PDA

View Full Version : Sale n wants

G60dubber
8th June 2011, 22:42
Not sure if this has been raised and I certainly don't want to appear insensitive, but would it be good to have a section where people can advertise relevant equipment that they no longer have a need for and others may benefit from?

jadedjohn
9th June 2011, 09:03
Good idea!

Chris
9th June 2011, 09:05
Very good idea, I've seen this on other forums.

Robyn Copley-Hirst
9th June 2011, 10:18
Thanks Chris, John & G60. I will be keeping an eye on this... if there seems to be a need for it, with a number of people wanting to pass on things they no longer need, I'll either make a section, or maybe we can direct people to the 'Equipment' section.

Thanks for the feedback,

Robyn

miranda
9th June 2011, 14:39
Excellent idea

Robin142857
9th June 2011, 17:04
Excellent. Worth trying.

slim
2nd September 2012, 18:36
i have seen this on most sites and feel it a great benefit here too, i would imagine many of us have surplus equipment etc that we would love someone else to get the use of.

teynhambees
2nd September 2012, 20:51
v.good idea.....I have a spare self propelling rigid wheelchair (etac) that could do with a new home..might do someone a turn?

Terry
2nd September 2012, 21:00
Hi Slim;
I did suggest a freecycle for Mnd Equipment a few months ago but it did not get much backing. I think having one section on the site could work well and you can amend or delete the posting when the item has gone.
Cheers Terry

HKSardo
3rd September 2012, 01:21
Excellent idea, I will support it.

iwontgivein
3rd September 2012, 17:44
Fantastic idea, im up for that

john
17th September 2012, 09:56
Hi All,

I have a pair of wheelchair ramps bought a couple of years ago for Irene. They are gathering dust and I wondered if they were of any use to anybody. I know the world is supposedly wheelchair friendly but anyone who uses one regularly will know that that isn't the case.
They are in 3 sections which unfold and slide to give a useable length of approximately 3 metres. They have a maximum weght figure of 125kgs, which is 5lbs short of 20 stone, and are said to be suitable for a rise of 60 cms (2feet) although I am sure we used them for more than that.
They are fairly hefty so I would expect whoever wants them to pay the postage but otherwise they can have them for a donation of whatever they wish to MNDA.I will get a price for carriage if anyone is interested or if they are in my part of the world I can deliver or they can collect. They cost over 400 new but i suspect that like most things for the disabled I was ripped off.

John

bakeit Forum