PDA

View Full Version : Humiliation Now Complete

Graham
10th December 2014, 10:43
Dear All,

My care managers, social services,district nurse service, have now withdrawn my pyjamas and towels service and I don't have the means to provide my own. I have money, just can't access it. For five months i have been banging my head against my social services brick wall. I had no idea just how thick it is.

I am now left totally naked in bed with only a soiled towel to protect my modesty. I have paid taxes all my life to be left like this. The UK is a disgrace.

With food banks all over the UK, the despicable way our Government treats us disabled folk and the 'greed is good' brigade in control, I can safely say our society is the pits.

Terry
10th December 2014, 11:21
Hi Graham;

Do you think that it is there aim to move you into a nursing home, regardless. Keep this thread clean!

Can you get a third party like:- Blue Lagoon Laundry Services ltd
Address
268-270 Halliwell Road
Bolton
Lancashire
BL1 3QD sales@bluelagoonlaundryservices.co.uk

To do it for you as they will collect etc. You may well be able to pay them online. It's worth a try, and there are other companies around your area.

All the best, Terry

Claire McArthur
10th December 2014, 12:18
Hi Graham, sorry to hear this, we are in the process of contacting social services.

Claire

Graham
10th December 2014, 13:04
Hi Terry,

Thanks for your concern. It is in these circumstances of huge distress that we get very animated. From my point of view, I am able to empathise with the author and read through the profanities. For some reading these posts, it's like reading a novel and don't realise real people in real distress are writing them.

My social services do want me in a care home and have told me so. If you recall, two months ago I was told in no uncertain terms that I was going to be put in one. It was only when I told them 'Over my dead body', quite literally, did they relent.

I am quite prepared to sort out my own laundry if I get the very basic means to do so, consistent with my human right to independent living.

Thanks again Terry. Your humanity is well appreciated.

Take care

Graham

crackers
10th December 2014, 14:23
Hi Graham

You know we are entitled to manage our illness within our own expectations. I accept if there are issues from a safety viewpoint then perhaps our expectations maybe set aside by organisations such as Social Services but outside of this any contrary decisions are unacceptable. I tend to agree with Terry in that it seems your Social Services may have a, not so, hidden agenda and it is terrible. For the life of me I cannot see how they can leave you in this position.
I see the Association has intervened and you may also consider contacting your MP. I found this useful when confronted with dogmatic government officials.

Really hope something positive happens

Take care

Kelvin

Alig2014
10th December 2014, 15:33
Hi Graham,
Have you been awarded continuing healthcare. Jean is in a hospice at the moment for symptom control and they have applied for her and it came through yesterday that she got it. They are now looking into getting her a live in carer so she can spend her last few weeks at home.

If you have not got continuing healthcare then I would get someone onto it ASAP . You should be able to stay home if that's what you wish.

Alison x

Graham
10th December 2014, 19:55
Hi Kelvin,

I contacted Hazel Blears MP last Friday. Now waiting for her to reply.

I realise that I am dealing with a social service who choose not to accommodate my needs to live independently. My MND team indicated to me over two years ago that I had just months of life left. These comments are added to patients notes and left for other statutory services to assimilate. We definitely face an uphill struggle. However I am up for the challenge and fully intend to kick their butt.

To face up to the humiliation they intend to inflict on me, I post on here to show them that I won't be intimidated. It's a strategy that works for me when confronted by bullies. Will keep fighting.

Take care

Hi Alison,

I have CHC and free care. The authorities are getting restless as I refuse to pop my clogs!

Love Graham xx

Lycanthrope
10th December 2014, 23:20
HI Graham x I hope the MNDA manage to get things sorted for you. I really don't know how some people manage to sleep at night. tc Becky x

respphysio
11th December 2014, 10:13
Hi Graham

I feel very sorry you are in this awful situation.
For what it's worth, this is exactly the stuff I will be bringing up when I meet with NHS England next week. I know it won't help you, and this terrible scenario you found yourself in, but please know that there are people determined to fight for the rights of those living with MND, not least the good people on here.

