PDA

View Full Version : An Amusing Car Story :)

ccinjersey
3rd August 2014, 15:18
Your picture made me want to share this one Pete, you’ll get a kick out of it.

My daughter’s car finally went kaput on her. We knew the car wasn’t going to last much longer and have been telling her all year she needed to start saving some money for a down payment for another one.

My daughter is the type of person who loves to spend rather then save, so now she had no car, and no money saved for a one! As parents we were holding firm that she needed to save up money for a down payment.

She was sitting at the table and going thru some junk mail and flyers and sees an ad at the Nissan car dealership stating ‘No money down’ She was thrilled!! She grabbed the flyer to show her Dad who tells her ‘There’s always a catch, read the fine print’ she ignores him, and said to me “I’m going to go get ready’ I said ‘Ready for what?’ She said happily ’to go get a car!’

You have to understand when my daughter says ‘she has to go get ready’ this is a major production! Usually two or more hours involving hair, make up, jewelry and countless wardrobe changes, don’t even want to tell you what her room looks like after this big event! She finally emerges two hours later looking incredibly beautiful. Now I know every mother says her daughter is beautiful, but mine really is lol :) She was wearing a long tight summer skirt with on of those little crop tops that shows her some stomach and pushes her boobs up and out!!

Somehow I got dragged into this, and off we went to the car dealership. I watched as my daughter walked into the dealership causing all the standing around, doing nothing car salesmen’s eyes and tongues to pop out of their heads. The lucky salesman up next was Sal, a 72 year old grandfather (he told us) who didn’t look a day older the 60! Shockingly well fit for a man his age with a full head of white hair with extra white teeth to match it, tanned like he just came back from the Islands and impeccably dressed. It seemed to be love at first sight for him and my daughter. She pulls out the ad about no money down and he said ’Oh honey did you read the fine print? Your going to need $3000 down at signing’ This didn’t defeat my daughter, she said ’Oh Sal I don’t have $3000’ This didn’t defeat Sal either, he said ’That’s ok, we can work off of $2000 down’ She said ’ No that won’t work I don’t have $2000’ Sal looks over at me and said ’Mom how about $900?’ I said ’No Sal I don’t have $900’ He said ’Ok lets see what we can do’ he put his arm out, my daughter takes it, and off the two of them went out onto the lot to look at cars! I must admit at that moment I felt every bit of my age, but clearly Sal wasn’t feeling a bit of his!! lol

To make this long story short my daughter wanted an SUV. I told her the bigger the car the more money and gas it will be. Of course she didn’t listen to me, and found an SUV she loved. I watched as Sal and all his finance men sat around my daughter trying to get her to put some money down to get her car payments where she wanted them to be. I watched her laugh at them, and flirt away. I watched as Sal handed her the keys to her brand new 2014 Nissan Rogue without her giving them a penny!

As my daughter climbed into her new car, along with the 36 monthly car payments at exactly the cost she wanted to spend per month, I gave her a kiss and said ’Well done, congratulations, it’s really a beautiful car’. She kissed me back thrilled and excited and said ’ And now you know why my dear mother, I had to get ready’ laughing she drove off!

Don’t know if there is a moral to this story other then ladies don‘t necessarily have to bring a man along to by a car, or a down payment either apparently, and ooooh to be 22 again!! LOL

(Hope you enjoyed this one Pete :))

CCxxoo

pete
3rd August 2014, 15:55
Your picture made me want to share this one Pete, you’ll get a kick out of it.

My daughter’s car finally went kaput on her. We knew the car wasn’t going to last much longer and have been telling her all year she needed to start saving some money for a down payment for another one.

My daughter is the type of person who loves to spend rather then save, so now she had no car, and no money saved for a one! As parents we were holding firm that she needed to save up money for a down payment.

She was sitting at the table and going thru some junk mail and flyers and sees an ad at the Nissan car dealership stating ‘No money down’ She was thrilled!! She grabbed the flyer to show her Dad who tells her ‘There’s always a catch, read the fine print’ she ignores him, and said to me “I’m going to go get ready’ I said ‘Ready for what?’ She said happily ’to go get a car!’

You have to understand when my daughter says ‘she has to go get ready’ this is a major production! Usually two or more hours involving hair, make up, jewelry and countless wardrobe changes, don’t even want to tell you what her room looks like after this big event! She finally emerges two hours later looking incredibly beautiful. Now I know every mother says her daughter is beautiful, but mine really is lol :) She was wearing a long tight summer skirt with on of those little crop tops that shows her some stomach and pushes her boobs up and out!!

