PDA

View Full Version : Snowed in again...

ccinjersey
22nd January 2014, 00:40
Weather girl here…

Snowed in again, blizzard conditions, 8 to 14 inches, and freezing cold. A really chilling Winter in US!

To make matters I was heading out to Kennedy Airport today to pick up my daughter from her vacation in Aruba, made it to Brooklyn when got the call her flight was canceled because of weather conditions. She still trying to get a flight back home, not looking good till the weekend :( I guess if you have to get stuck somewhere Aruba would be the place.

Snow is still coming down, beautiful, but that silent eeriness outside, no cars, no people only quiet falling snow, but I got plenty of milk!! Lol Not sure why when predicting a blizzard everyone runs out to grab the milk?? Do they do that in the UK as well??

Trying to keep warm
CC xoxo

Terry
22nd January 2014, 13:30
Hi Cc;

A layer of snow acts like sound insulation and the lack of cars must be pure pleasure. Apart from if you want to get anywhere.

Yes we do panic buy, not sure about milk but any news of a shortage and we are out there buying making sure there is one.

I am sure that you want to know, I think that this has been the warmest winter here since I've been alive and that's a long long time. It has also been one of the wettest.

Hope that you daughter is comfortable, Love Terry

ccinjersey
22nd January 2014, 17:00
Hi Terry

Good to know you all are nice and warm! Lol The rain would be a welcome about now. Going out there to dig myself out again. Still very quiet out there, haven’t heard the sounds of shovels, snow blowers, or snow plows…this can’t be good.

My daughter called to let me know the airlines added more flights to get people home, so she was able to get herself on a late night flight back home tonight. So I will be making the treacherous trek back to Kennedy Airport this evening in the wee hours of the morning, just hope my driving path thru New Jersey, Staten Island, Brooklyn, and finally Queens won’t be to hazardous!! I think jumping out of the plane with Chrissy might be the safer bet !! lol

Oooh what us brave Mama Bears do for love….:)

CC xoxo

ccvsd
22nd January 2014, 17:33
Sounds wonderful and awful together! I hope you all make it back safe and sound.

And the shops do sell out of milk and bread at the first hint of snow. I don't know why people think they are going to consume so much milk and bread just because there is an inch of snow and it's not good to drive for about 2 days.

I live in the mild south east of England, we really do snow in a monumentally pathetic way - apart from panic buying!

Chrissy
22nd January 2014, 17:47
Hi Terry

Good to know you all are nice and warm! Lol The rain would be a welcome about now. Going out there to dig myself out again. Still very quiet out there, haven’t heard the sounds of shovels, snow blowers, or snow plows…this can’t be good.

My daughter called to let me know the airlines added more flights to get people home, so she was able to get herself on a late night flight back home tonight. So I will be making the treacherous trek back to Kennedy Airport this evening in the wee hours of the morning, just hope my driving path thru New Jersey, Staten Island, Brooklyn, and finally Queens won’t be to hazardous!! I think jumping out of the plane with Chrissy might be the safer bet !! lol

Oooh what us brave Mama Bears do for love….:)

CC xoxo

Hi CC

Jumping out of the plane with snow falling would be cool, not going to happen in May lol.

When I first moved to Cornwall I was taking my kids to school in about 1/2" of snow, someone told me that the school would be shut and I didn't believe them, I come from Leeds and we would have laughed at the small amount that had fallen, being North we got much more snow than that, lo and behold school was closed in fact Cornwall closes when it snows.

Hope your journeys are safe, take care

Chrissy

Barry52
22nd January 2014, 17:50
Take care out there CC. Hope you don't encounter any of those idiots shown on the video link by Fishmate 12 during the last snow you guys had.

Best wishes
Barry

ccinjersey
22nd January 2014, 21:08
LOL :) Yes, I'm just as baffled by the milk and snow thing? But like everyone else made sure I had milk and bread too?? haha

Certainly hope I don't turn into one of those idiots on Ray's snow video Barry! It's not the snow that worries me as much as the black ice tonight! Oh well, said a few prayers already, including many for the pilots flying the plane! Not a fan of flying, prefer my kids to be on the earth! This flight can't land soon enough...and we back home safe and warm in our beds!

Thanks for the thoughts
CC xxx

berdbrain
22nd January 2014, 21:13
Oh CC you're journey reminds me of the Sopranos intro......seems very romantic....I just have to go on the A 40 to Heathrow, through Slough (Slough was the inspiration for the town in The Office TV programme - it's very dull but surrounded by a very rich area with beautiful properties...apologies to all Slough residents!) and Bob's your uncle...sounds much more dull.
Take care, drive slowly ....and do get some milk and bread...just in case!
hugs and kisses and a prayer to St. Christopher XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXDebbieXXXXXXXXXXXXX XX

ccinjersey
22nd January 2014, 22:21
Thanks Debbie, will send a few prayers to St. Christopher’ as well just to be on the extra safe side.

You made me laugh thinking about the Sopranos intro. Now I’m gonna have that song playing along in my head too as I’m driving!

Hahaha, yes it's about as romantic as it looks! It's always fun holding my nose as I drive pass the Staten Island dumps! or hoping terrorists are not planning to blow up the Verrazano Bridge as I’m driving over it, and keeping my head low when driving thru the slums of Brooklyn in case bullets go flying, while keeping my eye out for black ice the whole entire time!! Now you know why I needed those prayers :)

Thanks
CC xxoo

bakeit Forum