PDA

View Full Version : Doorbell Rant!!!

Springtime
18th November 2014, 14:44
Well, just in case anyone is interested which I'm sure there not, I need a rant. Doorbell broke had it for years.
Went to buy another one, come back it wouldn't work....Ok these things happen.
Took it back bought another one guess what it wouldn't work either.
Went back 3rd time lucky, clever me took the batteries with me to test it whilst I was in the shop.
Next one bought tried didnt work, they went and got another one and Bingo it worked until I got it back home and now it won't work.
:( I give up! tut tut. Ok rant over. thanks for listening. LOL Spring x

Alig2014
18th November 2014, 16:05
Bless you one of those days xx

Alison x

Davec
18th November 2014, 16:30
Spring
Keep,your humour and that smile! Can you put a sign on the door that says" shout ding dong" no batteries needed! Xxx

Terry
18th November 2014, 18:01
You have the magic touch Zepedee

DaiTheDragon
18th November 2014, 20:00
The bells! The bells!

Big Steve
18th November 2014, 22:47
Do you have a wireless modem? Especially close to the door.
These can sometimes effect the bell, so I am told.

Steve

ccinjersey
18th November 2014, 23:17
Zepedee ??

Is that your name Spring ?

CCxx

BlueEyesOhio
19th November 2014, 04:27
Spring
Keep,your humour and that smile! Can you put a sign on the door that says" shout ding dong" no batteries needed! Xxx

Oh, my! Shout ding, dong!!! LOL!!!! LOL!!!

I needed that!!

You guys are great

Lynne

BlueEyesOhio
19th November 2014, 04:28
CC,
How's your friend doing?

((((((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))))))

Lynne

Ellie
19th November 2014, 12:38
Cc, did The Magic Roundabout not make it across the pond? I grew up watching Zebedee and friends, brings back memories. (thanks Terry)

ccinjersey
19th November 2014, 13:25
www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bWyhj7siEY

This is the only zipedee do da I know Ellie :) The Magic Roundabout is not ringing a bell ? (sorry Zepedee I couldn't resist)

CC oox

ccinjersey
19th November 2014, 13:40
Hi Lynne

Thanks for asking. Don’t want to hijack Springs post so will keep it brief. Going to ALS center today, not looking forward to this visit because her partner asked them to talk to her about advanced directive, health care proxy etc.. not sure how she is going to handle it, although I have a feeling it will be with more of the same denial.

CCxoox

john
19th November 2014, 14:06
There you are CC.

Enjoy.

http://youtu.be/c3DcChXNyYQ

John

Terry
19th November 2014, 14:34
Not sure whether Zepedee is in that one, he is in this one Cc;

Enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2zCGjSoZzkY&list=PLRrFnCPN_OdtWGYfsAKb6ZpKtsO41BPBb

Terry

PS:- It's like Educating Rita, Educating Cc. Americans have so much culture to learn!

ccinjersey
19th November 2014, 14:53
Thanks John :)

No, no memories of this at all, if it was on this side of the pond it was definitely before my time Terry lol. What exactly is Zepedee suppose to be ? A ball with a mustache on a spring? Ok Terry I see where your logic went with Spring and Zepedee now.

Educating Rita ?? I don't know who she is either...you Brits have a funny way lol Don't you agree Lynne (my back up buddy, help!)

Lmao ;)
CCxxx

Terry
19th November 2014, 17:01
You need a little imagination, forgot, American?? woman??

If you don't know something?? Google it, well that's what you tell me.

Love Terry

caz
19th November 2014, 17:10
Hi cc.phew got worried for a minute there.I am now 55 and always called him ZeBedee and not ZePedee.I looked it up and thank goodness I am right lol.my favourite bit he always said.Boing.time for bed and spring off.ha ha.happy memories of my childhood.also loved Andy pandy.love as always.caroline xxxx

Springtime
19th November 2014, 17:55
Ha ha CC I might be on a spring but nooooooooooooo moustache, well not yet anyway LOL.
Caz I'm with you, although Im only 21 I always called him Zeberdee as well, I have tried to educate Terry in the pronunciation but the penny hasn't dropped bless him. Ha ha Terry a fine mess you got me into>LMSO x

Terry
19th November 2014, 18:02
Sorry Zepedee, I was so intent in getting all the eeee's in.

"another nice mess you got me into" is a Laurel & Hardy line.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zih_iTunHXU

Love Terry

Springtime
19th November 2014, 18:15
Slapstick comedy so funny. Ha ha I have to say my favourite although not slapstick was "Old Mother Riley" ha ha I know sad young begger aren't I. Zeberdee Spring x

Trevorhb
19th November 2014, 20:24
I have a handbell originally used by the ARP during the Second World War. If Annette cannot hear that, she will not hear anything.

marieline
19th November 2014, 23:55
I feel like a headless chook! no idea what Zepedee is. Is that GB toy? What does one not learn on this forum? I hope the bell is fixed Spring.

ccinjersey
20th November 2014, 02:06
What's a GB toy Marieline ??