You are clearly a very determined person, that's amazing.
Keep going!!
R

Jock
11th December 2014, 15:50
Keep those clogs on :)

Springtime
11th December 2014, 18:05
Hi Graham,
I respect and admire you so much. Do you have family to help you with this fight? As it must be very daunting for you having to fight on your own all the time. Keep posting. Springtime x

Graham
11th December 2014, 19:43
Hi Becky,

My social services and local hospital would even bamboozle Dick Dastardly with their promises and lies! Our MNDA have tried to help but I still remain naked in bed and still have to be dried with soiled towels. My MP, Hazel Blears, today offered support starting next week, so some relief there.

Hi Ruth,

Some of our stories are so awful that any right-minded person reading them would think they are far-fetched. There have been two suicide posts at least that weren't picked up; Robin and Magnum. Many of us are struggling with depression, yet there is no-one offering advice other than fellow members. There is plenty of scope for NHS to catch us on here, but I do hesitate slightly as I realise not all NHS professionals share your commitment for caring.

Hi Jock,
;) Take care mate.

Hi Spring,

My father is elderly with Parkinson's and my siblings did a runner six years ago. You never know till it happens with some folk.

Best wishes

Graham

Graham
12th December 2014, 12:19
Hello Andrew,

The Local Government Ombudsman has instructed Salford Council to investigate certain elements of my time in hospital. I now need to refer to the threads, 'Being Murdered' and 'My God, Please help me'. Please resurrect the threads or email them to me.

Kind regards

Graham

Springtime
12th December 2014, 12:30
Hi Graham,

What is the situation with pyjamas and towels for you today and this weekend. It has given extremely cold weather coming in you can not possibly be left to sleep naked etc. If you PM me with your address I will get some Pyjamas delivered to you. What is your towel situation.? Are you warm, and having the heating on?
Hugs Springtime x

Andrew
12th December 2014, 12:54
Hi Graham,

I will send you a private message about this now.

Regards,

Andrew

Lycanthrope
13th December 2014, 11:21
Hi Graham x After dealings I've had with Social Services and the local hospital, nothing would surprise me about either. Has anyone managed to get some practical help to you yet? tc Becky x

Graham
13th December 2014, 19:57
Hi Spring,

Thank you for your kind offer. I have waited over five months for the district nursing service to arrange my correct continence pads. They have provided the standard full pad which are inappropriate for folk with compromised dexterity who want to use urinal bottles. Consequently I have been left all the while to soil my pyjamas. As some carers have little regard for cleanliness and can leave me in a dreadful state after they've finished with me, I insist on the pyjamas being cut off. A kind nurse at the hospital introduced me to the technique. The upshot is that I need a fresh pair of pyjamas every day. Naturally the hospital got fed up of the huge expense and withdrew the supply. Meanwhile the district nursing service continue to drag their feet.

I am now on my last two towels and they are already soiled. I am left naked with just a dirty towel to cover my legs. It is quite clear my care managers could not care less. My hope is that Hazel Blears MP will step in to help me on Monday.

Hi Becky,

I remember Scott aka Teynhambees having a torrid time with his Kent local authorities. They drove him to despair and he attempted his life too. MND is bad but some authorities are worse.

This forum is so important and the understanding and cammoradary of you fellow travellers is priceless.

Love Graham xx

Springtime
13th December 2014, 22:15
Hi Graham,
I have been concerned about you, this situation cannot be left to continue. My offer of PJ's obviously isn't going to solve your problem long term. So how can we help you? Please message me or tell us on here how we can be of help. Have you contacted the MNDA as I am sure they will also help where they can. What about The Salvation Army, The Hospice. Are there any suggestions from the good people on here who Graham could contact to help and support him. Hugs Springtime x

Graham
14th December 2014, 10:42
Hi Spring,

The MNDA Director of Care for the North has been involved for several months but has made no impact. The trouble is that my local authorities believe they are immovable and they are. On Tuesday I will contact the British Red Cross if Hazel Blears MP cannot help.

