PDA

View Full Version : My new powerchair

iwontgivein
30th April 2014, 10:49

My new powerchair i got through motorbility

Sunrise medical Jive M with raiser/recliner and does 8.5mph

Maximas08
30th April 2014, 23:12
Looks great.......enjoy your new found freedom!
Pete.

Maximas08
1st May 2014, 01:55
Hi CC,
Unfortunately we returned home some 10 days ago. It was fantastic! We were treated like royalty, and even had the president of the United States staying in our Hotel. Loved the city… Loved the people.
Hope you are well, regards,
Pete.
xx

Maximas08
3rd May 2014, 01:54
What a brill video......thankyou! Brought back some lovely memories. I'll hold you to the Italian!
xx

Barry52
3rd May 2014, 15:42
Hi CC,

Thanks for the video. It brought back wonderful memories of Manhattan when we were there 2 years ago.

Barry xx

gerald
4th May 2014, 22:16
Hi cc can i come too ????????gerald

Terry
5th May 2014, 16:45
What's all this got to do with a new power chair?

I think I'll get on fine with Hubby number one.

Love Terry

Barry52
5th May 2014, 16:52
Thanks for the invitation CC and if we can make it over there next year I will look you up. My favourite food (and wine for that matter) is Italian and I am salivating already as we are off to Tuscany in 3 weeks.

Take care x
Barry

iwontgivein
8th May 2014, 08:50
What's all this got to do with a new power chair?

I think I'll get on fine with Hubby number one.

Love Terry

i was wondering why my thread was turning into other users banter instead of the titled topic

Terry
8th May 2014, 11:36
Sorry for that;

It often happens and it is a sham to loose the original subject.

So you've had the chair for over a week now, what are the pros and cons of it and I hope you are wearing shoes when outside.

Regards Terry

ccinjersey
8th May 2014, 12:46
I apologize again, Won’t Give In, didn’t mean to banter all of your post with a few laughs. You have my word it won’t have again. and trust me when I say I will never go near another one of your threads.

In the future if you send me another angry PM like that, I too will contact admin. asking them to block you from me!!

CC

As you can see won't give in, I'm a woman of my word. Posts deleted.

pete
8th May 2014, 13:17
Hi CC,

I wouldn't take to much notice ,he only ever appears when he is bragging about his latest acquisition, I may be wrong but in the time I have been on this forum I can't recollect any useful or caring post from him ,unlike yourself, so rest assured he only cares about himself that's very sad .

ccinjersey
8th May 2014, 13:26
Thank you Pete :)

Well I certainly do wish him well in life, and much joy and happiness with his new powerchair.

CC

john
8th May 2014, 15:09
This thread started 30th April and as far as I can see there has been little reaction directly to the first post and without CC becoming involved it would by now would have long disappeared from the active list. Rather than complain you should be thanking her.
Obviously a glass half empty person.

John

iwontgivein
9th May 2014, 18:22
Hi Terry

The chair fantastic in every way, i can even go down 7' kerbs without any problems

Charging is a bit slow

But otherwise its A1

Only trouble with getting an A1 chair is the very high cost to myself to gain one

Best Regards

John

iwontgivein
9th May 2014, 18:32
Just for your information Pete

im very active elsewhere raising funds for MND Research and Disabled access for public transport

i dont get much time to get on here and DO read lots of post but dont leave comments etc

Some including myself MND sufferers dont have to much time for forums as im too busy tring to raise funds for a cure

iwontgivein
9th May 2014, 18:44
Just for your information Pete

im very active elsewhere raising funds for MND Research and Disabled access for public transport

i dont get much time to get on here and DO read lots of post but dont leave comments etc

Some including myself MND sufferers dont have to much time for forums as im too busy tring to raise funds for a cure
Hi CC,

I wouldn't take to much notice ,he only ever appears when he is bragging about his latest acquisition, I may be wrong but in the time I have been on this forum I can't recollect any useful or caring post from him ,unlike yourself, so rest assured he only cares about himself that's very sad .

Terry
9th May 2014, 19:02
Hi John;

Do you know what size batteries are on it and how many amp hours your charger is. What is the make and model of your chair. My chair does many great things and I am sure that it would go down a 7 inch curb but I would end up flat on my face.

Best wishes, Terry

PS:- I wish you don't get annoyed over threads changing direction, it happens and I am very guilty of it. This Mnd does put a lot of strain on people and sometimes they post things that they don't mean, but frustration and desperation takes over. Humor often helps to take peoples mind off of things and brings a smile to peoples faces. I say some pretty stupid things like, "Elvis was a great British singer" or Cc, "Will you marry me". This I believe just makes people shake their heads and smile. I might be wrong but it works so well in the hospice. I along with other members of the forum do not mean any harm or maliciousness by our comments.

iwontgivein
9th May 2014, 19:33
Hi Terry

Many thanks for your PS and yes your right

My chair is a Sunrise medical Jive M
Batteries are 60 Ah / 72 A
The charger amp? i have no idea (does have a 3.8amp power connection if that means anything)

Terry
9th May 2014, 20:45
Hi John;

You might be able to have a more powerful charger. My one is 8 amp hour and it reduces it's charge as the battery reaches the right voltage. I could not find out about the charger supplied as it does not specify. You could go back to your suppler and say about the slow charging and is it possible to get a faster charger. It is best to charge Lead acid batteries slowly but it does not make much difference as long as it's in their limits.

Best wishes, Terry

bakeit Forum