No Terry I'm not Googling it this is way more fun :)

CCxxx

Barry52
20th November 2014, 08:36
OK for all the non Brits and those too young to remember the Magic Roundabout was an Anglo-French production created for children's tv in 1963 and first aired in '64. The final show was broadcast in '71 but it was made as a film in 2005. Zebedee was one of many characters but my favourite was Dylan, he was cool.
Barry

BlueEyesOhio
21st November 2014, 03:36
"Educating Rita ?? I don't know who she is either...you Brits have a funny way lol Don't you agree Lynne (my back up buddy, help!)" from cc

Ahhh, whew!
I had NO idea what y'all were talking about!!! I like Hyacinth Bucket!! And others: Faulty Towers, Waiting for God, To the Manor Born, Are You Being Served?, Eastenders, As Time Goes By.

I loved the Magic Round About video!! See what we missed CC? We were probably scarred for life for not having enough culture!!

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))) )))))))))))))))))))

Lynne

BlueEyesOhio
21st November 2014, 03:43
Oh, and my MOST favorite

Wind in the Willows by Kenneth Grahame - I have that as a audio book and still listen to it. Mole, Ratty, The Badger and Toad.

Movie: The Wind in the Willows, another live-action film in 2006 with Lee Ingleby as Mole, Mark Gatiss as Ratty, Matt Lucas as Toad, Bob Hoskins as Badger, and also featuring Imelda Staunton, Anna Maxwell Martin, Mary Walsh and Michael Murphy

If you ever get the chance to get this gem in DVD, do it!!! I have watched it 10 times!!!!

That's it for me - going to rest now - bedtime for Lynne

ccinjersey
21st November 2014, 14:09
Lynne, my fellow American, I have no idea what your talking about either ?? lmao ;) Faulty Towers, Waiting for God, To the Manor Born, Are You Being Served?, Eastenders, As Time Goes By ??? Were these kids shows?

Forget culture! I'm sticking with, and staying in the stone ages with my all time favorite the Flinstones :) lol

CC x

BlueEyesOhio
22nd November 2014, 03:21
CC,
All those shows are British comedies. I love all things British - for a long time now.

Faulty Towers starring John Cleese

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jcEws7il4EY

The last 5 minutes are the best!

Enjoy

Lynne

marieline
22nd November 2014, 03:27
Hahaha CC,
How come you have not seen the hilarious English comedies. I even like "love thy neighbours". You just cannot beat the British humour.
CC - GB "Great Britain" toys :) . Thanks for clarifying guys.

Marieline

ccinjersey
22nd November 2014, 13:07
Thanks for clarifying. Had thought GB was a brand of a toy like Mattel Marieline, and really wondering how I missed out on all those kids shows on Saturday morning Lynne? Lol

I guess this is what happens when three countries try to watch TV together ! Lmao :)

CCxox

pete
22nd November 2014, 20:37
"Educating Rita ?? I don't know who she is either...you Brits have a funny way lol Don't you agree Lynne (my back up buddy, help!)" from cc

Ahhh, whew!
I had NO idea what y'all were talking about!!! I like Hyacinth Bucket!! And others: Faulty Towers, Waiting for God, To the Manor Born, Are You Being Served?, Eastenders, As Time Goes By.

I loved the Magic Round About video!! See what we missed CC? We were probably scarred for life for not having enough culture!!

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))) )))))))))))))))))))

Lynne

Lynne,
Treat yourself to Educating Rita, two brilliant lead actors and just a great film no swearing or sexual overtones ,just a feel good film ,well worth watching.

john
22nd November 2014, 23:19
Hi CC and Lynne,

Fully movie for you to watch.

http://youtu.be/Uo_BlCo50kc

John

BlueEyesOhio
23rd November 2014, 03:09
Thanks John!!!
I'm halfway through it. Rita (or Susan) is quite a character!!

Lynne

BlueEyesOhio
23rd November 2014, 04:09
What a great movie!!!

Lynne

Thanks Pete and John!!

PS It just makes you want to be yourself!

ccinjersey
23rd November 2014, 12:20
Thanks John ! I'll educate CC, and and give it a go :)

CCxox

BlueEyesOhio
24th November 2014, 03:00
Here is Wind in the Willows. It's in 9 parts ;-) Matt Lucas who plays Toad is very funny.

9 parts is a bit of a pain but the movie is WORTH it!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7qJizXFob8

Lynne

bakeit Forum