My view of my care is criminal wilful neglect. It is before the Local Government Ombudsman at present for adjudication.

I will wait for tomorrow before inconveniencing you. I want to see just how callous my authorities can be, although I went on hunger strike two weeks ago and they didn't bat an eyelid.

Take care

Graham xx

Terry
14th December 2014, 10:55
Hi Graham;

Zepedee's idea about the hospice might be another direction. My hospice do offer a hospice at home service, not sure if it's much good but if you can get them in to see you they may well put extra pressure on the other people. You can self refer by email and ask the Mnda to do the same.

They would provide another separate lot of OT's and physio's etc.

I don't think that many people here have any idea what you are and have been through, I certainly can't.

I know it's hard to accept help from us but we would like too.

Regards Terry

Graham
14th December 2014, 11:16
Hi Terry,

I will make email contact with my hospice. I have had two respite sessions there when I lived with my father. However the problem is quite clearly my social services and my district nursing service on whom I must and cannot rely.

You have no idea how much it helps just talking to you Terry. IF I was on my own I would have gone insane at the hands of my care managers.

Take care

Graham

Jock
14th December 2014, 12:04
I don't think that many people here have any idea what you are and have been through, I certainly can't.

I know it's hard to accept help from us but we would like too.

Regards Terry

I second what Terry says. It baffles me that differing postal codes can render such different services - sadly I sense that your more populated area puts services under more pressure than mine. All the best with Hazel tomorrow.

Jock.

Terry
14th December 2014, 12:43
Great if you have been there as you will be on their records Graham;

They are part independent so might be able to help in many ways.

You support us in so many ways and fight for us as well as yourself but I won't be soppy. Chatting is great as long as you don't want to play chess. I was quite good two years ago had a ranking of 1900, but I'm absolute shXX now. I think the Mnd has affected my brain, any old excuse will do.

Love Terry

Graham
14th December 2014, 19:57
Hi Jock,

Thanks, much appreciated.

Hi Terry,

Chess saved my life while in that hell-hole. You can tell how much I played from my rating of >2100! Your rating was very decent too!

Judge Judy and Judge Rinder are providing lessons in law that I am trying to put into effect with all my legal battles. Such fun (not).

Take care

Graham

Springtime
15th December 2014, 13:13
Good Afternoon Graham,

Just thinking about you and wondering how you have gone on today with Hazel Blears MP, I do hope you have had a good response from her and plans in place for carers etc, going forward. Also did you manage to contact the hospice?
Take Care Hugs Spring x

Nettie B
15th December 2014, 17:06
I'm sure the hospice would be your way forward Graham. Once you've been there I'm sure they'd sort you out a proper care package. I do hope a hospice stay will be set up for you very soon. XX Nettie.

Lycanthrope
15th December 2014, 22:36
Hi Graham x How are things? I've been thinking about you and wondering how you are. We have to look out for each other here don't we? You mentioned about a hunger strike - does that mean you're not eating? I really hope things are getting sorted out for you. tc Becky x

marieline
16th December 2014, 01:46
Hello Graham,
I hope that you have a all the appropriate services arranged for the christmas period. As much as i don't like to celebrate, it can be a very lonely time. Like Terry says, some respite in a hospice would be appropriate. I know how independent you are.
Please stay strong. Best wishes
Marieline

Graham
16th December 2014, 15:51
Dear Ms McArthur,

Please could you provide the 'Being murdered' and 'My God, Please Help Me' threads plus the more recent threads that were removed to the investigating officer as carbon-copied and to me for reference purposes. Thank you.

Yours sincerely

Graham Tatlock

Graham
16th December 2014, 20:34
Hi Spring, Nettie, Becky, Marieline,

No further forward yet, and Hazel Blears MP hasn't made contact this week so far.

I am hunkered down. As Sylvester Stallone says, 'It's how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward!'. I will do all I can to make them pay.

I know that I am not alone. There are 10,000s of our youth and 10,000s of our elderly in the U.K getting a raw deal from the country's social services.

I hope life is treating you as well as can be expected. We have each other on here.

