PDA

View Full Version : face mask for Nippy3....

Alienista606
20th May 2014, 08:56
Hi
i was used ResMed Quattro some time and now i have some pressure sore on my nous bridge whit even some cuts so i swoop to Liberty....and look my face is not right....when i fasten top straps my top lips is squished and hurts me and i have bad bottom leaking when fasten bottom strap my nasal pipe comm off......
any solution.....please.....

Ellie
20th May 2014, 12:18
Hi Max,
Did you try using a Duoderm dressing on the bridge of your nose with the Quattro?
Failing that, there is a full face mask, e.g. Fitlife, which covers the face from the eyebrows to the chin and ear to ear. So, not exactly subtle, but it is very comfortable!
Ellie.

rusalex
30th May 2014, 13:48
where can you find this kind of mask?

Ellie
30th May 2014, 15:10
In my case, my respiratory technician supplied both types of masks.

Jangobie
30th May 2014, 15:35
Hi, Ed has used a Nippy 3 for a long time and the face mask that he uses covers from the top of his nose down to his chin (Resmed Quattro mirage). He like you does occasionally get a sore place but he uses a strip of the cheapest fabric plaster from Boots and that seems to cushion the top of his nose. Should he get a sore place he uses cavilon or if it gets too sore the duodenum which I think someone else has mentioned.

He does have a small nose mask as well. All of the masks are provided by the team that he got the nippy from.

Terry
30th May 2014, 16:37
Hi Max;

Have you asked Papworth as they seam very helpful there. The idea of a different mask is good as it will have different pressure points. Even if you use it some of the time. I have heard of people using a dressing over the affected areas.

Good luck Max, love Terry

Alienista606
1st June 2014, 11:15
yes Terry and they give me some different mask whit some effect.
dressing.....yes works for some time but now i used nasal pillow mask type. and is ok
tx for all

bakeit Forum