Somehow I got dragged into this, and off we went to the car dealership. I watched as my daughter walked into the dealership causing all the standing around, doing nothing car salesmen’s eyes and tongues to pop out of their heads. The lucky salesman up next was Sal, a 72 year old grandfather (he told us) who didn’t look a day older the 60! Shockingly well fit for a man his age with a full head of white hair with extra white teeth to match it, tanned like he just came back from the Islands and impeccably dressed. It seemed to be love at first sight for him and my daughter. She pulls out the ad about no money down and he said ’Oh honey did you read the fine print? Your going to need $3000 down at signing’ This didn’t defeat my daughter, she said ’Oh Sal I don’t have $3000’ This didn’t defeat Sal either, he said ’That’s ok, we can work off of $2000 down’ She said ’ No that won’t work I don’t have $2000’ Sal looks over at me and said ’Mom how about $900?’ I said ’No Sal I don’t have $900’ He said ’Ok lets see what we can do’ he put his arm out, my daughter takes it, and off the two of them went out onto the lot to look at cars! I must admit at that moment I felt every bit of my age, but clearly Sal wasn’t feeling a bit of his!! lol

To make this long story short my daughter wanted an SUV. I told her the bigger the car the more money and gas it will be. Of course she didn’t listen to me, and found an SUV she loved. I watched as Sal and all his finance men sat around my daughter trying to get her to put some money down to get her car payments where she wanted them to be. I watched her laugh at them, and flirt away. I watched as Sal handed her the keys to her brand new 2014 Nissan Rogue without her giving them a penny!

As my daughter climbed into her new car, along with the 36 monthly car payments at exactly the cost she wanted to spend per month, I gave her a kiss and said ’Well done, congratulations, it’s really a beautiful car’. She kissed me back thrilled and excited and said ’ And now you know why my dear mother, I had to get ready’ laughing she drove off!

Don’t know if there is a moral to this story other then ladies don‘t necessarily have to bring a man along to by a car, or a down payment either apparently, and ooooh to be 22 again!! LOL

(Hope you enjoyed this one Pete :))

CCxxoo

Hi CC ,
Sounds very much like she has learned all she needs to go far in this world, might even say she had a remarkable teacher in her mum, For my sins I started off my life in a Chrysler dealership ,selling motors, and it have to admit I was a sucker for a smart girl, my sales figures showed I had all the deals where young ladies where involved.

Your post bought back happy memories from my teen years , good luck to her , anyone who can carry out a customer led deal is unique in the motor trade, and no doubt made the dealer more than pleased with his day. I know for sure it would have made my day a whole lot better.

Pete
XXX

Terry
3rd August 2014, 16:45
It only takes a few silly men to get us a bad name.

ccinjersey
3rd August 2014, 17:26
LOL...and one smart cookie!

marieline
4th August 2014, 04:32
Smart and confident, you have raised her well CC. We can see through you guys, even at 22 :)

Good on her
Marieline

ccinjersey
4th August 2014, 13:46
Thanks Marieline :) Yes she did quite well for herself Pete, maybe she should be on the other side and go into sales she seems to have the right assets lol :)

pete
4th August 2014, 14:34
Hi CC,

I think she could do better than selling cars, over here in the UK there are quite a few young ladies selling cars, mainly in dealerships , and if she really can sell then there is some serious earnings to be made, and there are a lot worse ways of earning money.
Just out of interest are the car sales over there enjoying good sales now or do you lease cars , we used to buy our cars but to be honest modern cars have improved so much now, us petrol heads can't mess with them nowadays, and the last three we leased, as we found for what we used them for ,leasing was cost effective plus you could pick a new car every year,anyway have a great day over the pond.

XX

ccinjersey
5th August 2014, 00:03
Hi Pete

Leasing seems to be very popular here as well and seems to be the way a lot of people go. Agree a lot of perks to leasing if one doesn’t mind always having a car payment. The upside to that as you said is you always have a new car, and definitely getting the best years out of the car as well.

Not sure how the auto industry is doing as a whole, but GM has been in hot water with the inconceivable amount of recalls on their cars because of their safety issues.

It seems our economy in general is slowly crawling back from the brink of disaster. The housing market is starting to pick up that’s always a positive sign. Overall the working middle class was hit the hardest, and still suffering. We really seemed to have become a country divided by two classes now, rich and poor. The middle class seems to be fading into oblivion, yet still struggling to hang on.

Agree, as charming as my dear daughter can be, sales is not where her heart is. She is an assistant pre school teacher right now, and loves her kids! She is in the early stages of opening her own preschool with a partner teacher she works with. They are preparing their paperwork to file with the State, and will go from there :) :)

Much Love
CCxxoo

pete
5th August 2014, 14:41
Hi CC ,

From what you say it sounds very much like here, as for GMs problems we have had similar Re calls ,nothing to do with the manufacturer but really down to inferior parts sourced from the emerging countries, it's true to say you get what you pay for and if it saves money they use it but are foolish to risk all these costly recalls and reputation a thing that's is earned over time both good and bad. Mostly remembered for the bad bits. Toyota learned the hard way, after being the number one benchmark for many years.
I really hope things go well for the daughter , she deserves to do well and I can't think of anything better than giving kids a good start in life and education is even more important now ,in what is becoming a very tough world to survive in and be successful getting the career you want. Stay safe.

Pete
XXX

bakeit Forum