PDA

View Full Version : Woo-hoo, it's arrived

G60dubber
2nd June 2011, 13:22
New scooter arrived today :-). Looks good in the box, shame can't lift any of the bits out to have a proper look.. lol.
Bob the builder Project build tonight, road test reports to follow soon.

Road test to include:
1 0-8mph times
2 cornering
3 pick up out of apex ;)
4 gravel test for under/over steer
5 wet grass for abs & stopping distance
6 coolability from looks from passers by :p

any other suggestions / requests:cool:

Chris
2nd June 2011, 13:35
Great stuff mate, enjoy your road test ;)

jadedjohn
2nd June 2011, 14:47
:cool:nice one mate - cant wait to see the picys

G60dubber
2nd June 2011, 22:07
Really simple to put together thankfully, missus managed it quite easily under good supervisory skills;-) hehe. Seems more rapid than the ones I've hired before, screen showed 8.5mph!! gets there in a couple of seconds too, really quite impressed. Does understeer when caning in gravel, but handles great on inclines and off road. Gets light on nearside when you put full lock at full speed :-), couldn't get the back end stepping though :-(. No wet grass but think it will be fun....will see when it rains.

Very comfy seat with cool red piping, not quite Recaro but pretty close. Proper alloys too with black not grey tyres. Very light on the steering so will last well into failing strength which is a real bonus.
Is it cool, very !! neighbours came out and had a go, they thought it was great. Very impressed with the design too and got a few admiring looks when drove it over to the pub.
In all seriousness, it's a great bit of kit and very much worth the price. Highly recommended.

jadedjohn
2nd June 2011, 22:11
im so glad you like it - get some picys on here!!

john

Jeannie
3rd June 2011, 10:33
Glad you like it, sounds great. If you haven't already done so, don't forget to register your scooter with DVLA. If you don't you will be liable for a fine of 80.

miranda
3rd June 2011, 12:17
Sounds as if you intend to have fun with this. Enjoy!

G60dubber
3rd June 2011, 12:27
Thanks Jeannie, I'll get that sorted today. I certainly do intend having fun, next stop.... Britains got talent doing stunts on it ;-). Gotta be more entertaining than some of the rubbish they put through lol

SGD
3rd June 2011, 19:14
I'd vote for you!

Ange M
3rd June 2011, 19:59
Glad to hear you've got your new wheels Ady, look forward to seeing them. Have fun!!
Ange x

luce
5th June 2011, 23:50
hiya- dont forget insurance. my mum received her wheelchair a couple of days ago;
one near miss when i sent her on home with my 8 year old whilst i waited for presecription... and they went down a hill that was too steep without adjusting the angle and she nearly fell out but luckily crashed into railings! whoops

then the next day mum went full speed ahead into a concrete bollard. no bones broken, glad she has insurance!

hilary walklett
6th June 2011, 15:27
Yep, scooters are a great invention, there's no doubt. Mine has been a total liberator for me. Mine is small enough to go in the back of the estate car (Honda Accord tourer), where I've had an ekectric crane fitted to hoist it in and out. Makes me completely independent, so can go out alone.
The crane was quite expensive, but I've been using the same one for about nine years ( might be ten, now - time flies when you're busy!!) so it has been more than worth the money. Also, I get to talk to lots of new people who come and watch me using it. I rreally ought to be getting commission from the company which supplied it, the number of times I've recommended it and gioven out their phone number! :-))

Hilary

bakeit Forum