PDA

View Full Version : WAV Cars

mogg
26th June 2014, 04:55
Anybody had dealings with the firm from Wednesbury ? seem to be 2/3 K more for second hand vehicles. For the ones like us who could't get mobility. Don't try to sell them back to them , you will get an all mighty shock.

Found a great firm in Ilkeston Derbyshire, where for the same vehicle will be that 2/3 K less

Terry
26th June 2014, 14:10
Hi Mogg;

What vehicle have you bought and how is it.

Terry

Treelover
26th June 2014, 14:25
We bought a second hand WAV from the Wednesbury firm. They were the only ones with wheelchair up front vehicles that we could find at the time. They brought the WAV to East Anglia on a trailer with no obligation. They took it back to fit the necessary locking gear at no extra charge and delivered it again on the trailer. They provided an excellent service. I think it depends on the sort of a WAV you want. I love the fact I sit in the front next to my husband or son and we can talk. But these are more expensive than the ones where you sit in the back.

mogg
26th June 2014, 16:26
Had a Fiat Doblo, the vehicle ok for what it was. It's just they seem to put 2/3 K on the price. Then say they will buy it back if your circumstances change. I know they have to make profits but on the backs of people with disabilities. I stood to loose 6k after only 8 months.

Fortunately I managed to get what I wanted from the other firm. Lessons learnt shop around for the best deals

lucybrade
2nd February 2016, 09:52
For the ones like us who could't get mobility. Don't try to sell them back to them , you will get an all mighty shock.

Terry
2nd February 2016, 11:29
Hi Lucybrade;

Welcome to the forum. Most disabled equipment seems to cost a fortune to purchase and when it comes to selling it, you only get a little.

Regards Terry

bakeit Forum