PDA

View Full Version : Winter

Jock
11th October 2014, 13:05
Greetings friends.

Last Winter I simply showed foot drop. This Winter the limbs are stiffer, the lung muscles are weaker (but ok).

I wondering if their is anything we should prepare for now and to look out for in the near future?

Kind regards

Jock

Trevorhb
11th October 2014, 15:50
Hello Jock. I was only diagnosed in March, but already I cannot speak clearly, swallowing liquids is a problem, ankles are stiff, left one hurts when I walk and my hands are both very weak. Breathing is OK. Where do we go from here, who knows?

Terry
11th October 2014, 17:11
Hyjack;

Get some wood cut and candles in just in-case of a power cut.

Love Terry

willsandco
11th October 2014, 19:07
John, I am trying not to think about it! (Probably will need a PEG in the New Year). But I am making contingency plans - have put comfortable chairs by the windows that overlook the garden, planted loads of bulbs and put up lots of bird feeders. As I get worse and have to sit around more often, it will be more pleasurable to do that. I just adore the garden, my pride and joy. x

Graham
11th October 2014, 20:31
Hi Jock,

Tasks for winter include: -
Flu jab
Pneumonia jab
Notify your electricity supplier that you are priority in the event of outages
Backup pack of antibiotics

Trevorhb
11th October 2014, 22:16
We had the flu jab today, no problems. Appointment to see a surgeon on Wednesday to see about a PEG.

willsandco
11th October 2014, 22:24
Hope the flu jab doesn't throw up any complications. I had a couple of sleepless nights with breathing difficulties! Let us know how you get on with the Wednesday appointment.

miranda
12th October 2014, 16:36
My flu jab was fine, red bump exactly 24 hours later but not particularly painful and I was able to sleep on the arm.

Jock
15th October 2014, 12:30
Thank you everyone :)

Flu jab and Pneumonia jab are on my list. I want to see if my Palliative GP can arrange jabs at home as it's a absolute nightmare going out from this third floor flat (we are due to move to bungalow in Bangor shortly).

Terry : Had a laugh over wood chopping :)

Terry
15th October 2014, 12:44
Don't forget the candles Jack!

Jock
15th October 2014, 12:54
That;s the wife's department Terry :)

bakeit Forum