PDA

View Full Version : Quotes

goldilockz
26th December 2014, 22:18
I have noticed a few lovely quotes on some peoples' signatures and thought I would start a new thread here asking if you could post some inspirational and uplifting quotes for a little pick-me-up if any of us are having a tough day. Would love to see what you write!

Jenny xx

fishmate12
26th December 2014, 23:03
I'll have to watch my position,..E O,..now we've got another it seems,...hi Jenny,

~ Time is forever, yet never here for long. Only if you're clever, you'll treasure it before its gone. ~

Candle
26th December 2014, 23:08
Worrying does not empty tomorrow of its troubles.

It empties today of its strength.

ccinjersey
26th December 2014, 23:19
Great idea Jenny! This one is my all time favorite,

‘There, but for the grace of god go I’

Because if you stop and think about it, no matter how bad you feel you or think you have it in life, someone else always has it worse.

Hey Ray competition is good, it makes you step up your game :)lol

CCxxx

goldilockz
26th December 2014, 23:40
I love all of these quotes! I've been a member of a few forums in my time but never have I come across so many supportive and inspirational people, I knew you'd have a few good quotes up your sleeve!

fishmate12: haha, what position am I competing with you for?!

ccinjersey, you're so right that there is always someone who has it worse. No one is immune to suffering, life just isn't fair, and that just encourages us to stay in the present moment because, in my experience, you always worry about things that don't happen and never even consider the problems that hit you right from completely out of the blue.

mik
26th December 2014, 23:40
`trebor mints are a minty bit stronger, stick them up your bum and they last a bit longer.
a rule to live life by!
mik

goldilockz
26th December 2014, 23:54
Hahaha!! Mik, I very much like your take on the 'inspirational quote' task!

john
27th December 2014, 00:20
Don't look back, you are not going there.

ccinjersey
27th December 2014, 00:49
LOL these are just to great!

Ray is our E.O. (Entertainment Officer) Jenny. I had applied for the assistant position, even showed him my impressive resume, but he didn’t hire me :( Maybe you can give him a run for his money Jenny. I always felt women make great E.E.O (Executive Entertainment Officers)

Lmao
CCxox

goldilockz
27th December 2014, 00:57
Haha! Thank you for clarifying CC! I would be honoured to give Ray a run for his money! And perhaps you could be my assistant. Great pay and benefits guaranteed!

ccinjersey
27th December 2014, 01:06
LMAO :)

Thank you for the offer Jenny, and I accept the position. I also always felt women should rule the world so we might as well start out with a laugh or two.

Will be in touch with your Human Resources department regarding my pay, and I already know I'll love the benefits :)

CCxox

fishmate12
27th December 2014, 01:09
We're always thinking, well i am,..about cells, etc,

Two hydrogen atoms meet. One says, 'I've lost my electron.' The other says, 'Are you sure?' The first replies, 'Yes, I'm positive.'

ccinjersey
27th December 2014, 01:22
HAHAHA :) Good one Ray !

You see Jenny, you already got him stepping up his game for the E.E.O position lol

fishmate12
27th December 2014, 01:36
I've no danger of losing my highly-paid title,...TO ANY WOMAN....i suddenly can envisage a big key turning somewhere!!
One for the wild lady of NY,..

All the toilets in New York 's police stations have been stolen. As of now, it appears the police have nothing to go on.

goldilockz
27th December 2014, 01:36
Haha! Contract is in the post CC :D
Perhaps Ray and I can be joint EEOs. After all, I'm just a newbie to these parts so could definitely do with someone showing me the ropes! I loved the atom joke by the way!

DaiTheDragon
27th December 2014, 11:38
Weeds are just plants that haven't learnt to grow in rows

miranda
27th December 2014, 12:23
Methinks Rory is back??

ccinjersey
27th December 2014, 12:48
LOL :)

Are we allowed to post more then one Boss ? If so these are dedicated to our poetic radical.

The average woman would rather have beauty than brains, because the average man can see better than he can think. ~

A woman can say more in a sigh than a man can say in a sermon. ~

Whatever women do they must do twice as well as men to be thought half as good. Luckily, this is not difficult. ~

CCxox

pete
27th December 2014, 15:43
Methinks Rory is back??

Hi Miranda,

If only he was ,and so many others !!.

BlueEyesOhio
28th December 2014, 02:28
Here's my contribution:

I'm here cause I'm not all there!

LOL!!! True, so true

Trevorhb
28th December 2014, 10:55
"Why spend your life on your knees, when you can spend one day on your feet".

Lycanthrope
28th December 2014, 11:17
What the caterpillar calls the end, the rest of the world calls a butterfly.

john
28th December 2014, 11:32
One for the politicians!

"Better to be quiet and thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt."

John

john
28th December 2014, 11:36
A signature used by Olly on alstdi. Very poignant in the context of this illness.

"Into the heart, an air that kills, from yon far country blows.
What are those blue remembered hills, what sphires what farms are those.
That is the land of lost content,I see it shining plain,
The happy highways where I went and cannot come again"

John

goldilockz
28th December 2014, 13:56
I love all of these, really inspirational :) The attitude of people on this site is so overwhelmingly positive, it's quite humbling.

Springtime
28th December 2014, 14:37
WOMAN.....Your drunk and whats more your disgustingly drunk.
CHURCHILL...Your ugly, and whats more your disgustingly ugly, But tomorrow I will be sober and you Madam will still be ugly.

and another

Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak,
Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen.

Trevorhb
28th December 2014, 16:07
"Why live like a lamb, when you can die like a lion".

ccinjersey
28th December 2014, 17:38
Oooh that's a great one Trevor! a round of roars for that one :) lol

goldilockz
28th December 2014, 19:09
Ohh I love that one Trevor! So very noble.

Jock
29th December 2014, 07:55
"There should be no boundaries to human endeavor. We are all different. However bad life may seem, there is always something you can do, and succeed at. While there's life, there is hope." Stephen Hawking.

bakeit Forum