PDA

View Full Version : Shortage of Kwells tablets

Hazelnut
18th March 2014, 16:15
Has anyone else found that Kwells are not available at the moment?

I have visited 2 chemists today and both say that they cannot get them at the moment.

I looked online at Ebay and Amazon and they are going for about 14.00 for 12 tablets!!!!

Geraldine

Campion
18th March 2014, 19:08
This doesn't help I'm afraid, but it may explain the disappearance (see point 2).

http://www.bsmhft.nhs.uk/gps-and-commissioners/gpmatters/issue-26-september-2013/pharmacy/

I can't really advise on the alternatives presented as I'm not a medical bod... but perhaps it may be worth your while asking your GP about them?

Campion.

pete
18th March 2014, 19:32
Hi Geraldine,

Yes the same here, no doubt when they finally get stock it will cost considerably more than it did before, have you tried the hyoscine patches, They do have some side effects on me what little balance i have left goes completely if i use the patches ,even half a patch dries up excessively making swallowing difficult

pete

Hazelnut
18th March 2014, 21:44
Pete,

I have not tried the patches yet . My speech therapist says they really dry you up so I was hoping to use Kwells as they seem to work.

I tried Atropine drops but they didn't work that well - also they can't be swallowed.

Hopefully Kwells will appear again soon - how can they run out of ingredients to make them !!!

Hope you are keeping well Pete.

Geraldine

pete
18th March 2014, 22:23
Pete,

I have not tried the patches yet . My speech therapist says they really dry you up so I was hoping to use Kwells as they seem to work.

I tried Atropine drops but they didn't work that well - also they can't be swallowed.

Hopefully Kwells will appear again soon - how can they run out of ingredients to make them !!!

Hope you are keeping well Pete.

Geraldine

Thanks for asking, yes doing ok, all things considered, hope your well as you can be, as for the Kwells saga, this isn't the first time they supposedly had production problems!!!!, then it happened with the patches towards the end of last year, they are now available, but to be honest nothing works really well but I find kwells have the best result for me ,without any other unpleasant side effects. Let's hope it gets sorted before 2014 ????.

Pete

Martin England
31st March 2014, 14:12
Kwells are available again! There may be some sporadic shortages whilst the out-of-stock situation gets back to normal, but the root problem for the shortage has been resolved.
Your helpful community pharmacist should be able to source them soon!

pete
31st March 2014, 14:50
Hi Martin,
Thank you for that news ,I was running low on the tabs , will try and re order them hopefully we will get a bulk order !!!.

Pete.

Hazelnut
31st March 2014, 17:25
Thanks Martin & Pete,

I will try and track some down tomorrow.

Geraldine

pete
31st March 2014, 21:37
Hi Geraldine,

If you have no joy getting any Kwells locally ,drop me a PM .

Pete

bakeit Forum