be to far away again.

My one can be seen and brought from here.
http://www.arjohuntleigh.co.uk/admin/files/20100720113711.pdf
HUNTLEIGH HEALTHCARE LIMITED Nesbit Evans Products Division
310-312 Dallow Road, Luton,
Bedfordshire, LU1 1TD, United Kingdom
T: +44 (0)1582 413104 F: +44 (0)1582 459100
E: sales.admin@huntleigh-healthcare.com
Rental 24hr Helpline Lo-call T: 08457 342000
www.huntleigh-healthcare.com

Tscott
5th August 2013, 17:58
We got one from Argos and its quite sturdy x

bakeit Forum