PDA

View Full Version : resmed battery

mik
16th October 2013, 11:12
hi guys
i thinking of buying an extra battery for my resmed s9,
i have 1 already but want an extra 1 to enable me to have longer days out.
the problem is price new they are about £450, does anybody know how to get 1 cheaper.
thanks

Alienista606
16th October 2013, 13:23
Hi Mik....
i try to find this on google and for me look like they use just normal car battery ?? this is right?? on extra just battery sack and converter and inverter??

Terry
2nd December 2013, 11:57
Max is right;

Most equipment can be run off of other batteries. You can get an inverter (cost £20 to£50) that will run off of a car cigarette lighter or a 12 volt scooter type one. These inverters provide a normal three pin house hold socket in to which some chargers can be run.
You would have to get an electrician to check out that you are not trying to use too much power.
I run a 2 amp wheelchair charger off it as well as laptop charger.

This type of system does also give you a back up if the mains power fails and I have used it on my bed and rise and recline chair.

If you need me to explain things in more detail, please ask.

Power to the people! Terry

Cookewitch
2nd December 2013, 13:30
This type of system does also give you a back up if the mains power fails and I have used it on my bed and rise and recline chair.

If you need me to explain things in more detail, please ask.

Sounds interesting we had a power cut the other weekend when dad was on the loo so his chair was in the rise position.....fortunately his bed was in a sensible position so I could get him to there. Would love a way to keep those two working when the rest of the electrics has gone kaput?

I need more detail as I don't understand all the battery talk....I have Duracell AAA and I'm thinking they're not going to cut the mustard....?

pete
2nd December 2013, 13:50
Hi CW,
As no one has answered your post, maybe I can, Think caravan on a site,? no electrics and your TV runs on mains 240 ac, only, well a small inverter ( small box of Electronic bits) can be run off a 12v Car battery and out the other end comes the 240v ac needed to power your TV truly magic innit ,,, you will say !!!, or in your case a recliner or anything else, with low current needs, Just be aware that they come in all sizes and the bigger power you need costs more in both battery time running it and money to buy the inverter, many about some good value but the best can be very expensive. Hope thats of some use to you and no the AAA wont do much to be honest,you have a great day

pete

Cookewitch
2nd December 2013, 13:58
Thanks Pete....I will look into an inverter (makes me think of a yoga pose for some strange reason!). :)

Terry
2nd December 2013, 16:38
Alternatively you could buy a " Ring Professional Power Pack with Inverter" from halfords for £120, it has a 300 watt inverter built in that should do the job, I think.

I bought an inverter off ebay for £20 but is not good quality. You can get them from Maplin and places like that. Mine is a 400 Watt 12 volt one. You would also need access to a largish battery. I would suggest a 40 amp hour sealed type for wheelchair and a means of slowly charging it. You would have to make sure that the wires are connected the right way around or have a cigarette female socket fitted to it.

The car back up packs might have all of that already and do the job.

I have an outlet on my wheel chair that I can plug my inverter into so it saves a lot of the trouble.

It is so handy to have a back up but a little complected.

bakeit Forum