I am hopeful that the MND biomarkers will prove very significant in 2015. For the first time ever, we can actually test all new treatments and gauge accurately if they actually are effective. This would also apply to supplements too.

Take care

Graham x

Terry
16th December 2014, 21:06
We'll have to call you Red Graham;

Lets hope something happens soon, and it's good you come up fighting, just stay calm as you work better that way.

Love Terry

marieline
17th December 2014, 00:00
Hang in there Graham the great! There is bound to be a very positive outcome. Your plight and fight can happen to anyone of us living on our own "me for instance" and praying that a resolution happens soon.

Best wishes
Marieline

BlueEyesOhio
17th December 2014, 02:57
Graham,
Hang in there! I hope your problems will make it to the right folks and you'll soon be ok. We are here for you to talk to. Why do the good guys get the bad breaks? Something good HAS to be coming soon.

((((((((((((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))))))))) ))))))))

Lynne

Andrew
17th December 2014, 11:51
Dear Graham,

My colleague Claire McArthur has contacted your privately about this today.

Regards,

Andrew

Graham
17th December 2014, 14:27
Dear All,

I have received the communication in the postscript from Claire McArthur of the MNDA. Claire has referred the matter to the Data Protection Manager of the MNDA requiring guidance if the text of third parties can be released.

I argue that as this is an open forum, all parties have prior consented to the text being made available as they put it in the public domain. Indeed many objected when their posts were removed.

Without prejudicing my request for full disclosure, I ask that John, Claire and Andrew give consent to their posts being released as I recall them contacting the Police and other parties for me when the people in charge of my care refused to contact the Police for me as they were in fact abusing me.

Yours sincerely

Graham

P.S

Dear Graham,

thanks for your email and the request for us to provide the threads of from our MND Care Forum.

I have now referred this to our Data Protection Manager, as there are personal contributions from others included in the threads. This request will be reviewed in a meeting tomorrow.

I will let you know the outcome then.

Kind Regards

Claire

Claire McArthur
Digital Media Manager
Motor Neurone Disease Association

Terry
17th December 2014, 16:08
Hi Graham;

This sounds very reasonable:- "Without prejudicing my request for full disclosure, I ask that John, Claire and Andrew give consent to their posts being released as I recall them contacting the Police and other parties for me when the people in charge of my care refused to contact the Police for me as they were in fact abusing me."

You of course have my consent as well, should I have written anything of use.

Just so glad they kept the posts, I did copy one but I think that I dumped it when you got released.

Regards Terry

john
17th December 2014, 17:57
Hi Graham,
I have only just read the post and have send a pm to Claire as follows:-
Dear Claire,

Graham has requested that I give permission to the mnda to release to him copies of any posts I have made on the forum relating to his period in hospital. I hereby grant my full consent to you releasing to Graham, or anyone he may care to nominate, copies of any posts made by me relating to this or any other matter which Graham request.

John

Graham
17th December 2014, 19:45
Hi Terry, John,

Thank you. Your support during those dark days to me was invaluable and your continuing friendship is heart-warming. Justice will prevail.

Hi Lynne, Marieline,

Hazel Blears MP has stepped in to offer her support. I am now hopeful that my issues will be resolved.

Take care

Graham

Lycanthrope
17th December 2014, 22:03
Lol Terry @ Red Graham. Hey that's great to hear that things are finally moving for you Graham. Keep us posted with how things are going. tc Becky x

crackers
18th December 2014, 11:58
Hi Graham
Rreally pleased your MP is intervening and as I said My experience was very favourable and Alan Hazelhurst now views this as a 'dreadful disease'. Not only did he attend to my problem very efficently but he also seems to have 'seen the light'
The more awareness there is the better it will be.

I also agree to the MND association publishing anything I post as I have nothing to hide.
In situations such as these there are far more important considerations than Data Protection. In fact the greatest open pursuit of knowledge is the foremost consideration. There cannot be 'the knowledge' if the cloak of Data Protection is used for any form of censorship, that is, for genuine forum members. We are disciples of MND, each and everyone here, but how can we preach the gospel if we are concerned that our views and opinions may be misinterpreted and compromised. This disease is crucifying us and it is a great sadness if anyone is nailed to the cross for their right to freedom of expression.
You obviously see I support your position and feely strongly that the MNDA should respect your wishes if that is your choice.

