PDA

View Full Version : Charity Compassion in Dying: new free information line 0800 999 2434

Robin142857
14th May 2011, 18:32
I found this in my email and thought I'd pass it on to everyone...

On Thursday, 19 May, the charity Compassion in Dying launches a national End-of-Life Rights Information Line, a free-phone service supporting people who are dying, their loved ones, carers and healthcare professionals.

The Information Line is the first of its kind and will support people by providing information on their existing end-of-life rights and how they can prepare for a good quality end of life, for example by making an Advance Decision or Lasting Power of Attorney.

We are keen that as many people as possible know about the Information Line so that they know they can access it if they need to. The Information Line is 0800 999 2434; information can also be found at www.compassionindying.org.uk.

Traceygibbo
17th May 2011, 23:34
Good thanks for posting could have done with this before my husband died .. my husband had bulbar mnd and it ravaged his body in 16months peg after 3 months ventilator and tracky after 6 months i kept him at home where he died on 23rd april and even that was a constant battle . my brave husband gave up and he had his vent switched off at home he was surrounded by family as he passed from this world it was peaceful and above all dignified thank you for this x

MND Connect helpline