PDA

View Full Version : Lightweight/portable mobility scooter

Maximas08
9th February 2014, 23:47
Hi everyone,
although i can walk short distances with a stick......longer distances are more of a problem, and hindering me from getting out and about as much as I'd like. Im thinking of investing in the above, but want it portable enough to take on a plane, and put in a boot, without taking all the boot space up. I may be being unrealistic........any thoughts on make/models of scooter, that may be up to the job?
Keep well....Keep smiling!

Pete.

Terry
10th February 2014, 10:05
Hi Pete;

If you follow this link you will find some info;-

http://forum.mndassociation.org/showthread.php?2673-Car-Transportable-Mobility-Scooter&highlight=small+scooter

Off out sorry Terry

Treelover
10th February 2014, 11:50
Hi Pete, I put a comment on the thread that Terry has pointed you to. I used my little scooter for 9 months whilst I could still drive. It was good but I only weigh 8 stone. I think if you are a biggish man you might find it a bit small. However if you are small, pm me as mine is up for sale now, with a hoist to get it in and out of the boot.

njm
10th February 2014, 20:08
Hi everyone,
although i can walk short distances with a stick......longer distances are more of a problem, and hindering me from getting out and about as much as I'd like. Im thinking of investing in the above, but want it portable enough to take on a plane, and put in a boot, without taking all the boot space up. I may be being unrealistic........any thoughts on make/models of scooter, that may be up to the job?
Keep well....Keep smiling!

Pete.

Hi Pete,

Recently I saw someone using a scooter called a Luggie at the airport. It looks quite a bit narrower than a conventional mobility scooter and therefore I am guessing quite a bit lighter. Almost looks like a child's scooter with a seat.

It's collapsible so should not take up too much boot space. But they are expensive - over 2000 new.

Treelover
10th February 2014, 20:56
Mine is like a Luggie but called a Packascoota. We tried them both but mine was smaller when folded and seemed easier to fold.

Maximas08
10th February 2014, 23:03
Thanks everyone for your feed back so far......I have been looking at 'The Luggie'.....wondered how much the 'Packascoota' retails at? and what its like out and about, on gradients/surfaces?

Treelover
11th February 2014, 10:03
Hi Pete, http://www.packascoota.co.uk/ look at this website. I think it retails new at 1395. On gradients it is good, both up and down. Gravel and soft surfaces are not brilliant, but that is common with all the scooters I have tried. You can get them to come out and demonstrate them at home. I did that and stressed that I did not want to be pressured to buy, they were fine.

bakeit Forum