Hope things move quickly for you and all the very best

Kelvin - crackers.

Terry
18th December 2014, 12:54
Hi Kelvin;

I do agree that this is more important than data protection but it's so important that both the Mnda and Graham gets the evidence correctly as if it goes to court it will be thrown out.

So by the Mnda saying that they are protecting Graham as well.

Terry

Graham
18th December 2014, 20:52
Hi Kelvin,

Thank you for your support. May I ask you how Alan Hazelhurst helped you? It would seem that MND is not understood in all quarters.

This is the only MND forum accessible from the hospedia terminals in our hospitals. It was my only means of communicating with anyone other than my elderly father. When my posts were removed, I was totally isolated. I was trapped in my head. It was a terrible experience.

Onwards and forwards, there are lessons to be learnt.

Evening Terry,

I see that Skyfall will be showing on ITV on Christmas Eve. One to watch!

Take care

crackers
19th December 2014, 10:28
Hi Terry

Yes I agree it is important that all parties provide consistant evidence when dealing with the Ombudsman or Courts and it can be tactically important to devulge evidence at the right time. Graham will be guided by the MNDA in the procedural issues of his case but he still has the right of choice , covered by EEC legislation under sub sections Freedom, Citizens Rights and Justice.
As Graham is working with the MNDA both parties need to agree strategies (Tactics) and clear explanations for these strategies need to be made known. If they cannot be agreed then the whole process is questionable. Terry, this refers to your comment on the issue of evidence in court procedures .
Notwithstanding preceeding comments Graham, again, still has Freedom, Citizens Rights and Justice concerning right of choice. This is my point. These issues can be resolved using clear and informed dialouge and not reverting to all embracing statements such as Data Protection when highly sensitive circumstances such as Grahams are involved. Little blip but easily resolveable.
I have been involved with prosecutions and actions involving government parties and agencies for a number of years and I know how complex and arbitrary from procedural aspects this can be. I can see how Graham may feel alone, even with the very best intentions of the MNDA to support him. This is where the Forum can provide reassurances and help, by sharing personal experiences. Clearly Graham gains great benefit from this, which is a sentiment we all share.
I could go on forever on this issue but would bore the pants off everyone 'even those wearing long johns'

Enough now but I will post later on Grahams request which will be titled 'MP Helps'

Cheers

Kelvin

i

crackers
20th December 2014, 13:12
Hi Graham

Sorry for the delay in posting but I am pleased to advise how my MP helped; allthough, this problem has nothing of the magnitude of your own.
In January of 2014 I was finally diagnosed with ALS, by a Specialist, at the John Radcliffe Oxford. The Specalists advice was to do as much as possible while I could and importantly over the next 6 months.
As my passport had recently expired I contacted the Passport Office in London enquiring whether there was any route to obtain a short term passport free of charge and was advised that this could be granted for one year but that I would need to apply to Peterborough. This was in March 2014.
In May 2014 I contacted the Peterborough Office and the fun really began. After much deliberation I was told that I could have a short term passport as requested but I would need to make a full application. I duly completed all the forms including identification, confirmation by Specialists and Doctor plus obtaining DS 1500 etc . Now thinking this looks straightforward, but Oh Dear!
On 4th June all documents were with Peterborough and on the 26th June I had a call from the P' Office telling me to pay the fee for a 10 year passport and to apply for a refund later. I immediately thought 'not on your nelly' and protested by mail and in extensive dialogue. These protests caused a response - this B' means business and the next day the P' Manager called to tell me there would no refund and basically 'on your bike' . As you appreciate with ALS this is very difficult( Leg onset) but my brains not too bad and I thought where next.
To cut a much longer story short I have experience of fast track procedures with government departments and thought this is one for an MP's Parliamentary Office as they have direct access to Directors of Departments.
In obtaining access to the Parliamentary Office you need to enlist help of an MP and on 01/07/14 I contacted Sir Alan Haselhurst who responded on the 03/07/14. From thereon things were electric; the Parliamentary Office were on to Directors and Directors to assigned persons at Peterborough. I quickly recieved my passport FREE OF CHARGE AND FOR TEN YEARS. Good old Sir Alan - much better than Sugar.

