PDA

View Full Version : well. you wouldnt believe this could happen!

willsandco
18th October 2014, 16:41
This morning, my church was having a session at Lincoln Cathedral on healing. I didn't go to that because I cant contribute too much - well I can, but people have to wait for the Predictable on IPAD to be input and then the button pressed for speech! However Peter and I did stay for the communion and the priest anointed healing oils on anyone who wanted it. So I went up, with my magic stick, and had prayers said. While I was there I said prayers for all you guys and gals, for a cure, or if that doesn't transpire for the patience and tolerance to deal with this disease. We came out, all was well, I walked with magic stick about 500 yards. Peter wanted a cuppa so I reached up for support to get up the two stairs into our favourite restaurant That support wasn't forthcoming, and I went flying, landing heavily on my left knee. It isn't good. I am sitting resting it but I might have to get it Xrayed when I have watched Strictly Come Dancing and X factor (Lets get our priorities in order, folks!) I cant be laid up, I have too much to do, all sorts going on until 21sr November. So don't believe that just because you go to a healing session, that you will get home without incident! Its all a nightmare. I just cant rely on my balance any more. Joycie

ccinjersey
18th October 2014, 17:38
Oh Joycie so sorry to hear this! You might need that xray though. You could have a possible fracture and it needs proper tending to. If it’s swollen could be something more, don’t delay girl.

I think the priest may have gotten a defective batch of healing oils! Or maybe he forgot to check the expiration date :)

Keep us posted, feel better
CCxoo

Trevorhb
18th October 2014, 17:47
So sorry Joyce, that is so unfortunate. The problem is you never know when a problem will occur. I hope it is not too bad?
Trevor xxx

willsandco
18th October 2014, 18:06
well, Trevor, it is swelling up and I have it raised on a chair with an ice pack on! Will have to keep an eye on it! I fell on the other knee twice before so I am a bit of a crock these days! Have you got any interest in the house yet?

Trevorhb
18th October 2014, 18:26
No, I am afraid nobody turned up for our Open House. We think we may have to stay here and modify the property as and when necessary. My wife was a radiographer, but as she is now retired, I am afraid she cannot xray your knee, but if it is still swollen on Monday you may have to get it checked. Stay strong!
Trevor

willsandco
18th October 2014, 18:30
Thanks, Trevor. Well, you did see the DIY SOS programme with all the adaptations for a two storey home, so it can be done, cant it? Thanks for the heads up about an Xray. Will wait and see what it is like in a couple of days, as you say!

Terry
18th October 2014, 18:45
Hi Joycie;

Your knee does not sound good. It stayed at Lincoln and went in the Cathedral some 45 years ago. Loved the Valcon bomber landing and taking off.

Terry

willsandco
18th October 2014, 19:00
We live at Waddington where they do the Air Show, We were out in the week and a Vulcan flew over. They are magnificent machines, aren't they? A joy to watch. Joycie

Jan
18th October 2014, 19:41
Joycie, get yourself to x-Ray,! Don't wait until Monday please, they can immobilise it , bandage it correctly or something, please don't wait, your legs are so important to you right now xxx

Trevorhb
18th October 2014, 19:41
The Vulcan, my favourite. I actually watched a wheelchair lift being used this afternoon, fantastic!
Watching Strickly now.

willsandco
18th October 2014, 19:52
Hello Jan. Peter and I are decided to go to Accident and Emergency. (but not Saturday night with all the sports injuries) I am resting it until after Strictly and X factor and then we may go. Otherwise, first thing in the morning. I'm not taking any chances. The last thing I want is a crocked knee, got a weekend in Leeds 25th and 26th October, then two days in London on 5th and 6th November, then a reunion in Leeds on 21st November. We are so busy! Hope you are OK Hugs joycie xxx

KarenaB
18th October 2014, 20:35
Oh Joycie, what a nightmare. I must admit the start of your story I did not expect the day to end up as it has done for you. Don't blame you for waiting for Strictly and Xfactor to finish but please get your knee looked at as soon as you can.

