PDA

View Full Version : tour de france

gerald
4th July 2014, 22:35
Well the world cup nears its climax but the greatest free show on earth gets underway in my beautiful yorkshire tomorrow. Whats more our John is nicely placed in his home time of Leyburn to see all that lycra flash by. Hes hoping chris foome can do it again. Good luck tp all the riders.

Gerald

john
4th July 2014, 23:42
Gerald,
Lycra doesn't turn me on Gerald when you put a man inside it. Just returned from town. Lots of visitors drinking in market place marquees. Expecting 27000 tomorrow. Cyclists everywhere. Our road is closed to the world from 7am . They pass within 200 yes of home around 15.30 tomorrow. Weather forecast good. I am with you Chris Froome again. Mark cavendish to win tomorrow stage which finishes in Harrogate, his mum's home town.

John

Terry
5th July 2014, 11:40
Not into Lycra them John;

I won't go any further as I will set Cc off again. Froome seems a very nice chap and I think he would have won the year before if there were no team orders. I do enjoy the push bike racing as well.

Well done Gerald for knowing that it's close to John's, we'll be looking out for him, but not in lycra please.

Love Terry

john
5th July 2014, 13:22
Hi , live on itv 4 full coverage. Going well at the moment. Just done 2 hours collecting for Marie Curie. Good crowd of good humoured people. Weather forecast good. Must be masochists to cycle round here. Passing end of my road at 3.30pm. I will give you a wave.

John

gerald
5th July 2014, 22:02
Hi John hope you had a good day poor cavendish crashed near the end hope tot too badly hurt, as for the lycra yep better on vicoria and laura if im honest, good for local economy and hopefully good causes hope you did well.

Take care Gerald

john
5th July 2014, 22:57
Day went very well Gerald thanks. Cavendish got detached ligaments, no broken bones and also blamed for crash. Not sure if he will be on start line tomorrow. Froome did well finishing in 6th so with luck could do the double.
Weather very kind and certainly brought out the crowds. Showing Yorkshire at its finest . The organisation was terrific and the numbers involved awesome.
John

Terry
9th July 2014, 21:24
Oh dear, no Cavendish now no Froome, what a shame for us and them.

Terry
14th June 2016, 12:45
Hi John;

The old bike ride starts soon, are those two old has-been's in it?

Love Terry

john
14th June 2016, 18:49
Hi Terry,
Provisional only as still putting teams together but Froome should be back with Team Sky wearing number one jersey. Cavendish is with an outfit called team dimension who are South Africa based.
Start in France this year on 2nd and finishes just over 3 weeks later on 24th in Paris.

Should be as impressive as ever. Watched a bit of tour de Yorkshire this year. Seems to have captured the tourist imagination with millions turning out to watch.

John

Terry
14th June 2016, 18:58
The Britain woman's tour starts tomorrow and from a really quaint seaside Suffolk place. I went there a few weeks ago.

Just hope Froome does OK and it is always good if Cavendish does well.

I do like the scenery and the generally relaxed atmosphere.

Love Terry

Terry
19th June 2016, 13:12
Lizzie Armitstead is still infront after four stages and has a good chance of winning. She won the first stage last year to be taken out by a camera man and had to withdraw.

Good luck Lizzie

bakeit Forum