During the course of these latter conversations with PO's I took the opportunity to raise the issue of the terminally ill and their rights to free short term passports together with the matter of potential negative publicity prior to an election. Afterall it would be bad news if news headlines read ' Dying man hampered from obtaining Passport'.
Obviously there was no comments on the media issue but was told the matter of compassionate passports would be on the agenda for discussions following anticipated changes at the Passport Office . I think this one is good for the MNDA to follow up.

Graham this is' food for thought' and you may like it. In early July the CEO of Passport Office was being grilled by a Parliamentary Commitee and at the same time I was also banging my drum. In September he was sacked and control reverted back to the Home Office. I am inclined to think that this is coincidence but if my fight contributed to the downfall of a government department our Terry might be making me an 'all seasons red leotard' to match my green elf one.

I know your case is much more significant but things can be made to happen even with government departments. I hope this experience gives you some reassurance and that your circumstances improve with the support you are now calling on.

Please do not hesitate to get in touch with me and I will try, where possible, to help. This help, I know, will also be extended to you from all your forum freinds.

I hope, sincerely, you have a very peaceful Christmas.

All the very best,

Kelvin

Graham
22nd December 2014, 20:55
Hi Kelvin,

Thank you for posting the story. I am very pleased to hear the outcome was favourable to you and not so favourable for the CEO of the Passport Office. You can now embark on the holidays of your dreams, I wish you good adventure!

It is quite troubling to imagine how indifferent fellow human beings can be to the obvious misfortune of sick folk. Sadly it seems to be the rule rather than the exception.

Meanwhile your Alan Hazelhurst MP beats my Hazel Blears MP all hands down with response time and results. I am still being cleaned with the excrement filled towels that were used three weeks ago and I am still naked in bed covered with a towel only.

It will take a brave soul to take on my local services. Tomorrow is another day.

Best wishes

Graham

Terry
22nd December 2014, 21:41
Hi Graham;

I was hopping that you were a bit more sorted, might be time to bring in the Cavalry.

Regards Terry

crackers
23rd December 2014, 09:05
Hi Terry

This is just not on, beyond acceptabilty and inhuman, however red Graham is! What tactics do you think might start working? Do you think a forum petition may help- at least on the support front.
My MP seems proactive from a MND viewpoint I think I will mention Grahams case to him but I will first check with Graham?

Will keep in touch

Kelvin

crackers
23rd December 2014, 09:18
Hi Graham

I am amazed at your inhuman treatment.
Just a thought would you like me to ask my MP to give Hazel Blears a wake up call.
My personal opinion is that the Social Services fall back point will be - the care home, which you have declined. Fighting this may very well become a Crusade but you seem like a Crusader.

All the best

Kelvin

john
23rd December 2014, 11:02
Hi Graham,
When you were in hospital I tried Hazel Blears and she was up there with chocolate fire guards in terms of usefulness. There was a local newspaper who seemed interested but then withdrew when it appeared you were being helped. BBC seemed disinterested but your present situation belongs in Eastern European countries not here. A camera man round there with a carer at work may make them sit up and take notice if it can be done whilst preserving your modesty.
Has no one from the support organisations come to your aid so far?
If you have a right to live supported at home then what is wrong with these people? You wouldn't expect animals to be treated with so little compassion. I have a house full of guests until Saturday but if you think it would help if I drove over to confront these people on Saturday then just send me a pm saying where and when and I will be there.

I would wish you a merry Christmas but that does not look like it is on the cards. All the best and try and keep your spirits up.