Take care

Karen x

willsandco
18th October 2014, 21:03
Karen and everyone, we will get it looked at!. Thank you all for your concern and your advice. There are distinct advantages. Peter has cooked dinner and we have had honeycomb icecream for tea! Joycie x

Nettie B
18th October 2014, 22:10
Joycie,
I'm with Jan here. I'd get down to A/E tomorrow if I were you.
Make it early as it tends to hot up during the day after people have had their Sunday night lie in following their night on the tiles!
Mondays generally start off busy too.
Love and prayers from Annette.

willsandco
18th October 2014, 22:37
yes, tomorrow morning for sure! Thanks so much, Annette I have been resting it, with ice on it. Swollen, bruising coming out, bit uncomfortable to walk on but no pain. Just had a walk about and it is weight bearing but feels like it is becoming a bit stiff. we are all set to go to Accident and Emergency. joycie x

BlueEyesOhio
19th October 2014, 04:11
Joycie,
I'm so sorry you took a fall. Please let us know when you go to A/E. We call it the emergency room. My balance is getting a little wobbly.

Here's hoping it's just a sprain and nothing serious. We can't have our girl down!! She has too much to do!!

((((((((((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))))))))))) ))

Lynne

marieline
19th October 2014, 06:39
Sorry to hear about that Joycie. Don't forget to ice it if you can't have it X rayed straight away. Order some Arnica for those bruises, i found that they came really handy when i was falling a lot. You can take it internally and locally in the form of cream. Thanks for the prayers. In my opinion, keeping a certain range of motion, does speed up healing. But do take it easy. Also remember that our reflexes have slowed down and you need to make the adjustment, you will be amazed what a difference that make. I haven't had a fall since June 2013.
Best wishes
Marie

willsandco
19th October 2014, 09:45
Thanks, Marie. In fact, I have had a super nights sleep. Got up, it is weight bearing , it isn't problematic. I have climbed into the bath and had a shower, with no problems. It is swollen, but not painful. Just a bit of pressure if I bend over. We are all ready to go to Accident and Emergency so perhaps we should go and get it checked out. Could have been a lot worse. Perhaps that healing session in the Cathedral was saved up for that! I cant be doing with being immobilised at all. So much going on for the next six weeks. Need to be active and up and about. Thanks, Marie, and all of you Hugs to all Joycie xx

willsandco
19th October 2014, 12:24
I have taken everyone's advice, been to A&E in Lincoln and had an Xray. No major problems, just bruising, but better safe than sorry, eh? Doctors there just brilliant, came out to see me in the waiting room rather than hauling me through to examination rooms. Peter did all the talking - and I just smiled! Anyway, they said keep exercising it, it will get worse before it gets better but in two weeks or so it should be mended. Thanks guys and gals for your support and advice - much appreciated! xx Joycie

Springtime
19th October 2014, 20:46
Hello Joycie,

Hope you are feeling a little better this evening. And hoped you managed to get to your MND meeting. Spring xx

willsandco
19th October 2014, 21:06
Yes, A&E this morning. I was so impressed because the lovely doctor came out of his examining room to talk to us in the waiting room (got down on his knees and chatted!) How kind was that? Then a super afternoon with Lincolnshire MNDA afternoon tea. They are a lovely crowd of folk. Then onto friends who live locally for a cuppa. In all, a good day. Knee resting up now - X factor and Downton Abbey on! Heaven! xx

marieline
20th October 2014, 11:17
Good one Joycie :) Currently i am a big fan of New tricks, Egg heads and doc Martin. It's my couch time. Take care and be safe.

Marie

Nettie B
20th October 2014, 12:52
Joycie.
I'm so glad everything is OK with the knee and I'm glad you got a nice caring doctor. I do hope you didn't have to wait too long to be seen.

Keep safe. love from Annette

Jan
20th October 2014, 13:46
Glad you got the knee sorted Joycie xxx

BlueEyesOhio
21st October 2014, 02:15
Marie,

New Tricks!!! Love it!!!

Lynne

Terry
21st October 2014, 11:50
Hi Marie and Lynne;

We love new tricks as well.

Terry

marieline
22nd October 2014, 11:42
Hi Terry, Lynne, the new tricks series have been sadly replaced by "death in paradise". a bit disappointed. I was looking for more, a lot more.

Marie

BlueEyesOhio
23rd October 2014, 04:57
We get old "New Tricks" episodes here. Too bad it was replaced by "death in paradise" I heard the new episodes without the old cast weren't that good. Alun Armstrong, James Bolam, Amanda Redman and Dennis Waterman are perfect for the roles they played. Sad to see it change! We are fans of the old BritComs "Are You Being Served", "As Time Goes By" and "Keeping up Appearances"

Lynne

bakeit Forum