John

Trevorhb
23rd December 2014, 11:06
Have tried a local newspaper, regional TV or radio channel? If they run it it is often picked up by the national media.

crackers
23rd December 2014, 11:24
Hi John

If Graham agrees a Youtube video might certainly have the right impact - what do you think.

All the best

Kelvin

Graham
23rd December 2014, 12:10
Hello Friends,

The organisations that I have contacted:

MNDA Director of Care - ongoing
BBC North West Tonight - ongoing
Local Government Ombudsman - ongoing
Salford Council Investigator - ongoing
CQC - ongoing
Hazel Blears MP - ongoing
Parliamentary Health Service Ombudsman - to be done

Because the Local Government Ombudsman is involved, I shrink away from giving more details. Am I right Kelvin?

crackers
23rd December 2014, 13:00
Yes Graham to make detailed disclosures prior to the consideration of the Ombudsman is very unwise. The facts which you rely on will cover documented incidents over a given period and these must not be compromised. Notwithstanding this if there are any new changes in your circumstances ,which do not include persons or agencies already made known and included in your evidence to the Ombudsman, you can use reasonable pressure to make your new position known. You must, of course, avoid anything which is slanderous or libellous.
I guess you are itching to go public but you must be patient even if time is a privilege we do not have.

Keep strong ,

Kelvin

Trevorhb
23rd December 2014, 13:16
Try your local and regional newspaper, I am sure they would use it.

Graham
23rd December 2014, 20:12
Hi Kelvin,

Thank you for the advice. I will keep the powder dry.

Today I received a Financial Services Ombudsman's decision on one of my complaints. It is very interesting. Is the Ombudsman obliged to offer an explanation of the decision?

Regards

Graham

Lycanthrope
23rd December 2014, 20:58
Hi Graham x I can't believe this is still going on. How much did the MNDA receive in fund raising this year again? Please let me know if there's anyone I can contact/complain to, in order to get something done to help you. It's an appalling situation and I just hope you don't have to continue with it for much longer. Best wishes Becky x

Graham
24th December 2014, 10:33
Hi John,

I hear what you write about Hazel Blears MP and in the words of 'Yes Minister', I couldn't possibly comment, for instance, in a manner of speech with all things considered.

I am humbled by all the offers of help, I truly am. The only people that won't help me are the professional care managers who are paid to help me.

The care managers are all on festive leave now. Steve Bell, Director of Care of our MNDA is planning to meet my care management team early in the New Year. This would be the opportunity to make progress. I will keep you posted.

Take care.

Hi Trevor,

The BBC are interested in the story, they want me to contact them after the Local Government Ombudsman's investigation. We will see at that time if they choose to run the story.

Hi Becky,

I am fortified by your support. This makes me unbelievably strong.

Love Graham

crackers
24th December 2014, 11:41
Hi Graham

It is unusual for the ombudsman not to provide an explanation. I do not have experience with FSO as my cases, including terminal illness insurance matters, have been resolved before any such action.

Cheers

Kelvin

Terry
24th December 2014, 13:30
Hi Graham;

I guess you've read this web page, it quite seems clear:-

http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/publications/factsheets/what-happen-now-my-case-has-been-referred-to-an-ombudsman.pdf

It says, "what will the final decision actually
look like?
We want our decisions to be as clear and
concise as possible. Some ombudsmen write
their decisions as reports. And some decisions
are written as short, to-the-point summaries.
What the decision looks like largely depends on
the complexity of the case – and what the
ombudsman thinks the most suitable format
should be.
We will post the ombudsman’s decision to you
(unless you have asked us to correspond with
you in a different way). There will also be a letter
explaining the next steps you need to take. We
will send the business a copy of the decision on
the same day.
We put the final decisions of our ombudsmen
on our website. But so you will not be identified,
your name will not appear anywhere."

Graham
24th December 2014, 19:40
Hi Terry,

Thanks for that. it definitely falls into the concise version at the moment.

Best wishes

Graham

Lycanthrope
25th December 2014, 12:45
Hi Graham x You're an inspiration to me the way you fight for everyone here. Stay strong. tc Becky x

bakeit Forum